SORT BY
Most helpful
SORT BY
Recent interviewed
SORT BY
Recent posted
Debrief posted on  Sep 02 2019 [#permalink] NUS Singapore, NUS MiM
Off Campus with Adcom Interviewed on: Aug 15 2019 Final Decision: Admitted

"2 interviewers, both of them were very friendly and welcoming. One of them was Mr. Aaron Goh, director of the MSc Programmes Office at NUS, and another Caucasian lady, whose name I couldn't recall. Before that, I prepared myself for mostly generic and behavioural questions as that was what the previous debriefs mentioned would be most likely asked. However, as I am involved in the education family business, from start till the end questions were revolved mostly around the business. I took the opportunity to explain my background and also the tasks that I did during my employment. Other than that, they also asked me what is my outlook of Malaysia's future, what are the takeaways from this course if admitted, what is the difference between Malaysia and Singapore etc. Overall, I was kind of taken aback by the unorthodox questions as the questions that I have prepared was not asked at all. However, I must say it was relatively easy to keep the conversation going. My advice is to really know your background and work well, as they really went into the details of my CV. Also, do not freak out or panic, be really confident about yourself and just speak out. I think what they want to see is not whether your responses are correct, but rather your attitude and boldness."

This user wants to stay Private from Malaysia GMAT 650; WE: 24 months; Education
0 out of 0 people found this Debrief helpful.

Was this Debrief helpful for you?

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Mar 27 2019 [#permalink] NUS Singapore, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Mar 27 2019 Final Decision: Interviewed

"Had my prelim interview today, with Adcom Sheila. She was pretty conversational. The questions were: 1. Elevator Pitch 2. Post MBA goal 3. Why MBA now and why NUS 4. Plan B 5. What are your views about the job market in Singapore? 6. What do you know about the current legislation upon job option? < I didn't know> 7. Now that I have told you, do you have any different ideas about NUS or Singapore job? I did screw up considering companies which didn't recruit internationals.. :D I hope I satisfied them with answers! All the best to prospects!"

Reveur from India GMAT 720; WE: 60 months; Telecommunications

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Mar 21 2019 [#permalink] NUS Singapore, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Mar 21 2019 Final Decision: Admitted

"My interview questions were quite different to those of others. Most of the questions were about technical things relevant to my working background. Some common questions were also asked like why MBA and NUS. Other than that were about my knowledge and experiences from work! Interviewers were friendly and answered every questions i asked. Good Luck everyone. Be yourself and do not be too stressed!"

pearpat1 from Thailand Consulting

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Mar 13 2019 [#permalink] NUS Singapore, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Mar 13 2019 Final Decision: Denied with Interview

"I had my preliminary interview today. It was taken by an Adcom member Sheila. She introduced herself first and then directly onto the interview with following questions: 1. 1 minute Elevator Pitch 2. Career Goals 3. Why MBA? Why NUS? 4. What are your views about whether Singapore can be a suitable hub for the sector you currently work for? 5. Any current issue that you have been following (political/social/economic), what is it about and what are your views about it? It was a 12 min call and with no slot for questions that can be asked from her. Let's see what happens next!"

This user wants to stay Private from India GMAT 720; WE: 60 months; Energy and Utilities

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Mar 13 2019 [#permalink] NUS Singapore, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Mar 12 2019

"Had my primary interview today - here's a quick summary: Duration (10-12 Minutes) 1. Elevator Pitch 2. What are your goals after your MBA? 3. What do you want to gain from an MBA? 4. Any question for us? - Asked about Internships and Experiential Learning."

deepeshagarwal101 from India GMAT 700;

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Mar 14 2019 [#permalink] NUS Singapore, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Feb 26 2019 Final Decision: Admitted

"My final interview lasted for about 15 min. The panel consisted of 2 Adcom members. The interview was not at all stressful but quite casual. Below are some of the questions asked (not necessarily in order): 1) 1 min elevator pitch 2)Your role Model and why? 3)What is your leadership Style? Provide instances. 4)What are your spike factors? What diversity would you bring to the class if admitted? 5)What if you don't get your desired role/industry? What's plan B? 6)Why NUS? Which other schools have you applied to? 7)Any questions for us""

Ash2kcool from India GMAT 720; WE: 5 months;

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 21 2019 [#permalink] NUS Singapore, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Feb 21 2019 Final Decision: Interviewed

"Just finished with my preliminary interview. It lasted for 14 mins exactly. Quite friendly and conversation-based. The interviewer made it clear in the beginning that she will not be taking any questions in this round. Questions in chronology: 1. 1 min elevator pitch 2. Why MBA? Why NUS? Why Singapore (All included in one question). 3. Preferred destinations for jobs. 4. Alternate destinations if you don't land a job in your preferred destination. Had some follow up discussions on China and Europe. 5. One current affair outside Asia (Made clear to not include Modi :)). 6. How would you prepare differently for the next interview if you make it to the next round? I asked for some feedback in the end. She said she was alright with everything"

akarshan92 from India GMAT 740;

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 24 2019 [#permalink] NUS Singapore, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Feb 21 2019

"It was a preliminary round and was timed for 15 minutes. Interviewer asked me these questions: 1. One minute elevator pitch. 2. What industry and what roles are you looking at 3. Preferred job location 4. Asked me about my company (an eCommerce company that sells jewelry online 5. How difficult is it to sell it in your industry 6. Names of your competitors 7. As a person who doesn't know much about jewelry online, what would be your advice 8. I have many candidates from eCommerce industry, what sets you apart 9. If shortlisted, how would you prepare for the next round of interview. The interviewer was a lovely lady named Shilla. She kept the interview friendly. I know preparing for interviews and waiting for it to happen can bring a lot of anxiety. Just don't mug up the answers, be yourself and don't screw up your elevator pitch like I did. I hope this helps. :)"

neelam90 from India GMAT 700; WE: 66 months; Internet and New Media

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 14 2019 [#permalink] NUS Singapore, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Feb 14 2019 Final Decision: Interviewed

"A little bit background to understand why NUS asked me these questions: Computer science graduate Entered finance industry through MT programme 8 years of WE in largest bank in Indonesia as financial risk manager (never move to another) Manage a 3 person team Already got scholarship from the bank Applied NUS on 30 Jan Got interview email on 31 Jan Interviewed on 14 Feb The interviewers were Zahira, a manager, and Hamidah, a Senior Associate Director, (I think those are their first name). Both of them are program manager, not a lecturer. Unfortunately, NUS did not tell you who is the interviewer. If you know who’s the interviewer prior to the Skype call, then you can dig their background and interest to gain connection. The questions were: Elevator pitch Why MBA, Why NUS? How can you get promoted faster than your peers? How MBA will help you as a person? What kind of leader are you? There were other behavioral questions but I can’t remember it Which club will you join? I wasn’t prepared for this question Which other school(s) do you applied? Do you have any questions? Overall they dug my work experience and my leadership skills through behavioral questions. The interview lasted 26 minutes, I have more questions but they cut it because they have another interview."

This user wants to stay Private from Indonesia WE: 92 months; Commercial Banking

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 28 2019 [#permalink] NUS Singapore, Full Time MBA
Off Campus with Adcom Interviewed on: Feb 07 2019 Final Decision: Denied with Interview

"gfgghfg"

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Dec 31 2018 [#permalink] NUS Singapore, Full Time MBA
On Campus Interviewed on: Dec 04 2018 Final Decision: Admitted

"Hi, I received my admission offer about 2 weeks ago and a little over a week after my interview. While I am an international applicant from Canada, due to my frequent travel to Asia, I decided to take the interview in person at NUS. The interview was very straight forward and conversational, while some may have found it intimidating as one of the two interviewers was intense and quick on his feet (the head of career services). My interview consisted of the Dean of the School of Business and the head of the career services. Much of my interview was a back and forth with the head of career services, most likely due to my background in trading and him being previously the head of Asia recruitment at JP Morgan. The questions posed were very standard at first, the usual why MBA now, why NUS, any other schools and long term goals. From there the interview became more personalized due to my career goals of shifting into the commodities industry and moving to Singapore. Hence why the career services head took up much of the interview vs. the dean. Overall the interview experience was very positive and enjoyable. They were in a rush, originally planned for 30 mins but ended up going over to 45 mins, probably because they had multiple interview lined up that day. After the interview, the graduate recruiter gave me a tour of the school of business and gave me a run down of the places on campus to visit. Hope this helps anyone going into an interview at NUS! Thanks, Shubrat"

Shubrat from Canada GMAT 690; WE: 90 months; Investment Banking

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Dec 03 2018 [#permalink] NUS Singapore
Skype Interviewed on: Mar 15 2018

"I had my preliminary interview on 15th of march .I am writing down some of the questions that were asked so it can benefit ppl who are yet to receive their invite. 1.Elevator pitch (basically why they should admit you) 2.3 countries and companies that you would be interested in working in 3.One Asian non Indian company that has global presence(should not be from the sector that you work in) 4.One business leader(not an Indian) that you would want to have pani puri with 5.If you get a large amount of funding what would you do with that 6.Explain your experience with the NGO(I had mentioned this in one of my essays)."

rach16 GMAT 650;

yes
no
Off Campus with Adcom Interviewed on: Dec 01 2017 Final Decision: Admitted

"Here is my NUS face to face interview experience. Lasted about 25 mins..conversational and not at all stressful..2 adcom members and one alumni..Below are some of the questions asked (not necessarily in order): 1) 60 sec elevator pitch 2)One Asia based company and leader that you follow 3)One instance when you balanced your manager's and juniors' expectations 4)What does success mean to you? 5)What if you don't get your dream job? What's plan B? 6)Why NUS? Which other schools have you applied to? 7)Any questions for us"

yes
no
Off Campus with Adcom Interviewed on: Dec 01 2017 Final Decision: Admitted

"It was really conversational. 2 AdCom Members. Both female. One was from Career services and another was Professor. Interview Questions- 1. What are you post MBA Goals? 2. Why NUS? Why now? 3. They were really interested in my multi-cultural experience and team handling. Asked questions about the same 4. I have worked in Turkey and Thailand. They asked me about the difference in two cultures. 5. Questions related to my work experience so far. Total time: 18 Minutes."

shubham12123 from Thailand GMAT 680;

yes
no
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 25 2017

"Had my interview yesterday. It was very casual and conversational. Below are a few questions - 1. Elevator pitch 2. My short term career goals and the countries I want to work in. I said I'm interested in South Korea and China and they asked me to consider the S3 Asia double degree program. 3. Who's one business leader you'd like to have coffee with 4. What are the traits a leader must possess"

sharath2692 from India GMAT 730;

yes
no
Off Campus with Adcom Interviewed on: Nov 17 2017

"Below is interview experience: 3 interviewers- 2 adcom members and 1 alumni(indian) 1. Elevator pitch 2. 3 companies and 3 locations of your choice for job after graduation 3. Why these 3 companies that are very distinct from each other? 4. Why NUS? Why not ISB or IIMs. 5. 1 business leader (not of Indian Origin) that you would like to meet next week and why. 6. 1 Asian company(not indian) that interests you and why. Then some more questions based on ques 6. 7. What is the difference between Asian and Western way of business. 8. What is your experience working with people from different cultures(if any). 9. With 3.5 years of experience, how will you contribute to a class with average wex of 5-6. 10. Any questions for us. The whole interview was conversational and very easy going. Overall a good experience. All the best guys!"

Satya090 from India GMAT 740;

yes
no
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 13 2017

"Hi,. The interview was for 15-20 mins. 1 Alum(2009 batch) and the director of Adcom. Very conversational and friendly. Questions : 1. Give us a 60 second elevator pitch why we should hire you? 2. Post mba goals and name three companies and 3 cities you would like to work? 3. Which one Asian(non indian) leader has inspired you the most? Gave one political name then they asked me for a business leader 4. What are 2 utmost traits that a leader should possess? 5. Did Steve jobs posses these traits? I mentioned China as my third preffered city to work. They asked why and asked me to look into the NUS double degree program with Peking university. They also graduated from a double degree prog so were sharing their experiences."

yes
no
Skype Interviewed on: Oct 26 2016 Final Decision: Admitted

"I submitted my application last Oct 18, received an interview invite last Oct 21. Interviewed Oct 26 Was offered admissions just yesterday Nov 2 :) Hope everyone else did great. Bit of a background on my academic profile. GPA is 2.98 with GMAT of 660. Not high by any standards but I focused a great deal on my application and essays. On the interview: questions were very typical Interview was conducted by a faculty member and from career services 1. Why MBA? Why NUS? 2. What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? 3. Tell me about your hobby 4. Any questions directed to the interviewers Goodluck to all!"

yes
no
Skype Interviewed on: Feb 16 2016

"I just got done with my interview with Marie. She said that I was one of the two candidates who would be pushed for the next round. It was very quick. The questions were very straightforward. Here is the list of the questions. 1.) There are many candidates from India with high Gmat scores and great work profiles. What sets you apart? 2.) Name one current event that happened in Asia, and one outside of it 3.) Name three companies that have originated in Asia and have a global presence that are not from your industry. 4.) What locations and companies would you like to work for and why? 5.) Biggest achievement and failure."

yes
no
Skype Interviewed on: Feb 04 2016 Final Decision: Denied with Interview

"Had my Skype interview couple of hours back with two adcoms. Questions were mainly targeted to my work and how will I get to my short-term goals- Questions were as follows- 1. Tell me about yourself 2. Why Singapore? 3. What are your goals and how do you plan to achieve it? 4. Which technology leader would you like to invite to NUS and why? ( Had mentioned something about technology speaker series in my essays) 5. Why would a consulting firm take you? 6. Have you interacted with anyone in your target firms? 7. How are you different from just another IT guy? Your unique selling point? 8. Tell me about a project in detail which you guided to completion. 9. Why is there a demand of the work you do? 10. Any questions from us? That's about it. The interview lasted for about 20-22 minutes and I got disconnected for a couple of times and one of the interviewer was quite displeased by this for which I apologized but I am sure this left a bad impression on her. All the best to others who have their interviews scheduled. Hope this helps."

sourabhsur123 from India GMAT 760;

yes
no
Skype Interviewed on: Jan 28 2016 Final Decision: Denied with Interview

"NUS was my dream school and I wanted to apply it as early as possible due to the Rolling deadlines. The NUS adcom were really helpful as my references link were expired many times in the process and I had to request for new link everytime. I applied on 28th december,2015 in the First round and got a call on 15th January for the Interview on 28th January. The interview was off-campus at a hotel in Delhi, India. The interview was taken by 1 Adcom who was also an alumni and one alumni (Indian) who happened to be my undergrad colg alumni too (it did't help though) The questions asked were : 1. Elevator pitch ( I was prepared for that because I had read many years' threads for the preparation) 2. Who is your Role model (who would you invite to NUS for a Coffee session) and Why? 3. How would NUS help you to achieve your Post MBA goal? (I told about the people I had talked to, Professors, courses etc. ) 4. What is the difference between the working style of Koreans and Indians? ( I work in a Korean company BTW) 5. Since you have worked in Middle east, you should be knowing about the culture and the reaction of them towards working women. ( I did not visit middle east, but interacted with them virtually so I told them) - They were quite disappointed with this. 6. Have you ever been outside your country? I hadn't and they were now really disappointed. I told them that I had virtually interacted with many countries' sales and marketing teams. 7. One news about Asia pacific and One outside Asia-Pacific? 8. Name the 3 countries and companies where do you want to work after your MBA? 9. Tell us one situation where you had encountered a tough client. 10. Why should be take you? How you are good for Consulting? 11. Any questions for us? Well Overall the questions were good and I answered them perfectly but somehow they did not get over the fact that I had not been abroad for work at least a single time. Well I believe that is because they are really selective and looking for the something extraordinary in a person's profile. The interview lasted for around 40 minutes."

pria131 from United States GMAT 720;

yes
no
Skype Interviewed on: Jan 14 2016 Final Decision: Interviewed

"It was quiet an interesting interview taken by 1 ADCOM and 1 Alum. Below are the questions asked. I may miss the order of one or two questions: 1. Asked about the last year's interview 2. Elevator pitch 3. Questions about my startup. Quiet a lot of them infact. Around 5 - 6 questions. How will you manage while your MBA. About market strategies, about products etc. 4. Questions about my extra curricualrs 5. Again questions about the startup 6. What has improved from the last application 7. My views on any international happening. Talked about Paris attacks. 8. My views about the role of media in the news. 9. Any business leader I would want to meet over a cup of coffee 10. Where would you like to work 11. Questions about GMAT. 12. Why should we take you in 3 sentences. 13. Any questions for us In all the interview lasted for 35 - 40 minutes."

ankurgupta03 from India GMAT 760;

yes
no
Skype Interviewed on: Jan 14 2016 Final Decision: Admitted

"Got done with the interview. Lasted 20-25 mins. It didn't go as well as I'd hoped. For one, their net connection was weak so we had to shift to a telephonic interview after 2 mins into the interview. Also, they didn't ask me the "Why NUS?" question and I forgot to touch upon it :-( The questions were: *Walk me through... *Goals *Why MBA? *How will you contribute to class? *Scenario : a team member is not performing. What is your management style? *Questions for them. Hoping for the best."

nitishgera from India GMAT 720;

yes
no
Skype Interviewed on: Jan 14 2016

"Done with my interview. It was f2f at NUS The questions were pretty straight forward 1. 5 mins intro 2. Why MBA 3. Why NUS 4. Why Full time/Part Time 5. Dream company after MBA 6. Impact of China's economy on Singapore 7. Any question Though it went quite well, I am not very hopeful"

endysng from Singapore GMAT 740;

yes
no