Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 06:50 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1551 [2]
Given Kudos: 342
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.93
WE:Account Management (Education)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 485 [1]
Given Kudos: 839
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72879 [1]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
On-Demand Course Suggestion [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi and welcome to GMAT Club!

There is a pretty wide variety of courses. We have quite a few reviews of them: https://gmatclub.com/reviews

I would say Magoosh is a more intensive course so it doesn’t have as extensive of the curriculum and rather focus is on getting you to score faster which maximizes your ROI of time and money but not score.

The most exhaustive courses tend to be TTP, empowerGMAT, and Manhattan GMAT. Egmat is also great for non-native test takers.

A lot of these courses are on a monthly basis and fairly inexpensive but you should plan to spend about 3 to 4 months studying. Do not drag it out beyond that. The only other thing you will need is a copy of the official guide. Probably the main book as well as the quant and verbal supplements.

I would warn you against using multiple courses at the same time. You probably don’t watch to TV shows at the same time or rides two bicycles at the same time. You also probably don’t buy a blue and the red jacket because the red jacket is probably not warm enough by itself so you need to get the exactly same red jacket and we have two of them? The whole assumption that one course is not enough is a really bad assumption. That’s a setup up for a failure because you assume that you’ll fail. Each of those courses is exhaustive each of them can be used to get a very high score and there’s no reason you need more than one. That’s a very dangerous thinking that makes you move fast through things, skip hard parts and just jump around. I don’t recommend using 2 courses at the same time.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: On-Demand Course Suggestion [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi SaturnGMAT999,

Since it sounds like you're just beginning your studies, then it would be a good idea to take a FULL-LENGTH practice CAT Test; you can access 2 for free at www.mba.com (and they come with some additional practice materials). If you want to do a little studying first, so that you can familiarize yourself with the basic content and question types, then that's okay - but you shouldn't wait too long to take that initial CAT. That score will give us a good sense of your natural strengths and weaknesses and will help provide a basis for comparison as you continue to study. A FULL CAT takes about 3.5 hours to complete, so make sure that you've set aside enough time to take it in one sitting. Once you have that Score, you should report back here and we can come up with a study plan.

I'd like to know a bit more about your timeline and goals:
1) What is your goal score?
2) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
3) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
GMATWhiz Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 1800 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V40
Send PM
Expert Reply
SaturnGMAT999 wrote:
I'm just embarking on my studies. However, I have two related questions that I would appreciate insight on.

From my research, I have decided that an On-Demand style course will suit my needs the best. However, I am not sure which to use. Magoosh seems to be the most popular. However, if Manhattan Prep's or any other On-Demand service is better, I am willing to purchase that. Ideally, I choose the one that has the most advanced and thorough coverage.

Also, what other resources do I need assuming I am as thorough as possible with my studies? I imagine one course is not enough. What other books/resources complement an On-Demand course?

Thank you in advance.

Hi ! Happy to hear that you're starting your GMAT journey ! It's very good if you have an understanding of what works best for you. The best approach to getting a 700+ GMAT score is to learn the concepts, learn the correct methodologies of solving each question type and then focus on practicing questions. Ideally, you should get a course that provides this approach. A good way to explore could be checking out the free trials offered by various prep courses. You could start here ->

GMATWhiz Free Trial

They have an AI powered platform that comes with comprehensive content, real time insights into your performance, and an integrated study plan completely personalized for you.

If you want to get into a more detailed discussion, I'd be happy to do that. You can do that using this link ->

Click here to schedule a call
SaturnGMAT999 wrote:
I'm just embarking on my studies. However, I have two related questions that I would appreciate insight on.

From my research, I have decided that an On-Demand style course will suit my needs the best. However, I am not sure which to use. Magoosh seems to be the most popular. However, if Manhattan Prep's or any other On-Demand service is better, I am willing to purchase that. Ideally, I choose the one that has the most advanced and thorough coverage.

Also, what other resources do I need assuming I am as thorough as possible with my studies? I imagine one course is not enough. What other books/resources complement an On-Demand course?

Thank you in advance.

SaturnGMAT999
for on-demand course, manhattan and veritasprep are best, i guess.
for better study, you MUST study from the 'Thursdays with Ron' videos-they're best materials I have ever seen.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTQlKd ... /playlists

Manhattan Advanced math books look better than other book for quant part!
for RC, try to read from Powerscore RC bible. The best one.
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22051 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi SaturnGMAT999,

As many have suggested here I think TTP would be perfect for you. If you give the trial a shot and have any questions, feel free to reach out to me directly.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: CrackVerbal
Own Kudos [?]: 7626 [0]
Given Kudos: 215
Send PM
Top Contributor
Hi SaturnGMAT999

We are glad to guide you on this.
As a representative of CrackVerbal, we would want to mention the following features of our On-Demand Course.

(1)Topic-wise segregation of Concept Videos packaged across four modules that is Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry with Stats and Counting as our fourth module. You thus have an access to a structured "Comprehensive Course" that shall explain you the concepts with questions and topic-wise videos with questions with detailed solutions from those topics.

(2)A basic course guidance for each of the subtopics to help you have strong fundamentals.

(3) OG 2021 video solutions

(4)An organized study plan to keep you in the momentum and assist you in the preparation.

(5) A diagnostic test to assess your level and a testing platform with multiple tests on different levels to expose you to different levels of test from easy to challenger topic-wise with analysis of your performance. The detailed solutions to the questions are also available.

(6)Access to the faculties for queries/doubts to not only assist you with effective planning but monitor your progress as well.

(7)Weekly Prepathons that will give you a live class exposure with all the students on different OG based questions of the topic discussed in the session that day followed with doubts one on one/voice or chat-box.

So, in a nutshell, we provide Guidance + Basics/Fundamentals + Advanced Comprehensive course equipped with Concepts,Questions and Tests+ Weekly OG based Prepathons + Detailed OG based Tests and Analysis on our Testing Platform + Doubts through chat/voice/mails or a personalized Student Meet with the faculty.

You can also reach out to us for any further query/guidance.

We hope that you prepare your best without leaving any stone unturned and come out with flying colors as a future corporate!

Wishing you the very best :student_man:
CrackVerbal Academics Team
GMAT Club Bot