Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 10:02 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 198 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
banerjeea_98 - do you have the 11th edition?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I just got the three books last night and perused through them for about half an hour. Some of the questions overlap from the paper tests the GMAC sells on the mba.com site. In addition, there is also a diagnostic test provided for each section on the beginning of the comprehensive OG book. So it provides you with a specific test for just the SC, CR, DS, PS, and RC sections. Then based on how many you answer correctly per test, it gives you a table to determine whether you did "excellent", "above-average", and so on and so forth.

The explanations to the answer choices seem to be clearer than the 10th edition. There are also "myth busters" in parts of the book to derail any common misperceptions about the GMAT. The one that caught my eye was the fact that the first 10 questions aren't as important as people make it out to be.

Just based on my very little exposure to this book, I feel that the OG 10 and OG 11 and its supplements would probably suffice as sole sources for a good overall GMAT review. Of course keep in mind though that neither of these books really provide you with tactics on how to tackle the test. They just provide you with practice questions and answers. I am using GMAX online and will probably try to use this 11th edition as my primary source for review for my test in October. I've been through the 10th edition already (not a first time test taker).

I'll keep you posted on how I fare.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Great! So you don't have any regrets on the purchase? Is the diagnostic test on CD or paper?

Thanks for the feedback!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
As of now, I think it's a good purchase. I have yet to see how hard most of the questions are though. If the quant sections don't provide somewhat more difficult questions than the 10th edition, I will be dissapointed. I'm hoping to find more combination/permutation questions questions as well.

The diagnostic test is on paper. I think they will be releasing a GMATPREP (to replace the Powerprep) diagnostic software on CD. But I've yet to see anything about it on the mba.com site.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I was wrong. There is something on the website on GMATPREP.

https://www.mba.com/mba/TaketheGMAT/Limi ... ftware.htm

I've never used or seen this so I can't say much about it just yet.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks for the heads up!

Regarding permutation & combinations, I use the following site when I'm at work for some extra practice:
https://www.ascenteducation.com/india-mb ... tion.shtml

It's so hard to find solid P&C questions.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
hey guys im thinking bout buying the 11th new edition, i already have the 10th do they duplicate the questions or portion there of, or not? also is the new gmatprep different than the old powerprep?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
From what I've read online, there appears to be no overlap between v10 and v11. I downloaded the new GMATPrep software last night and it looks totally different (format wise) with new questions; or at least off my memory, the questions don't appear to be replicas from PowerPrep.

I'm trying to debate whether v11 is worth it for my last 2 months. I still haven't finished v10 yet. In this case, is more the merrier? Any ideas?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
thanks for the input i'll probably buy it in a few days and post a review comparison between the 10th and the 11th
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
ValleyBall1 - I personally think that purchasing the 11th edition depends on how far into the 10th edition and the paper tests you are. The 10th edition is a tried and tested book and a lot of reviews on it have been published so you know what you are getting. I would use the 11th edition as an aggregate for now. JMHO.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Does anyone know where to get the V11 OG? mba.com seem to be out of stock.

any other online bookstores? I have already checked amazon.com and they don't seem to have it.

thanks!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Give it a try today - I just tried and it looks like they're back in stock!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Do any other bookstores or online bookstores carry OG Ver11 at this point? Is MBA.com the only ones that sells it?

The reason is that I live in Toronto, and got my OG ver10 at a local college bookstore, and the price was alot less than MBA.com's retail price + shipping + custom fees...

just trying to save a few bucks...

thanks for the info
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I believe MBA.com is the only site that sells the new version currently. That will probably change in a couple months.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
OG 11th ed. [#permalink]
I recently bought the 11th edition of the OG, and so far, I have found that there is a lot of overlap between the 10th and the 11th editions, especially in the quant. section. Does anybody have any comments on the new GMAC quant and verbal books? Is there overlap in those books aswell?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi,

Need the 11th edition, but it seems to be out of stock everywhere - bookstores/ mba.com, ebay ....

I am mumbai, India, can be anybody help me in sourcing this book. Need it urgently.

Cheerio,
Priti
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Many duplicated questıons [#permalink]
Yes that was a frustration for me to see the duplications in both sections of those two books. I have talked with gmac guys and they said there are even more duplications between the supplementary books and the official guide 10th edition.
GMAT Club Bot
Many duplicated questıons [#permalink]
 1   2   3