Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 23:49 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 23:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Schools: ISB'22
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37 (Online)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GPA: 3.25
WE:Marketing (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Re: Online GMAT Issues [#permalink]
karanbce wrote:
Neha3011 reddy10d pabpinor and others? I just gave the online GMAT and had a weird technical issue. I think this post would be best to put this forward as I read some similar experiences here. Kindly let me know if I should do anything about it.

I did the check-in in 5 mins, and the proctor came immediately. He/she asked me for a 360-degree view of the room, then after all that, told me they're giving clearance to proceed to the test. After that, however, the screen just went black. I was thinking the test was probably loading, but nothing happened. I did not know what to do, and so asked the proctor in chat to kindly help. There was no response for a while, and in a minute or so, the software froze (the mouse icon turned into a loading one, and nothing was clickable anymore). I waited for 6-8 mins for it to come back, but it was like really stuck with no sign of coming back. I was hoping I would get a call from the proctor during this time to ask me what went wrong and help me out, but did not receive anything.

So, I switched off the laptop (using the power button), hoping to restart the process again and speak to the proctor (since the questions and the actual test had not started, I thought this was the best approach). As soon as the laptop turned on, thankfully, I saw the first screen of the test (where they ask you to confirm if your name is so and so). It was a little surprising to see that, but I guess my test resumed from the point where it had previously got stuck. I opened the chat (to see if there were any remarks from the proctor) but the chat was exactly the same as before. So, without speaking to the proctor any further, I just continued and started the test. Everything went smoothly after that till I finished.

Do I need to worry about the glitch, or do something, like email them? The video recording would have been broken at the initial point where the laptop was off for a brief 1 minute or so, hence I'm worried. But this happened before the actual test started. I also don't know if the proctor knew this as the chat had no reply to my previous messages of asking help when the screen had frozen. The current status on my mba.com account shows "Delivery Successfully".

Please suggest.

Hey. Sorry to hear about the glitch. Glad it didn't affect your real testing experience!

I got my score in about 2 days after taking the test. If the test shows as successfully delivered I'd probably suggest that you wait a day or two to receive your score.

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Given Kudos: 132
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28 (Online)
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.23
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Hey,
As they mentioned if it went well after that you should not worry much.
I would anyway send an email to pearson vue or gmac about the issue, wait till you get your grade if that mskes you more confortable.

Regards,
Pablo

karanbce wrote:
Neha3011 reddy10d pabpinor and others? I just gave the online GMAT and had a weird technical issue. I think this post would be best to put this forward as I read some similar experiences here. Kindly let me know if I should do anything about it.

I did the check-in in 5 mins, and the proctor came immediately. He/she asked me for a 360-degree view of the room, then after all that, told me they're giving clearance to proceed to the test. After that, however, the screen just went black. I was thinking the test was probably loading, but nothing happened. I did not know what to do, and so asked the proctor in chat to kindly help. There was no response for a while, and in a minute or so, the software froze (the mouse icon turned into a loading one, and nothing was clickable anymore). I waited for 6-8 mins for it to come back, but it was like really stuck with no sign of coming back. I was hoping I would get a call from the proctor during this time to ask me what went wrong and help me out, but did not receive anything.

So, I switched off the laptop (using the power button), hoping to restart the process again and speak to the proctor (since the questions and the actual test had not started, I thought this was the best approach). As soon as the laptop turned on, thankfully, I saw the first screen of the test (where they ask you to confirm if your name is so and so). It was a little surprising to see that, but I guess my test resumed from the point where it had previously got stuck. I opened the chat (to see if there were any remarks from the proctor) but the chat was exactly the same as before. So, without speaking to the proctor any further, I just continued and started the test. Everything went smoothly after that till I finished.

Do I need to worry about the glitch, or do something, like email them? The video recording would have been broken at the initial point where the laptop was off for a brief 1 minute or so, hence I'm worried. But this happened before the actual test started. I also don't know if the proctor knew this as the chat had no reply to my previous messages of asking help when the screen had frozen. The current status on my mba.com account shows "Delivery Successfully".

Please suggest.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
jprac you cannot do much. Write an email to customer service. They will take 7-10 days to respond.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
I started my exam. Completed the quants and verbal section. While moving on to verbal, there was an technical issue and ultimately my exam was revoked. The proctor gave me a case id and asked me to connect to their customer care. What are the steps ahead? How do I inform the GMAC about this. Will I be able to take the test again? Any idea?

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Given Kudos: 82
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V31
WE:Information Technology (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
I had my exam scheduled today @ 9.15 am 31st August.

I've logged into my Computer at 9 am for the check-in process. After uploading photos of myself, Photo ID, and of the test environment, I was directed to the penultimate screen saying you are almost done with the check-in process . After a few mins, my proctor contacted me via Chat saying that "I'm unable to see your video stream, Kindly check if Firewall and VPN are turned off. If that doesn't work kindly quit and reopen your application"

I have done the same, and the problem still persists. So the proctor has asked to use a different computer. So I have tried it on my 2nd personal computer
(My 1st attempt was on Windows PC with internet connection via LAN)

Now my second attempt was on Macbook connected via Wifi. I still faced the issue. Not once, but twice. So they have given me an option to reschedule, so I have rescheduled it to tomorrow 7.45 am Sept 1st

Hope I will be able to give the exam tomorrow without any hurdles

I still wonder where exactly the issue was. I'm pretty sure that there are no issues with my Net connection (100mbps up/down) or with my computers (System test was done on these computers a week back prior to the exam)

Suggestions from anyone, on what else I need to check or can do prior to the exam to avoid the above-stated issues.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Megablaziken wrote:
I started my exam. Completed the quants and verbal section. While moving on to verbal, there was an technical issue and ultimately my exam was revoked. The proctor gave me a case id and asked me to connect to their customer care. What are the steps ahead? How do I inform the GMAC about this. Will I be able to take the test again? Any idea?

the same thing happened with me as well that too for the second time
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 81
Send PM
Hello,
Has anyone had an issue with the test not launching during the scheduled time? The "Begin Exam" button never populated for me. I even rescheduled my exam after this happened the first time hoping it would work during the next time slot, however it still never populated.
Where "Begin Exam" should have been, it said "Why can't I begin my exam?". When I clicked on this it listed out 4 reasons that were not applicable (Exam Completed, Not within testing window, Future Exam, Exam no longer available).
No one seemed to be available to help resolve this issue. I will be emailing in regards to this shortly.

Thanks,
Julia
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 510
Send PM
Hey - has anyone figured out a solution to when the proctor is not able to see your video? It happened to me today, and I am trying to find a potential solution before booking another exam - thanks in advance for the help
Intern
Intern
Send PM
SairamRamo wrote:
I had my exam scheduled today @ 9.15 am 31st August.

I've logged into my Computer at 9 am for the check-in process. After uploading photos of myself, Photo ID, and of the test environment, I was directed to the penultimate screen saying you are almost done with the check-in process . After a few mins, my proctor contacted me via Chat saying that "I'm unable to see your video stream, Kindly check if Firewall and VPN are turned off. If that doesn't work kindly quit and reopen your application"

I have done the same, and the problem still persists. So the proctor has asked to use a different computer. So I have tried it on my 2nd personal computer
(My 1st attempt was on Windows PC with internet connection via LAN)

Now my second attempt was on Macbook connected via Wifi. I still faced the issue. Not once, but twice. So they have given me an option to reschedule, so I have rescheduled it to tomorrow 7.45 am Sept 1st

Hope I will be able to give the exam tomorrow without any hurdles

I still wonder where exactly the issue was. I'm pretty sure that there are no issues with my Net connection (100mbps up/down) or with my computers (System test was done on these computers a week back prior to the exam)

Suggestions from anyone, on what else I need to check or can do prior to the exam to avoid the above-stated issues.

Figured out a solution yet? I faced the same issue today
Intern
Intern
Send PM
pabpinor wrote:
Hi all,

As we are facing the challenges of this new Online GMAT experience lets collect here the issues we encounter and their solutions (if any).

1.- Registration block, 2 weeks from the current date (Solved, extra capacity added)

2.- Vouchers not available for the Online GMAT (Pending, expected by May, not specific ETA yet)

3.- Black screen with video down during the exam (Being addressed, no ETA yet)

4.- Exam not launching (Being addressed, seems an issue on the verification step by PearsonVUE)

5.- Black screen after submitting photos and the exam status in mba.com (Refunded and allowed to take again the test 20 days later)

6.- Technical difficulties that lag the exam (Already rescheduled)

If you encounter other issues, post them here so we can have a better understanding of the situation.

If you have not done it, contact GMAC customer service about your issue, from experience I would say that the website form does not work at all, so send a detailed email to customercare@gmac.com (or your regional contact email) so they can take care of it.

Regards,
Pablo

Hey - has anyone found a potential solution to the video not reaching the proctor problem?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Online GMAT Issues [#permalink]