Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 10:14 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 10:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Concentration: International business, pharmaceutical, bio-tech
Schools:Cambridge/Judge '11
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Oxbridge 2010 Applicants [#permalink]
ab1234 wrote:
Mars wrote:
Hi everyone, I've been lurking in this thread but haven't posted. I am also attending Oxford this fall. I'm located in the west coast of U.S. and still haven't received my package. :( Thank goodness I started everything online. Which college is everyone applying to? I applied to Magdalen.

I'm located in the southwest and I received my package yesterday. So, I'm guessing you'll be getting yours soon too. They were posted on March 22nd (according to the admissions office). I haven't yet paid my deposit - will do that soon. My first choice will be Green-Templeton.

Be prepared to part with almost $8000. ug, the exchange rate is painful. Glad to hear packages are slowly making their way here. Did I miss something or does Oxford not have an admit weekend?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
levfin2003 wrote:
alpha_plus_gamma wrote:
niraja wrote:
any Said R3 applicants got interview invites yet?

The date for interview calls April 30, isn't it? I have not even submitted my app as the last date is April 9 :)

Same here. Haven't submitted. So, are niraja, alpha and myself the only R3 applicants on this forum? I am scared that we might be facing an uphill battle.

I have a friend who applied in R3 last year and he felt like there was plenty of space. In fact, in his opinion, the third round is not necessarily a difficult round to get admitted b/c additional space opens up due to ppl not accepting the R1 or R2 offer. Granted, he was also an olympic rower AND rowed for Oxford during his time there. But there is hope!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Schools:Oxford '11
Send PM
Mars wrote:
ab1234 wrote:
Mars wrote:
Hi everyone, I've been lurking in this thread but haven't posted. I am also attending Oxford this fall. I'm located in the west coast of U.S. and still haven't received my package. :( Thank goodness I started everything online. Which college is everyone applying to? I applied to Magdalen.

I'm located in the southwest and I received my package yesterday. So, I'm guessing you'll be getting yours soon too. They were posted on March 22nd (according to the admissions office). I haven't yet paid my deposit - will do that soon. My first choice will be Green-Templeton.

Be prepared to part with almost $8000. ug, the exchange rate is painful. Glad to hear packages are slowly making their way here. Did I miss something or does Oxford not have an admit weekend?

I'm actually feeling good about the exchange rate - it wasn't too long ago that 5,000 GBP was $10,000.

Yesterday I confirmed via email that I'll be part of the SBS class (and told my grandma... so it's official :lol: )! Everything else after I get the acceptance package.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I just paid my deposit by bank transfer - what irks me most is the surcharge :( !
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jon82 wrote:

I'm actually feeling good about the exchange rate - it wasn't too long ago that 5,000 GBP was $10,000.

Yesterday I confirmed via email that I'll be part of the SBS class (and told my grandma... so it's official :lol: )! Everything else after I get the acceptance package.

That's true, hopefully GBP will keep moving in the "right" direction. Maybe before we have to pay remaining tuition in August. Congrats! Doesn't it feel great to be officially done?
Current Student
Send PM
My bank transfer bounced. The clerk at the bank directed it to the wrong address, I think. Argh. :evil: I waited a whole week, I could've just checked my balance earlier. Now I have to wait 2-6 days more, all time off from attempts to score a college seat before all nice colleges are full!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
annae wrote:
My bank transfer bounced. The clerk at the bank directed it to the wrong address, I think. Argh. :evil: I waited a whole week, I could've just checked my balance earlier. Now I have to wait 2-6 days more, all time off from attempts to score a college seat before all nice colleges are full!

That's ridiculous. make sure the bank reimburses you for any fees.
Current Student
Send PM
I will. Just sent my account manager a mail. Hope it goes through this time though. Naturally all banks are closed until Tuesday...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1622 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Congratulations to all who have successfully paid SBS deposit... I'm glad to be in R2 and having all this time for processing as everything seems to be moving at snails pace. Maybe coz its easter...

I have paid the deposit too, wouldn't know until this week whether it has been received.

Current Oxford SBS students had a trek to Japan and it seems that it was the biggest trek this year, 30 students came over (lucky me :) )... it was awesome to be able to meet with the current students and alumni. People included a parliamentarian, law-partner, bankers, doctors, entrepreneurs, and a geisha! I could talk to people from at least 6 different nationalities in that small gathering. And let me tell you that our seniors rock!
Many feature in this photo-clips from a dinner gala in their batch... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anDBUmvz2Tw
(guyz! we'll need a tuxedo... don't know if I ever would have got the chance to wear one.. or even a sub-fusc :-D )

Also, as it was already posted here, select your college wisely. It is lot of fun and people relate strongly with their college. 'Heard stories of turtle races, deer parks within the premises and such...

The opportunities some are getting on strategy projects, on funding from VCs sounds almost unbelievable in this economy. On the downside, placement feedback was that the job market still is tight in Europe (many of them go back to their own/previous company and for others the search is yet to begin).

I'm so much more pepped up for later this year after attending this reception...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
And my condolences towards those who chose judge over sbs :twisted:
I've been told that animosity needs to be mentioned between the two even if it is not meant :wink:
Current Student
Send PM
^no need for animosity from my side, since Cambridge won the boat race yesterday. :wink:
Your stories regarding SBS sound good. I also heard from buffdaddy that there was a trek planned to visit a Google founder in Silicon valley, if I'm not mistaken. Sounds awesome.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
oops! badly timed comment :) and cheers to the win, annae!
hope next yr is going to be us 8-)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
gmattokyo wrote:
oops! badly timed comment :) and cheers to the win, annae!
hope next yr is going to be us 8-)

We will win next year. period.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ok random bit of info I found on the oxford intranet. Looks like Oxford offers trampolining and windsurfing as sports to participate in. Guess I'll be looking to pack a trampoline and spandex clothing for my year there! :P
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
A general question to Oxford admits....
Did you strictly stick to the word limits given for the 2 essays?
My first essay is shooting by a 100 words? Is this OK?:shock: :?:
Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ramanathanblue wrote:
A general question to Oxford admits....
Did you strictly stick to the word limits given for the 2 essays?
My first essay is shooting by a 100 words? Is this OK?:shock: :?:
Thanks!

If i remember correctly, the word limits for both essays were pretty big compared to other schools. In my opinion, there's no reason to exceed those large limits. It's definitely ok to come in less.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Chicago Booth (Re-app), LBS, UCLA Anderson, Oxford Said, INSEAD (withdrawn)
 Q48  V41
GPA: 3.6 - Top public
WE 1: Investment Management
Send PM
One of my reccomenders asked me if he could submit his recommendation a couple of days late. Is anyone aware of SBS' polcy regarding that.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  23   24   25   26   27   28   29  ...  35