Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 11:54 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 11:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]
asharc wrote:
Has anybody heard anything yet? I was looking at earlier threads and it looks like a few people heard within a week of the deadline. Waiting sucks.

I know how you feel!
My expectation is that we'll get a few GMAT clubers in next week for certain, but maybe also 1 or 2 this week. I have a funny feeling that no one has been admitted just yet.

But in about a month, things will really be rolling...

By the way, any re-apps here who have improved their profile substantially since last applying? You guys tend to (but not always) hear first.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hi,

If you get a decision early (like late May - early June), is it usually an admit? It seems to me from previous posts that people who get dinged or waitlisted tend to get their decisions later.

Thanks and good luck to all!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 332 [0]
Send PM
nyu08 wrote:
Hi,

If you get a decision early (like late May - early June), is it usually an admit? It seems to me from previous posts that people who get dinged or waitlisted tend to get their decisions later.

Thanks and good luck to all!

I've noticed that as well. The dings seem to come all in one swoop a bit later. So at the least you won't be dinged alone.

Come to think of it, it'd be pretty insulting to ding someone 3 days after you review his/her application.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
That's very true. It would be cruel to ding someone that early. What about waitlist -- do people get waitlisted early (late May - early June)? It seems that decisions don't come in the order they receive applications -- they probably send out "yes" first, then "waitlist", then "no" last, but what do I know? It's almost impossible trying to figure out the NYU admit process.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
If I got dinged, I'd much rather it be after at least a few weeks. I'd hate to think that they saw my application and rejected it within 5 mins.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
asharc wrote:
If I got dinged, I'd much rather it be after at least a few weeks. I'd hate to think that they saw my application and rejected it within 5 mins.

Yes. Fortunately, I think they are well aware of this. I'm sure there are some automatic '5 minute' dings, but the school will never ding you right away. That'd be too cruel and they want your $250 to last a while.

Or maybe they're just lazy.

Who knows?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I found out from the NYU langone thread in the businessweek forum that someone has been accepted already! GMAT 720 with a high GPA.
I guess applicants with a strong profile like these find out the earliest.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
submitted App on 09 Apr. Last recommendation submitted 30 Apr. Received Status PW on 07May.

GMAT 690
GPA 3.36
doctorate
5 yr WE

Chances?
:?:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
I still haven't received my status check pw and I'm starting to get nervous. I submitted my application on the 15th May.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bozo190101 wrote:
I still haven't received my status check pw and I'm starting to get nervous. I submitted my application on the 15th May.

Same here. Oy.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Does anyone know what the background check entails? I'm only asking because I realize there is a slight discrepancy regarding my current annual salary figure in my app, since I'm paid hourly as an independent contractor (or freelance), and started the job in mid-year of 2007 (however, I did put my hourly rate in the employment history form so that is accurate). Should I be worried about this (if I get in, that is)?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
it's the end of the week folks... any updates?? looks like this is going to take a while... :shock:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Nothing on my end....I don't think anyone has gotten an admit yet - I have a feeling next week, some people will start to hear.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
:? No word yet
Intern
Intern
 Q47  V41
Send PM
nyu08 - in my wholly unprofessional opinion, i think that you are ok. i think that it makes sense to annualize the income you are making now, espec since you disclosed the hourly rate, dates in your employment history.

nyu08 wrote:
Does anyone know what the background check entails? I'm only asking because I realize there is a slight discrepancy regarding my current annual salary figure in my app, since I'm paid hourly as an independent contractor (or freelance), and started the job in mid-year of 2007 (however, I did put my hourly rate in the employment history form so that is accurate). Should I be worried about this (if I get in, that is)?

everyone else - no news here from adcom. i'm feeling surprisingly laid back for now... once other people start getting their notices i think the spazzing will begin!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
Looking back to fall 2006, the first bunch was admitted on the 30th of May, which was a Tuesday. Tuesday is a historically popular day for notifications. For us, the 30th falls on a Friday, and so our first batch may just get pushed back a week.

Based on this, my guess is that we’ll see 3 or 4 of us get admits next Tuesday and maybe a few more later in the week.

I’m pretty confident in believing that there have been extremely few, but more likely no, admits so far. Between this board and business week one, I am guessing there are about 50 – 60 applicants who will report on acceptances, which is about 5% of the total fall applicant pool. That gives us a pretty meaningful sample of Stern’s activities.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Tenore wrote:
Looking back to fall 2006, the first bunch was admitted on the 30th of May, which was a Tuesday. Tuesday is a historically popular day for notifications. For us, the 30th falls on a Friday, and so our first batch may just get pushed back a week.

Based on this, my guess is that we’ll see 3 or 4 of us get admits next Tuesday and maybe a few more later in the week.

I’m pretty confident in believing that there have been extremely few, but more likely no, admits so far. Between this board and business week one, I am guessing there are about 50 – 60 applicants who will report on acceptances, which is about 5% of the total fall applicant pool. That gives us a pretty meaningful sample of Stern’s activities.

Yup. I'd agree that there haven't been any admits yet. For those of you unfamiliar w/ BW forums, it's filled with liars who will make false statements just to get you riled up.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  60