It is currently 16 Dec 2017, 01:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Only a reduction of 10 percent in the number of scheduled

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 127 [0], given: 323

GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
Reviews Badge
Re: Only a reduction of 10 percent in the number of scheduled [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jul 2016, 23:58
thangvietnam

As per (e) "most flights landing at Greentown have many passengers who then take different flights to reach their final destinations"

Most means >50% and less than 100% . If say 95% of flights landing at Greentown use it as a regional hub then it will not be possible for them to redirect to the new airport. Since there is less than 10% reduction in air traffic , chronic delays will still continue.

Appreciate any KUDOS given ! :)

Kudos [?]: 127 [0], given: 323

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2017, 03:46
I have a doubt, ok the answer is E and the other answ choices are easy to eliminate,but in E there is an assumption that the other airport will not be a regional hub. Because if it is I don't think E could be correct. because ok if I am free to assume that the Hevelia airstrip could be also a regional hub I will not be able to solve the problem,I think.
In many CR questions I don't know how much I can assume from the answer choices can someone help mE?

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 16

Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2017, 09:33
lorenzo393 wrote:
I have a doubt, ok the answer is E and the other answ choices are easy to eliminate,but in E there is an assumption that the other airport will not be a regional hub. Because if it is I don't think E could be correct. because ok if I am free to assume that the Hevelia airstrip could be also a regional hub I will not be able to solve the problem,I think.
In many CR questions I don't know how much I can assume from the answer choices can someone help mE?

It's a good doubt, E requires the assumption that 40 miles is too far and airlines won't re-schedule their flights to use that as the new hub. To me this doesn't be a problem, 40 miles isn't far when you are flying at blazing speed.

C to me is a great contender: more development = more congestion, thus we don't get the added benefits. But C is more uncertain than E, therefore E is correct. Does it make sense? Sorta, but not great. It's one of those cases where we just hail to the GMAC lords.

Insanity at its finest.

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 16

Re: Only a reduction of 10 percent in the number of scheduled   [#permalink] 03 Dec 2017, 09:33

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 23 posts ] 

Only a reduction of 10 percent in the number of scheduled

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap