GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 09 Apr 2020, 23:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

NUS vs Rotman

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

DeGroote   Ivey   NUS   Rotman   Schulich   
Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
NUS vs Rotman  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 May 2019, 08:33
I got accepted in NUS, Rotman. Well, I have read so many posts in the Internet but I couldnt find out which choice would be better. I wanna get a job after graduate in finance indsutry such as Investment bank or private bank. It will be better if I can reach further to Wall st. Please give me some advice.
And if u have more time, consider Ivey, schulich, Degroote for me plz.

Posted from my mobile device
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
V
Concentration: Finance
NUS vs Rotman  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 May 2019, 10:47
IlllIll wrote:
I got accepted in NUS, Rotman. Well, I have read so many posts in the Internet but I couldnt find out which choice would be better. I wanna get a job after graduate in finance indsutry such as Investment bank or private bank. It will be better if I can reach further to Wall st. Please give me some advice.

Hello IlllIll

This funny choice of nickname ;)

Congrats on admission :thumbup:

There is no need to even consider Ivey, Schulich, DeGroote....Rotman is the best there is in Canada.

You can check my post about best Canadian business schools here :

https://gmatclub.com/forum/mba-in-canad ... l#p2174726

Ivey could be second best choice, but that is irrelevant here, when you are accepted at Rotman.

Toronto is also financial center/capital of Canada and relatively close to Wall Street that you aim, close in ties, firms represented, geographically etc.

Certainly closer than Singapore.

Since you mentioned other Canadian schools, obviously that place is your target and luckily you have been accepted to their best business school, so really it is no-brainer to decide/accept.

Good Luck with Rotman adventure and Toronto/NY living :cool:
CrackVerbal Co-Founder
S
Schools: IIMA
Re: NUS vs Rotman  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2019, 23:24
IlllIll wrote:

Hi,

Congratulations on your admit! In my opinion, when you have a decision like this it's important to objectively look at all aspects of both the courses

1. Geography - Since you are looking at getting into the finance industry both Canada and Singapore are the good options.

2. Class Size - do look the class size of both these schools and talk to the current students to understand how it works there.

3. Fees / Scholarships - Evaluate this too - How long would it take for you to pay off your education loan.

4. Please do check the Exchange programs/internships during the course.

5. Work Visa - Stay back option. Canada gives you the flexibility to work for 3 years post your MBA. PR options are better too. Whereas in Singapore you have LTVP (1-year option to stay post MBA - check this out too)

6. Weather and language - Since working/settling in a country is a long term decision - it's important you consider this too. If you are in Toronto or the English speaking regions you don't have too much to worry (I am assuming you do not know French :) ). Anywhere else in the Quebec region in Canada - it's important to learn the language.

These are pretty much the top 6 aspects you could use to take a call on which school to choose. Hope this helps.

rgds,
Shree

B
GPA: 3
WE: Engineering (Other)

Show Tags

New post 13 May 2019, 08:29
I would suggest Rotman.
SC Moderator
V
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.97
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 13 May 2019, 09:19
If finance and wall street is all you seek, rotman would do the trick

Whatever it takes...Until your spirit Breaks
GMAT Club Bot
Re: NUS vs Rotman   [#permalink] 13 May 2019, 09:19

NUS vs Rotman

new topic post reply Update application status