Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:55 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 459 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
Schools: HBS '14 (A)
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V47
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Given Kudos:
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
WE:Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Re: On Cloud 770 (Q 50, V 47) [#permalink]
Fantastic effort...many congratulations and thanks for the advice!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Congrats
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1371 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Quote:
Do all GMAT Club Tests, and repeat them.

Congrats. Absolutely agree with you on this. Btw, were you able to finish off these test on time? I am having difficulty finishing them on time because few questions in them are really tricky where i spent like 4 mins.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 117 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Send PM
Thanks a lot for your clarification vivesomnium and your advice too.
Will definitely give GMAT Club tests.
All the best for your application process.
Current Student
Affiliations: Beta Gamma Sigma - Business Honors Society, FINRA Securities Licenses, CA Insurance Licenses
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.47
WE:Sales (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Thanks for tips and verbal attachment. Congrats!! Ill check out Ron Thursdays now :)

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Congrattss vivesomnium and thanks a ton for your Verbal.zip notes. Can you kindly also share your Quant notes? Wish you all the very best for the app!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Send PM
Only one word.... Demolished :)

BR
Mandeep
Manager
Manager
Send PM
jamifahad wrote:
Quote:
Do all GMAT Club Tests, and repeat them.

Congrats. Absolutely agree with you on this. Btw, were you able to finish off these test on time? I am having difficulty finishing them on time because few questions in them are really tricky where i spent like 4 mins.

Thanks for your wishes :)
For the ones I took, yes, marginally within time. Though, dont worry too much about timing and score on these tests - how I think they helped me was making me realise where I was slipping and getting questions wrong. (assuming numbers to be integers etc.)

I did, in general, worked on my quant timing though..In real GMAT, in most cases, you cannot spare 4 mins for a single question. I made it mandatory for myself to move on after spending a considerable time( tried to keep it wihin 3 minutes even if i knew that i had answered some previous ones real fast) Those 75 mins of quant was the fastest time had ever flown for me :)
Current Student
Affiliations: Beta Gamma Sigma - Business Honors Society, FINRA Securities Licenses, CA Insurance Licenses
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.47
WE:Sales (Retail Banking)
Send PM
thanks and good job!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 461 [0]
Given Kudos: 124
GMAT 1: 590 Q48 V24
Send PM
Congratulations and keep us posted on your application status.....
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: RHCE , CCNA, MCSE and Now GMAT ;)
Own Kudos [?]: 286 [0]
WE:Operations (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Hey Hi,

congrats on the awesome score !

I especially Liked your RC Verbal Notes. Any suggestions on that for me please ? You seem to have taken GMat Rc Pill ? Did it help ? Also what was the source for your RC notes or i mean where did you summarize it from ?

Awesome RC Notes i have ever seen till date !
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hoogly wrote:
Hey Hi,

I especially Liked your RC Verbal Notes. Any suggestions on that for me please ? You seem to have taken GMat Rc Pill ? Did it help ? Also what was the source for your RC notes or i mean where did you summarize it from ?

Hey..thanks for the wishes :) And very glad that you found the RC notes helpful..
I didn't take GMAT RC Pill.. The notes are mainly a compilaton from Manhattan RC Strategy Guide, and Powerscore LSAT RC Guide.. The LSAT RC guide has very good practice passages too..
RC is really about finding what works best for you- for me that was thorough reading, without trying to remember any specifics, and then re-looking at the passage with questions..but it might be different for you..try different approaches and see what works the best for you. Practice as many passages as you can..and when you run out of official sources, do LSAT passages.. and review to see how you got trapped in the ones you got wrong..
let me know if i can help you further in anyway :) Good luck..
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: RHCE , CCNA, MCSE and Now GMAT ;)
Own Kudos [?]: 286 [0]
WE:Operations (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
vivesomnium wrote:
hoogly wrote:
Hey Hi,

Hey..thanks for the wishes :) And very glad that you found the RC notes helpful..
I didn't take GMAT RC Pill.. The notes are mainly a compilaton from Manhattan RC Strategy Guide, and Powerscore LSAT RC Guide.. The LSAT RC guide has very good practice passages too..
RC is really about finding what works best for you- for me that was thorough reading, without trying to remember any specifics, and then re-looking at the passage with questions..but it might be different for you..try different approaches and see what works the best for you. Practice as many passages as you can..and when you run out of official sources, do LSAT passages.. and review to see how you got trapped in the ones you got wrong..
let me know if i can help you further in anyway :) Good luck..

Hey nice and much thanks for the quick reply .
Could you please elaborate more on viewpoints and how do we identify them ? I saw some Images in your RC Notes and thought you might have taken GMAT RC Pill ? Are they from " Thursdays with Ron " videos ?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 628 [0]
Given Kudos: 192
Send PM
Hi vivesomnium,

You have mentioned that your SC was not in the best shape after finishing Manhattan SC. Could you mention what all sources you practised to improve after that. You have already mentioned Manhattan Forum/Ron Videos ? Anything else.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 51
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Great debrief and a awesome score.Congratulations!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
AbhiJ wrote:
Hi vivesomnium,

You have mentioned that your SC was not in the best shape after finishing Manhattan SC. Could you mention what all sources you practised to improve after that. You have already mentioned Manhattan Forum/Ron Videos ? Anything else.

That should be enough actually :) But one source, which i wish i could use more thoroughly, considering how helpful it was in my limited usage- was GMAT Prep complete list of all SC questions available on this site, and reading the explanations for those in MGMAT forum( esp those of the instructors) There is a lot to learn from that, which is not covered in even mgmat guide. And you are doing actual GMAT questions.

Beyond that, I think it's more about practice and application of rules learnt.. If you have any specific concern I can further try help with, pls do post back..
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 628 [0]
Given Kudos: 192
Send PM
vivesomnium wrote:
AbhiJ wrote:
Hi vivesomnium,

That should be enough actually :) But one source, which i wish i could use more thoroughly, considering how helpful it was in my limited usage- was GMAT Prep complete list of all SC questions available on this site, and reading the explanations for those in MGMAT forum( esp those of the instructors) There is a lot to learn from that, which is not covered in even mgmat guide. And you are doing actual GMAT questions.

Beyond that, I think it's more about practice and application of rules learnt.. If you have any specific concern I can further try help with, pls do post back..

Thanks man, that perfectly answers my question. I have a tendency to think that there is a magic source that no one else knows and if can get a hand on that, my scores will rocket :).
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   
Moderator:
Founder
37309 posts