GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Dec 2018, 21:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • $450 Tuition Credit & Official CAT Packs FREE

December 15, 2018

December 15, 2018

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

Get the complete Official GMAT Exam Pack collection worth $100 with the 3 Month Pack ($299)
  • FREE Quant Workshop by e-GMAT!

December 16, 2018

December 16, 2018

07:00 AM PST

09:00 AM PST

Get personalized insights on how to achieve your Target Quant Score.

Orion - Try it Free

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Orion - Try it Free  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Aug 2018, 15:33

Double Your ROI

ORION is working twice as hard for you this holiday season. For a limited time (through Nov 26), every new subscription of $99 will include a second month for free. That’s what the band Foreigner would call “Double Vision.” Don’t study the GMAT. Play it. And double your ROI today!

GMAT Prep from ORION:

Description: ORION is a computer-adaptive GMAT course that personalizes a study mission based on your weaknesses, adapting with every practice test you take. So you know exactly what to do and when. It will keep you organized and engaged so that you maximize your GMAT score in the shortest amount of time. It’s kind of like having a private tutor without having to pay for one. Some dare to even call it fun.

Options:
  • Free Trial
    • 10 days access, including one full length test. No credit card required.
  • Monthly Subscription
    • Pay as you study. $99/month
  • Six Months Access
    • $399 up front ($99/month)

All ORION subscriptions include:
  • Thousands of authentic practice problems
  • 40+ hours of video lessons
  • 7 full length practice tests
  • Customized and adaptive study plan based on your weaknesses

How To Get Started:
    1. Tell us your target score
    2. Tell us your test date
    3. Take a quick diagnostic quiz

ORION will predict your GMAT score and diagnose your strengths and weaknesses so you know exactly where to focus your time and attention. We will then create a personalized study mission that adapts to meet your schedule and maximize your results in the shortest amount of time.

Why It Works:

How It Works:
    1. Domain Expertise
    A GMAT prep course is essentially only as good as the people who create it. ORION’s academics team has more than 20 years of teaching experience, and our strategies have been used by over 300,000 students since 2002.

2. Adaptive Learning Technology
    ORION uses Item Response Theory on data collected from over 30 million problems answered by GMAT students to predict exactly which lessons and problems are most likely to improve your score in the shortest amount of time.

3. Performance-Enhancing Experience Design
    With bite-sized lessons and applied game mechanics, ORION is built to engage, inspire, and optimize performance for every student. It’s all about helping you achieve a state of flow.

Try Orion for free today!

Manager
Manager
G
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
Schools: CUHK '21 (II)
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 4
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Orion - Try it Free  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Aug 2018, 02:26
Hi ,
I am using Orion and would say it is good but I want to highlight one problem which I am facing , ORION offers daily Live Tutor support through the Menu only for below hours:

Sunday - Thursday | 8-10pm ET
Friday and Saturday | 1-3pm ET

It does not match with my time zone as it is probably 6 am in my time zone, too early for me.

What to do if you are new to GMAT:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/what-to-do-if-you-are-new-272708.html#p2108758

GMAC official guides : https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmac-official-guides-the-master-directory-links-240610.html#p1854935

Give me kudos if you like it , it's totally harmless :)

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 23 Aug 2018, 08:17
GMATbuster92 wrote:
Hi ,
I am using Orion and would say it is good but I want to highlight one problem which I am facing , ORION offers daily Live Tutor support through the Menu only for below hours:

Sunday - Thursday | 8-10pm ET
Friday and Saturday | 1-3pm ET

It does not match with my time zone as it is probably 6 am in my time zone, too early for me.

Thanks for your feedback, GMATbuster92! Just want to quickly say we hear you and will seriously consider opening up the Live Tutor hours to be more accommodating to our students outside the U.S. It probably won't happen immediately, as we have some exciting new product enhancements we are focused on at the moment, but I am confident that we will be able to accommodate new LT hours in the near future.

I would love to pick your brain a bit more if you have more feedback to share. Please PM me if you're willing to hop on a 15-minute phone call at any point. Thanks again for your feedback and happy to hear that you enjoyed your journey through the ORION universe!

MARC FEDER
Director of User Experience | ORION
https://www.learnwithorion.com

Kudos aren't just candy bars. Like something I said? You know what to do ;)

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2018, 01:57
Hi experts
I really need help in verbal and specifically sentence correction as I m very bad at it even in basics of sentence correction and I have 50 days in my exam plz tell me which books should I use and how should I proceed and if any free online lectures available

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2018, 13:10
amishanahar99 wrote:
Hi experts
I really need help in verbal and specifically sentence correction as I m very bad at it even in basics of sentence correction and I have 50 days in my exam plz tell me which books should I use and how should I proceed and if any free online lectures available

Posted from my mobile device

Hi amishanahar99,

We have some great SC lessons in ORION, and you are welcome to try it out for free for 7 days if you would like and if you have not done so already - https://learnwithorion.com/

I would normally suggest that you follow our recommended/adaptive study mission, but given your timeframe and desire to solely focus on verbal/SC, ORION does give you the option to study whatever you want "a la carte," so feel free to take advantage of that option (simply click the Menu tab > Quant/Verbal Skills).

Hope that helps!
Marc

MARC FEDER

Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 08 Sep 2018, 18:23
Does it include all the course videos that are there in GMAT on demand course?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Sep 2018, 10:38
manishcmu wrote:
Does it include all the course videos that are there in GMAT on demand course?

Hi Manish. To answer your question, ORION is a separate product/service from Veritas Prep On Demand. We recorded our own videos broken out into 45 distinct skills, totaling around 40 hours of video content. These videos are distinct and different than the VPOD videos.

If you have not done so already, I recommend signing up for a free trial of ORION to test it out and see what you think.

Cheers!
Marc

MARC FEDER

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2018, 08:28
Hi Marc,

Can you explain why pricing for Orion is much more expensive than competing products? What are the competitive advantages?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2018, 08:39
tkepongo wrote:
Hi Marc,

Can you explain why pricing for Orion is much more expensive than competing products? What are the competitive advantages?

Thanks

Hi! There are tons of competing products out there, so which ones are you referring to in particular? It's difficult to give you a specific answer when comparing to the general market. That said, until you provide more context, I can say that at $169/month ORION is actually an incredible deal when you compare the volume and quality of material/instruction you get with other prep options.

Looking forward to your follow up so that I can elaborate.

MARC FEDER

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2018, 12:16
MarcORION wrote:
tkepongo wrote:
Hi Marc,

Thanks

Hi! There are tons of competing products out there, so which ones are you referring to in particular? It's difficult to give you a specific answer when comparing to the general market. That said, until you provide more context, I can say that at $169/month ORION is actually an incredible deal when you compare the volume and quality of material/instruction you get with other prep options.

Hi Marc,

Sorry for the delay...still trying to set up proper notifications.

I've been debating between Magoosh and Orion, to be honest. Assuming I sign up for the six-month plan, Orion is still $400 more expensive than Magoosh ($200 when you use their promotion code). Can you help convince my one would choose Magoosh versus Orion?

Thank you.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2018, 16:19
tkepongo wrote:
MarcORION wrote:
tkepongo wrote:
Hi Marc,

Thanks

Hi Marc,

Sorry for the delay...still trying to set up proper notifications.

I've been debating between Magoosh and Orion, to be honest. Assuming I sign up for the six-month plan, Orion is still $400 more expensive than Magoosh ($200 when you use their promotion code). Can you help convince my one would choose Magoosh versus Orion?

Thank you.

No worries at all! While we may appear similar to Magoosh on the surface, ORION is actually quite different. Firstly, just comparing the two from a content perspective, it looks like we offer a lot more questions - their premium packages comes with 1250 practice problems. ORION, on the other hand, has ~2000 problems in our question bank that supports the 44 skills in your study mission, PLUS another ~1500 or so that make up the question bank that supports our 7 full-length practice tests, all of which use Item Response Theory (IRT). If you're unfamiliar with IRT, read this article for a quick snapshot - https://intercom.help/gmat_learnwithori ... heory-work

Secondly, ORION is adaptive in that we customize a study plan around your strengths and weaknesses (based on your initial diagnostic quiz and subsequent practice tests), your target GMAT score and your target test date. This means you will maximize your score in the shortest amount of time by focusing on skills that will offer you the highest return on your study time. Here's an article that briefly explains how we do this - https://intercom.help/gmat_learnwithori ... study-plan

Third, I would simply say that ORION is going to be much more comprehensive than Magoosh. Between the volume of practice problems and full length tests I mentioned above, plus the quality of instructional videos, live tutor support, etc., ORION is intended to be a one-stop shop for everything you need to ace the GMAT. I actually don't have anything negative to say about Magoosh; I've heard it's pretty solid. But the people who I know that used it all said that it was great as a supplement to other materials they were using.

Lastly, and not sure how much this matters to you, but it looks like Magoosh is a jack of all trades when it comes to creating content for a dozen or more subjects. ORION does one thing only, and that's GMAT prep. I have personally worked with the lead curriculum team and our VP of Academics, Brian (the guy in the videos) for six years, and if there were such a thing as a GMAT boxing match, I would bet my entire annual salary on Brian over any other GMAT instructor this side of the Milky Way.

Hope this helps!

MARC FEDER

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Orion - Try it Free &nbs [#permalink] 11 Oct 2018, 16:19

Orion - Try it Free

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: souvonik2k

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap