Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:16 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Tags:
Difficulty: Sub 505 Levelx   Idioms/Diction/Redundancyx                  
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1164 [19]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3
WE:Consulting (Insurance)
Send PM
Most Helpful Reply
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 42104 [10]
Given Kudos: 422
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Manhattan Prep Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 7775 [5]
Given Kudos: 55
GMAT 2: 780  Q50  V50
Send PM
General Discussion
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [3]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Of all the possible disasters that threaten American agriculture, the [#permalink]
Kudos
Bookmarks
"the' in "is maybe the more difficult for analysis" indicates that we need a superlative there. So "A" & "D" are out.

may be is not the term to say some thing with some degree of certainty. So "C" and "E" are out.

So the right answer is "B"
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 328 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE:Project Management (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Re: Of all the possible disasters that threaten American agriculture, the [#permalink]
Sir daagh

Can you touch base on more & most for these 2 options keeping in mind the probability? Also in general sentences.

(B) is probably the most difficult to analyze
(D) is probably the more difficult to analyze
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 42104 [2]
Given Kudos: 422
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
The word ‘all’ refers to more than two and several in general; if there are only two factors involved then we must call them as ‘both’ rather than 'all'.
Point 2 is that, ‘more’ is used only when two factors are involved. ‘The most' is used when more than two are involved. I do not think the adverb ‘probably’ plays a role in choosing between ‘the more’ and ‘the most’.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 608 [0]
Given Kudos: 1348
Send PM
vanidhar wrote:
Of all the possible disasters that threaten American agriculture, the possibility of an adverse change in climate is maybe the more difficult for analysis.

(A) is maybe the more difficult for analysis
(B) is probably the most difficult to analyze
(C) is maybe the most difficult for analysis
(D) is probably the more difficult to analyze
(E) is, it may be, the analysis that is most difficult

Hello DmitryFarber,
Is C option wrong because of "For analysis" ? Can you please suggest- except "FOR ANALYSIS" is there any other difference between B and C
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 270
Send PM
tov/for ving
101.3 the most difficult to

tov/for ving
Under a provision of the Constitution that was never applied, Congress has been required to call a convention for considering possible amendments to the document when formally asked to do it by the legislatures of two-thirds of the states.

(A) was never applied, Congress has been required to call a convention for considering possible amendments to the document when formally asked to do it

(B) was never applied, there has been a requirement that Congress call a convention for consideration of possible amendments to the document when asked to do it formally

(C) was never applied, whereby Congress is required to call a convention for considering possible amendments to the document when asked to do it formally

(D) has never been applied, whereby Congress is required to call a convention to consider possible amendments to the document when formally asked to do so

(E) has never been applied, Congress is required to call a convention to consider possible amendments to the document when formally asked to do so
Non-Human User
Own Kudos [?]: 848 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello from the GMAT Club VerbalBot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts