GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Jul 2018, 18:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Over the last five years, demand for hotel rooms in Cenopolis has

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
P
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V36
GRE 1: Q157 V157
GPA: 3.4
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Over the last five years, demand for hotel rooms in Cenopolis has [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2017, 20:53
IMO B
Option B gives us additional reason from which we can evaluate the argument to convert office space into hotels .
If office space is going to rise then the plan to convert office to space will not be successful .

Sent from my ONE E1003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Please give kudos if you found my answers useful

Intern
Intern
B
Re: Over the last five years, demand for hotel rooms in Cenopolis has [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2017, 22:44
Hello Experts

I want to understand , actually what this question tries to test ?
Sometimes we get advice do not think out of box too much , but here answer B Require Out of Box thinking,
If a person just read the argument but no option , he/she will tend to find an option which will support the growth of travellers to the place then only the converted office to hotel will be occupied and so more profit.

All the argument is based on Travelers, hotels, profits but in last the answer is having only Office as main Point
I know after we see the answer we tend to physiologically bent towards answer that also when we have GMAC verified answer.
here lots of people have given the valid reasons but all seems to be assumption like, Converting Office to hotel will take too much money, Developer will give preference to Office only, however nothing is Mentioned in Question,

Let me ask a simple question if Profit for Hotels have suddenly Increased to 5- 10 times (My assumption) I believe the even developer will stsrt considering the office space to convert it to hotel , Profits matters.

However in the question nothing is mentioned about Profit from office is more or From hotel, all argument talk abut hotels and its profit then how can answer be B.

So want to say that question's answer will Vary on person Mind set , somebody can think of converting the office space to Hotels to get early Profits, or some can wait for opening office,
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.7
WE: Information Technology (Internet and New Media)

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2017, 04:19
Whether demand for office space in Cenopolis is projected to increase in the near future- we don't bother about the demands of office building. Even if we do care about demands of office building we don't know anything about what kind of revenue will come from office building compared to hotels. So kindly tell me why OA is not E? the reason for the elimination of E?
Re: Over the last five years, demand for hotel rooms in Cenopolis has   [#permalink] 30 Nov 2017, 04:19

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 23 posts ] 

Over the last five years, demand for hotel rooms in Cenopolis has

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap