Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:05 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 242 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
 Q48  V34
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 699 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
[#permalink]
alimad: SC is tough for me too, and I can only imagine what it's like for a non-native speaker. I would say do ALL of the OG11, OG Verbal REview, Manhattan SC, SC1000, and get the "Elements of Style" and search some other threads in this forum. There are some good books that a beginner in grammar can read to build up their grammar skills. Make sure you do ALL the problems and UNDERSTAND why you got something right or wrong. I know this will be very time consuming, but if you really want to make it better, you gotta spend the time with it. That's how Verbal works.

trahul: I think momentum is key, and attitude. I was dejected at the end of my GMATPrep2, with a 710 score. But over the next few days I built momentum again with getting 80-90% hit rate with OG11 and Verbal Review questions, as well as just telling myself "I know I can get 700+, and that's GOOD ENOUGH for me" to take the pressure off. I went in with a very positive attitude, LOTS of sleep, and a very relaxed mind. Taking the test to me was like playing a trivia game, with me wanting to see the next question and see if I can solve it. Try to build momentum and put your mind in a positive state and you should do great! I'm SURE of it!

adc: Yum... laksa ;)

FP: I completely and utterly HATED the PR Verbal. I did the CAT once and thought the answers were gibberish and illogical. Thus if you're doing well in Kaplan SC, do the Manhattan SC book. If you did that, did you do all the OG11 and Verbal Review hard 2/3 (yes, two-thirds) of the book? Do you understand why you made the mistakes you did?

DON'T feel bad about your score on PR. I know how you feel, and that is EXACTLY how I felt after taking the PR CAT. I felt so bad I took the MGMAT CAT right after (horrible mistake) and felt even worse. Good thing that was about 2 weeks before D Day, so you're in exactly the same situation. I highly recommend you do OG SC and at most some Manhattan SC online (they give you 25 free questions online). Do the MGMAT CAT a few times, without timer if you want, just to do as many SC problems as you can. Don't take it as a test within 5 days of your test though. Just do problems and understand them. PR means nothing, and you are much better than your PR hit rate! Believe in that! (I got a V33 on PR CAT, and V41 on GMAT, proof that PR Verbal sucks!)

I hope that helps your mood, FP! Good luck!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
[#permalink]
Now I really feel like retaking the GMAT AGAIN!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
kryzak wrote:
alimad: SC is tough for me too, and I can only imagine what it's like for a non-native speaker. I would say do ALL of the OG11, OG Verbal REview, Manhattan SC, SC1000, and get the "Elements of Style" and search some other threads in this forum. There are some good books that a beginner in grammar can read to build up their grammar skills. Make sure you do ALL the problems and UNDERSTAND why you got something right or wrong. I know this will be very time consuming, but if you really want to make it better, you gotta spend the time with it. That's how Verbal works.

trahul: I think momentum is key, and attitude. I was dejected at the end of my GMATPrep2, with a 710 score. But over the next few days I built momentum again with getting 80-90% hit rate with OG11 and Verbal Review questions, as well as just telling myself "I know I can get 700+, and that's GOOD ENOUGH for me" to take the pressure off. I went in with a very positive attitude, LOTS of sleep, and a very relaxed mind. Taking the test to me was like playing a trivia game, with me wanting to see the next question and see if I can solve it. Try to build momentum and put your mind in a positive state and you should do great! I'm SURE of it!

adc: Yum... laksa ;)

FP: I completely and utterly HATED the PR Verbal. I did the CAT once and thought the answers were gibberish and illogical. Thus if you're doing well in Kaplan SC, do the Manhattan SC book. If you did that, did you do all the OG11 and Verbal Review hard 2/3 (yes, two-thirds) of the book? Do you understand why you made the mistakes you did?

DON'T feel bad about your score on PR. I know how you feel, and that is EXACTLY how I felt after taking the PR CAT. I felt so bad I took the MGMAT CAT right after (horrible mistake) and felt even worse. Good thing that was about 2 weeks before D Day, so you're in exactly the same situation. I highly recommend you do OG SC and at most some Manhattan SC online (they give you 25 free questions online). Do the MGMAT CAT a few times, without timer if you want, just to do as many SC problems as you can. Don't take it as a test within 5 days of your test though. Just do problems and understand them. PR means nothing, and you are much better than your PR hit rate! Believe in that! (I got a V33 on PR CAT, and V41 on GMAT, proof that PR Verbal sucks!)

I hope that helps your mood, FP! Good luck!

Thanks man...but once again....dont have MGMAT CATs and to top it Down with viral for last 3 days :cry: :cry: :( :( ....

but i will continue with the other points you mentioned.... i def think...OG is what will define me in the exam.... i am gng to revise it at least 3 times b4 i go into the d-day... i have Manhattan SC so gng to revise it too.... I will get through this ... i know i can..

Thanks a ton Kryzak....

FP
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
FP, if you have Manhattan SC, then you can log into Manhattan GMAT and get 6 free CATs and 25 free SC questions. Look on the front page or somewhere around there for instructions. =)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats !! Very Inspiring debrief...

I am planning to take GMAT in a month. I don't have Manhatten Verbal. Is there an electronic version of the book available online for sale?

Hope to see you in admissions forums soon.....

Cheers.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
I don't think there's an electronic version... you can probably get Amazon to ship it to you very quickly.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats! I had the same score six months ago. 760 is wonderful.

Good luck with your essays. I expect to see you at Berkeley next year :-)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
thanks drucker! It would be pretty awesome if a bunch of us GMATClubbers all get into Haas and meet up!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
 Q50  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
kryzak wrote:
thanks drucker! It would be pretty awesome if a bunch of us GMATClubbers all get into Haas and meet up!

That would be cool. The Haas musketeers. I don't look good in tights though.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
LOL, me neither. =)
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 5012 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
[#permalink]
Do you have Quant notes? Specifically in number properties?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
the number properties was a Veritas handout that my friend lent me. I returned it to him unfortunately. I heard the Manhattan Number Properties is also good...
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
Just got my AWA score, 6.0! I'm really surprised since I thought I completely bombed the Analysis of an Issue essay... strange! I guess they grade very leniently?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 134 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
kryzak wrote:
Just got my AWA score, 6.0! I'm really surprised since I thought I completely bombed the Analysis of an Issue essay... strange! I guess they grade very leniently?

Argh! Bite your tongue! I got a 4.5 on the AWA. Either they do correct strictly or I am a hopelessly bad writer. I'd like to believe the former :-)

Originally posted by kripalkavi on 09 Aug 2007, 19:44.
Last edited by kripalkavi on 09 Aug 2007, 19:46, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q48  V34
Send PM
[#permalink]
Well kryzak, it was your day all the way !

Cheers.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
kripalkavi, are you a native English speaker? That could be why the scores were different? Most of the people I knew who took it who are native speakers got a 6.0.

trahul, when is your test again? are you ready?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q48  V34
Send PM
[#permalink]
kryzak,

mine is on 8/20. Im ready but you know i get this feeling that i have not practiced enough. My practice scores are ranging from 680-720 off late and i believe if i dont screw my quant ( if i get above 48) i should get round about 700.
I thought of rescheduling to mid sept, but later decided to go on with test now. Let me see how will i do. Wish me luck.
By the way, your's and lanter's performance has really increased my confidence level.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2   3   4   
Moderator:
Founder
37309 posts