GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 05 Dec 2019, 18:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Oxford MFE vs HEC MIF ($$$) vs Notre Dame MSBA ($$$) vs MIT MFin/MBan

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V48
Oxford MFE vs HEC MIF ($$$) vs Notre Dame MSBA ($$$) vs MIT MFin/MBan  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2019, 03:37
Hey.

I'm in the very fortunate position to have been admitted to Oxford, HEC and ND. I have interviews for both MFin and MBan programs this coming week. HEC have committed to at least 20k scholarship, bringing the course fee to 12k euro. Notre Dame haven't confirmed an amount yet but indicated approximately 25-30k dollars, which will bring the cost to 20-25k dollars. Oxford scholarships have not been released yet, so lets assume nothing on that front, so ~50k euro.

I have applications pending for LSE (Finance, Financial Mathematics), and I would assume I will be admitted to one of those programs on the back of the application results so far. I think MFE > both of those, but thoughts here appreciated. I have also have been invited to interview for Dukes MQM:BA, but I think I will scratch that.

Background: Final year Undergraduate in Management Science and Information Systems in a top Irish University. We don't have CGPA, but currently 1st in class with a high 1st class honours (3.7-4). GMAT: 770 (Q49, V48). Had an internship in one of MS,GS,JPM in the UK, and currently a teaching assistant for 1st and 2nd year students in my university.

Location: Regarding where I work after the masters, I am not particularly inclined either way at the minute. Happy to go to London, but also equally happy to try out the US. I have a good level of French, but probably not employable proficiency just yet.

Goals: The goal at the moment is Hedge Fund/Quantitative Strategy/Research. I have an M&A internship this summer so I will see how I find that too. I think my short-term career goals (first couple of years out of college) are flexible-ish.

Thoughts: I actually never expected to get into to Oxford or MIT, and always thought that if it was my choice entirely, then MIT is the way to go. I know Notre Dame isn't as high ranked or even a Finance related course, but I think it is hard to overlook the scholarship and the fun I could have there compared to Oxf/MIT. I have no idea what the job prospects out of the MSBA are, but I have been treated very well by the AdCom and like the look of the school and area. HEC Paris offers a chance to improve my French, and is the number 1 ranked pre-experience finance masters. However, my research kind of indicates that the Oxf MFE is a better program, although I will be worked much harder on the MFE.

Really tough decision, and would appreciate any input. Happy to answer any questions as well.
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Oxford MFE vs HEC MIF ($$$) vs Notre Dame MSBA ($$$) vs MIT MFin/MBan  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2019, 12:36
Anyone got any thoughts?
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Oxford MFE vs HEC MIF ($$$) vs Notre Dame MSBA ($$$) vs MIT MFin/MBan  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2019, 18:09
Hi and congratulations on your admits. Are all of these Master's programs? or in other words, are any of these MBA's?
I presume no work experience as it is almost always the case with masters?
B

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2019, 01:17
bb wrote:
Hi and congratulations on your admits. Are all of these Master's programs? or in other words, are any of these MBA's?
I presume no work experience as it is almost always the case with masters?

Hey bb.

Yes all Masters programmes. I have no full time work experience and will be starting straight from my undergrad.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Oxford MFE vs HEC MIF ($$$) vs Notre Dame MSBA ($$$) vs MIT MFin/MBan   [#permalink] 18 Feb 2019, 01:17

Oxford MFE vs HEC MIF ($$$) vs Notre Dame MSBA ($$$) vs MIT MFin/MBan

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, Wilch, teleste