GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video
GMAT Club

It is currently 19 Feb 2020, 23:23

FINAL DECISION
SORT BY
Most helpful
SORT BY Interview date
Recent interviewed
SORT BY Post date
Recent posted
Debrief posted on  Feb 18 2020 [#permalink] Owen Vanderbilt, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Feb 18 2020 Final Decision: Interviewed

"I had an online interview with Michael Mandrioli on 18th Feb'20 and it lasted about 25 mins. He was extremely attentive and welcoming and he made the interview feel more like a casual conversation. There were some issues with the interview portal initially, so we moved the interview to Skype. The questions that I was asked were on the lines of: 1. Tell me more about your journey and how you arrived where you are today. 2. Why do you want to do an MBA now? 3. On what parameters did you decide which schools to apply to? And which schools have you applied to? 4. Did you select Owen on these parameters or something more? 5. Which is the one skill that you want to improve while at Owen? What is your plan for it? 6. Tell me about a time when you worked on a project which later failed? How did you turn the tables around? 7. Owen is a diverse class. How will you contribute towards enriching the experience of your peers? 8. Do you have any questions for me? I hope this helps! Good luck guys! :)"

khushali1908 from India GMAT 740; WE: 47 months; Investment Banking
0 out of 0 people found this Debrief helpful.

Was this Debrief helpful for you?

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 22 2019 [#permalink] Owen Vanderbilt, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 12 2019 Final Decision: Interviewed

"I was interviewed by Natasha Karimzadeh, and she was really delightful to talk with. The interview started exactly on time and lasted for about 25 mins. Questions: 1. Started with her intro and the nature of the interview. It was blind. Then she asked me to introduce myself. 2. Describe your work 3. Goals, why MBA, why now. 4. Behavioral questions. Time when you: a. led an initiative and it failed. Lessons. b. did something you didn't know. Experience and lessons c. adapted to a different culture. Lessons/hardships. d. convinced a team to do something they hadn't approved initially. e. faced a conflict, how did you deal with it. 5. Your b-school selection criteria. Other universities you've applied to. If all of them select you, why would you choose Owen? 6. What will you bring to the class? How do you wish you class to remember you? What do you expect from your classmates? 7. Diversity experience. Questions for the interviewer: 1. Suggestions for me as an international applicant. 2. Your experience at Owen, tips."

learner311 from India GMAT 710; Consulting

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 11 2019 [#permalink] Owen Vanderbilt, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 11 2019 Final Decision: Waitlisted with Interview

""Just finish the interview few minutes ago. Here are some questions. I interviewed with a second year student and he is super nice. 1. Tell me abt yourself 2. Goal 3. Why MBA? 4. Other schools I applied to and my criteria for shortlisting the schools. 5. A project I failed 6. My role in a team 7. When I identify gaps/difficulties and how I overcome it. 8. Experience in a diverse community. 9. What I expect from my peers at Owen. Have to type it right after the interview or I will forget rightaway ^^""

yes
no
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 06 2019 Final Decision: Admitted

"My interview was with Jake Hedgecock, a 2nd year student at Owen. The interview was very relaxed and totally conversational. He was very encouraging. The questions were the usual ones- Tell me a bit about yourself. Why MBA? Why Owen? Difficulties overcome and how did you overcome them? Cross-cultural experiences and a couple more behavioral questions. Hobbies. Any questions for the interviewer"

abhimanyu1945 from India GMAT 740;

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 05 2019 [#permalink] Owen Vanderbilt, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 04 2019 Final Decision: Admitted

"My interviewer was a second year student. The interview lasted for about 20-23 minutes. 1. Tell me about yourself. 2. Goals. 3. Why MBA now? 4. Situation where I faced a conflict. 5. A project I failed. 6. A skill I developed at workplace. 7. My contribution to class and Owen. 8. What I expect from my peers at Owen. 9. Experience in a diverse community. 10. My role in my project at workplace. 11. Other schools I applied to and my criteria for shortlisting the schools. 12. Another question related to my work. Lastly, he let me ask any questions I wanted to! Those were a lot of questions and the interview lasted for just 20 minutes :) It was pretty conversational though!"

ashbin3003 from India GMAT 710; Computer Software

yes
no
Skype Interviewed on: Oct 30 2019 Final Decision: Admitted

"I interviewed with Brent Hoff, a 2nd year candidate, via the online portal earlier today. He was very professional and friendly at the same time. Interview lasted 30 minutes but felt short (could be just me). These are the questions I got asked: 1. Walk me through your resume 2. What was your criteria in shortlisting b schools 3. Why MBA and Why Owen 4. What is one skill you wish to improve through MBA and how will you go about doing that 5. How will you contribute to Owen outside the classroom 6. Experience working in a diverse team 7. One time you were part of a project that failed and why did it fail 8. What other schools did you apply to (Definitely restate your desire to attend Owen because it offers xyz that other schools do not) I am a re-applicant and interviewed last year as well. That time I also got asked about one leadership experience and what I am most proud of. Hope this helps. Good luck to everyone!"

Saurabhminocha from India GMAT 710;

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Jan 18 2019 [#permalink] Owen Vanderbilt, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Jan 17 2019 Final Decision: Admitted

"Had my skype Interview with Consuela yesterday (jan 17). Submitted my application R2 deadline (jan 9), invited to interview jan 14. Interview was very conversational, lasted about 45mins total and had the usual elements: 1)background, why mba and career goals 2) what skills and experiences will help you succeed in chosen career 3) why Owen 4) time of demonstrated leadership 5) contributions to owen community 6) tell me about your country 7)any questions for me. My advice is not to get lost in the conversation but remember your key points/answers to these questions. No rolling decisions according to her; all decisions will be made on the decision deadline day (I guess March 8 for R2 applicants) Goodluck to everyone here."

rmamissah from Ghana

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Jan 18 2019 [#permalink] Owen Vanderbilt, Full Time MBA
Off Campus with Adcom Interviewed on: Jan 16 2019 Final Decision: Admitted

"Had my interview on Wednesday (Jan. 16) in person and it was a mess. 5 minutes into the interview the fire alarm went off and didn't shut off until 2 minutes before the interview ended. So along with the two of us getting constantly interrupted by the alarm, we were interrupted by the person on the intercom updating us about the alarm and the horde of people evacuating from the upper floors (we were on the first floor). By the end of the interview the two of us just looked at each other because we had both had enough haha"

eton123 GMAT 700; Accounting

yes
no