Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 12:30 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 12:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]
Latest count: 295

Good luck to everyone who is waiting to hear!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
just wondering, anyone know the number of applicants for the fall semester or in past semesters?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
Wow congratulations to all of you who got accepts today. Awesome news.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
So I've been a silent observer on these boards for a while as well. I figured since I've read them quite a bit, I might as well lob in a post.

Top GMAT: 650 (Q - 53% V - 95%)
Undergrad: 3.0 (Ivy) Started as pre-med, got creamed early, changed majors and then had a nice progression upwards.
JD: 2.9 - Again started off slow, and finished up strong.
WE: 5 years post JD
Career Progression: Strong, won some major cases that were in the paper, recently hired to do work on the crane collapes etc. Nice salary bumps.

My biggest weakness is my lack of finance / business background. I tried to convey that I want the degree to really make me a well rounded employee. Ideally like to move to role as GC then into COO / CEO type role.

Applied in May, but retook GMAT a few times (590,620,650) so I'm just complete now.

I figure 30/60 (that was a joke) ...

Any thoughts?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I`m also still waiting (I submitted my application in March)
Applied for weekend option 1st choice/ weeknights 2nd
GMAT:640 (47Q, 31V, 5.5 AWA)
GPA:3.76
Female, 27
3yr IB experience, decent career progress
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hello,

i have been a silent observer of this forum for about 2 weeks. i wish i had discovered the forum earlier.

i was dinged yesterday. given my profile, i was, like my sign-in says, ambivalent about my chances of getting in after i saw some of your profiles. yesterday was the moment of truth for me. like someone mentioned earlier in the thread i was probably one of the 'fringe' candidates. anyhow, i am glad that my profile made other borderline candidates look better. so nothing was in vain. (just trying to put a positive spin on things). :lol:

following is my profile. also, i'd highly appreciate if anyone could provide some feedback on whether i should even bother for spring 2009. or perhaps i should simply look at Fordham instead. thanks in advance.

32 year old (non-indian) south asian male ( perhaps my app got lumped with other "M-I-Ts" and stood weak comparatively)
GMAT 630
GPA 2.7 - mathematics major, top 100 private university
6 years trading exp.
1 year independent consultant (entrepreneur) in developing financial analytics for hedge funds.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
ambivalent wrote:
hello,

i have been a silent observer of this forum for about 2 weeks. i wish i had discovered the forum earlier.

i was dinged yesterday. given my profile, i was, like my sign-in says, ambivalent about my chances of getting in after i saw some of your profiles. yesterday was the moment of truth for me. like someone mentioned earlier in the thread i was probably one of the 'fringe' candidates. anyhow, i am glad that my profile made other borderline candidates look better. so nothing was in vain. (just trying to put a positive spin on things). :lol:

following is my profile. also, i'd highly appreciate if anyone could provide some feedback on whether i should even bother for spring 2009. or perhaps i should simply look at Fordham instead. thanks in advance.

32 year old (non-indian) south asian male ( perhaps my app got lumped with other "M-I-Ts" and stood weak comparatively)
GMAT 630
6 years trading exp.
1 year independent consultant (entrepreneur) in developing financial analytics for hedge funds.

Fordham and Baruch have great programs, and you’d probably get into both very easily. Uconn and Rutgers also have good part time programs (and ranked full time programs).

As for NYU, to increase your competitiveness, you’d probably want to do better on the GMAT to compensate for your GPA.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Ambivalent, sorry to hear about your ding. The chances of Stern grouping you along with other M-I-T's is very less given that you belong to a different nationality.

Nevertheless, even for a M-I-T, your profile is unique, what with your trading + financial analytics exp. I would strongly encourage you to apply for Spring '09. From your profile, it looks like your relatively low GPA and GMAT are the primary reasons for your ding. I would suggest give your GMAT again, put in enough efforts to get it closer to or past 700. If you think your essays were not convincing enough, do work on them as well. They should convey a clearly thought out career plan and how the Stern MBA would help you achieve that, leveraging your past experience.

Finally, there's no reason to lose heart. If you read through these forums, you will see ppl getting re-admitted after working on their weak spots. Good luck on your Spring '09 app!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
same here. Weekend option, waiting...

brewsterthecat wrote:
Female, 27
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Weekend option here as my 1st choice as well. Weeknights was 2nd choice.
Still waiting, Lets hope good news comes next week.

Good luck to all.

Congrats to all the admits so far.

welldone2008 wrote:
same here. Weekend option, waiting...

brewsterthecat wrote:
Female, 27
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Thank you for sharing info with us.

I would think your weaknesses are age, GMAT, GPA. Although I am 36yrs old, I think 32 yrs old is a little over but not old enough. (sorry I think my age is old enought so unique. kidding..). Anyway, you can't change it. The only thing you can change is your GMAT. If you get higher scores, the negativity of low GPA will be disregarded. Btw, I don't think the Southasian nationality has a bad effect.

ambivalent wrote:
hello,

GMAT 630
6 years trading exp.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
what's the number up to?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Slammer wrote:
Just got accepted and can't believe it. I've been following this thread and didn't think I had a shot with the profile's I've seen. For those of you waiting with less than perfect profiles, take solace in the fact I got in with the below:

Reapplicant
28- WM
650 GMAT (took it twice, first 580)
2.9 GPA from a state school in Finance (ranked in the lower 500's)
6 year Work experience (5 in Mortgage Sales, 1 in Financial Services- non manager)

Good luck to those that haven't heard and I look forward to meeting those that are in.

Congrats man!! You are definitely giving me hope! You got PM by the way.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
SternPT wrote:
I too have been reading this forum for a while and I received the good news today, as well. For those still waiting, be confident that your time will come soon.

My stats:

34 year old WM
640 GMAT
2.8 GPA from a top liberal arts college
12 years of work experience in real estate

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting!

Great news again!! Wow, I'm so encouraged with the slammer, and SternPT getting admitted. I guess they are done with high GMAT/GPA candidates, and have moved on to the lower ones as well.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ambivalent wrote:
hello,

GMAT 630
6 years trading exp.

Based on profiles of most recently accpeted students, I would say you definitely have a chance. But you probably would want to have your GMAT above 700, and also write some kick ass essays and get good recommendations as well.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
anybody has heard back from kroll?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have not heard from kroll either. I hope they will notify us soon.

I have already registered for the classes. Where can i find the health form that we have to submit?

Also, we should arrange happy hour before the preterm weekend? It woudl be nice to start meeting the people that will be our "best friends" for the next ocuple of years. Anybody up for it?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  32   33   34   35   36   37   38  ...  60