It is currently 14 Dec 2017, 16:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

NYC/NJ Study Group GMAT

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge
NYC/NJ Study Group GMAT [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2016, 05:37
Hey Everyone,

I wanted to bring together a small group of individuals that are motivated and want to do well in their GMAT. Goal of the group is to act as a support network and motivate one another. Background about me.

I'm a Canadian, graduated from University of Waterloo under the engineering umbrella. Recently moved to New York and love the environment.

Study Sessions will generally be held between 1:00 PM - 4:30 PM (Mon-Fri) or evening (pending on interest)

If you're interested, please feel free to leave a message here and we can arrange something.

Usual meeting spots
- (NYC) Coffee shops near 33d station
- (NYC) Coffee shops near world trade centre
- (NJ) I have a very nice quiet lounge in my building we could use (right on top of path station)

Right now, i'm studying on my own, but if someone is interested in joining in, it would be awesome. !

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

SVP
SVP
B

Kudos [?]: 550 [0], given: 23

Re: NYC/NJ Study Group GMAT [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2016, 07:18
Hi MichaelJChan,

Seems like you are starting on your GMAT prep. Looking for a partner is a good way to keep yourself motivated.
Keep the following things in mind during you preparation:

1. Understand the concepts and fundamentals before jumping into problem solving
2. Solve full length CATs including AWA and IR. You can get two free GMAT Prep mock CATs and can purchase 4 more from mba.com
3. Make sure you solve the official questions from the Official Guide
4. Make sure you follow a preparatory course. It may be a book, online course or tutoring. But make sure that you go through the concepts first
5. You need 3 - 4 months to prepare for the GMAT.

Kudos [?]: 550 [0], given: 23

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2016, 13:06
Hi everyone,

I am currently preparing for the exam as well. I work in midtown (Park and 47th) and usually I am out after 6.30 PM. I am willing to meet every weeknight if anyone is up for it.

If anyone is interested please reply.

Thanks

Posted from my mobile device

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 Apr 2016, 22:19
Hey there,
How are u? I am very interested in studying for the GMAT. I am going for 700+ and trying to take it in the next 3 to 4 months. I am planning on applying for business school around the same time for next fall. I need motivation really to get a study routine. I really appreciate you for posting here looking for study partners.

Posted from my mobile device

Intern
Intern

WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 03 May 2016, 07:16
I am looking for GMAT study mates. I am based out of Phili. But can come on weekends to NJ/NY. I plan to give it on Sep016 and push to break the barrier of 700. PM me if you guys are starting this week.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 559

WE: Web Development (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 20 Jun 2016, 06:47
Hi everyone,

I am from North NJ and I am looking for study mates as well. It would be good to get in touch with like-minded folks. I started preparation a month ago and I am planning to appear for the test in Aug/Sep 16. I can meet up during weekends. Would love to hear from you guys.

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 559

Re: NYC/NJ Study Group GMAT   [#permalink] 20 Jun 2016, 06:47

NYC/NJ Study Group GMAT

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: adkikani

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap