Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 05:58 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: One month of preparation and v42, q21 score. Sigh!! [#permalink]
Gave my second CAT of veritas and scored 590 with v44, q28... I think i am in starting range of 600 because i didn't gave it with all my potential and made many silly mistakes.
Please suggest me how should I plan my studies from now on.
Thanks

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi joyzubby28,

In your last post, you stated that you began your studies in February (last month), but that you had also done a 3-month study class. Are you currently enrolled in that class? If not, then when did you take that class?

You appear to have given yourself plenty of time to study - which is good. However, a 720 score goal will require that you make some significant improvements to how you handle BOTH the Quant and Verbal sections. That score goal is also above the 90th percentile overall, which means that 90% of Test Takers never score that high (regardless of the number of times that they take the GMAT). The GMAT is a consistent, predictable Exam, so you CAN train to score at a higher level - but trying to approach this process with just "free materials" will likely be too difficult and keep you from your goal.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
No i have completed that course 7-8 months ago. I think i am in range of 600-625 if i give my cat with full dedication. Today i got kaplan study material of around 15gb and OG 2017 verbal pdf from some site. Along with veritas+ Manhattan test series will it be enough?? I don't want to enroll myself in my classroom program. Please suggest some books other than which i am having now.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: None
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 60
GPA: 3.9
WE:Asset Management (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Hello Joyzubby,

it is actually completely enough to me, and I feel like a little investmenet in GMAT club test will definitely help you when you reach the 650 level, also for the cats there is absolutely no need to buy any you can find so many for free. However, I would advise to try to use the same platform or source for the cat! Good luck with your goal i'm sure you can do it
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ross2018 wrote:
Hello Joyzubby,

it is actually completely enough to me, and I feel like a little investmenet in GMAT club test will definitely help you when you reach the 650 level, also for the cats there is absolutely no need to buy any you can find so many for free. However, I would advise to try to use the same platform or source for the cat! Good luck with your goal i'm sure you can do it

Thanks for your reply but i can't get you on what stuff you are telling to invest. On Cat tests or classroom program?? Please give the site names of free cats too.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Math Revolution GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 16596 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi joyzubby28,

No worries!
You can surely improve your score if you study with us.

​You didn't inform the breakdown of Verbal and Quant but ​based on your mock test score​ ​of 530,​ it seems like you lack basic math skills. If you are weak in basic math skills, your PS won’t be good. If your PS isn't good, you will have hard time in forming equations in DS. So, your DS may not be good. Hence, it is very crucial for you to build solid basic math skills first, which you can learn from Math Review, ​a ​part of our course package. After that, we highly recommend learning our approaches.

With our unique approaches of Variable approach for DS and IVY approach for PS, you can significantly save time, and will have 10 minutes to spare on exam. For instance, with our approaches, you can solve questions that normally take 4 minutes in 1 minutes and 30 seconds, and 2-minute question in 30 seconds.
Also, You can solve DS questions 100% with Variable approach and 30-40% of PS questions with IVY approach. As a result, you don't need to worry about your speed, accuracy, or nervousness.

We would like to recommend trying our approaches rather than ​take too much time ​in learning the conventional way. If you take up our online course of All-In-One 51, you get to practise around 2,​4​00 questions ​(total 76 hours) ​including OG. In addition, if you would like to practise only 700+ level question, you can purchase them online, which are greatly helpful for you to hit Q49-51.

If you would like to try our approaches, Please try Trial Pack (4 hour lesson) that reveal our secret approaches of DS+PS core theory that you have never seen. You can test whether you like them or not before you enroll.

Additionally, the below is a useful article featured in GMAT Club for your reference. This will be helpful for you. You can see what sort of questions you might encounter on actual GMAT.

· Most Updated Math Trend : https://gmatclub.com/forum/overview-of-g ... 11809.html

Also, we would like to share the link below.
This is not testimonial but just comments of our students' real voice after they take an exam.
https://gmatclub.com/forum/math-revoluti ... 24118.html
You can also do the same if you study with us!

Come visit our website for further information!
www.mathrevolution.com

Happy Studying!

Jin
Math Revolution
GMAT Club Bot