Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 09:41 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 09:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Schools: INSEAD '14
Send PM
Official Business School Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Schools: INSEAD '14
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.8
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Ask Cornell (Johnson) Admissions [#permalink]
First off I want to congratulate Johnson administration and gmatclub on this unique initiative. It is a rather nobel effort.

I am a R1 applicant for Johnson. I am in a bit of a fix about my recommendations.

I have done 2 roles primarily in my career.

1. Current role: I have been in it for 13 months. I have worked under my hiring manager for 8 months until he left for another team in the same company a few months ago. My current manager and I have worked for 5 months only. Which one of the two should I choose?

2. Previous role: I did this role for 4 years. I worked under different manager through this while but the same engineering manager, who has little experience in being a direct manager to me. I have two choices again here - the engineering manager or a direct manager during this time. Which one should I choose?

I am not stating my personal opinion here so as to not sway the opinion. It would be great if I could get a perspective on this matter from the Johnson school administration..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 666 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Harvard Business School (HBS) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.91
WE:Corporate Finance (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Is it possible to do a joint degree in MBA and Master of Management in Hotel Hospitality? I saw on the admissions page that joint degrees are available, but didn't see MMH as an example so that's why I'm wondering. If so, should we apply to both separately? And is it still possible to complete in 2 years?

Thanks!
Send PM
Johnson does offer dual degree programs with other schools on campus. Your best bet would be to reach out to the Hotel school, as I believe they offer a one year master's program. Let me know if you have any additional questions
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: General Management
Send PM
Hi,

I have a dilemma here, and I would love to hear your opinion on this.

I am applying in R1, therefore, submitting my application by Oct.12, but I also wish to attend the Women in Business event taking place on campus Oct. 20-21. I must apply in R1 and get the result back by the end of this year due to personal reasons. If I get selected to attend the event in late October, would there be any way that I could add a portion to the application which, by then, would have already been submitted?

Thank you so much!!!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72868 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Heads up!
R1 Application Deadline is just in a few days!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
JohnsonAdmissions,

Should an applicant (okay, me) update admissions if there was a change to information provided in his or her application- a material pay increase for example?

Thank you in advance.
BSchool Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2014
Send PM
2013hopeful wrote:
JohnsonAdmissions,

Should an applicant (okay, me) update admissions if there was a change to information provided in his or her application- a material pay increase for example?

Thank you in advance.

I am not a member of the Admissions Committee, but I would like to interject anyway. I recently got promoted, so I got in touch with the Johnson AdCom. I sent an email to the generic address and called a couple of numbers, which I found on the website. They reached out to me not long after that and asked me to send them my updated resume. And then I was told that I could continue sending them any significant updates.

I am not certain if a salary increase is considered a significant update by the Johnson AdCom team, but I would think that it is. I would still recommend that you ask them about this directly, but I figured that I would share my experience so that you know that they are not completely opposed to accepting any form of updates.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
JohnsonAdmissions,

I currently work in small-cap private equity and know that I want to work in small-cap private equity long-term. What initially attracted me to Cornell was the Entrepreneurship and Private Equity immersion learning program. It seems to me that Johnson has one of the only MBA programs that has a path specifically focused on small-cap private equity.

Where can I get more information on this specific immersion learning program? Some of my specific questions include:

- What courses and experiences can one expect from the program?
- How many people participate in this program? (the website says "a small number of students")
- Will this program still be beneficial if I have 2.5 years of experience in small-cap private equity?

Thank you in advance for any and all information.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1372 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: International Business, General Management
GPA: 3.86
WE:Accounting (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
I have Two questions......

1.I want to know How is Cornell (Johnson) different from other business schools?

2.I have 2.5 Years Exp in a software industry and i have 86.5% in my 10th standard,88% in my high school and 81.1 in my under-graduation where do i stand in getting into Cornell (Johnson) , and with my academics what is the required Gmat score to get into this business school?

Thanks in advance.........
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Measuring... Measuring... 760. You're welcome.
Send PM
If you have any updates from your employer such as a raise or promotion, we would like for you to send an email to your account manager and it will be added to your file.
Send PM
Students in the EPE immersions work very closely with other schools and departments on campus such as BR Consulting and BR Law.

Please visit the links below to learn more about EPE.

https://www.johnson.cornell.edu/Academic-Programs/Full-Time-MBA/Two-Year-MBA/Curriculum/Immersion-Learning/Entrepreneurship-and-Private-Equity.aspx

https://www.consultbrc.com/index.php

https://www2.johnson.cornell.edu/brl/
Send PM
Great question, what makes Johnson different? Choosing b-school is a huge time commitment. Take time to speak with alumni, current students and perhaps most importantly visit the schools you are interested in. Students participate in an immersions program, during the spring semester of their first year. This enables students to experience a program that is intense, hands-on integrated course and field work in a specific industry or career interest

Our GMAT range is between 650-750. Please visit our website for additional information, www.johnson.cornell.edu
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Hi Johnson Admissions,

I am in the process of completing my application for submission in R2.

Per the application instructions, we can scan our GMAT score reports and submit them ourselves (official scores from MBA.com being required if we're granted admission). However, there doesn't appear to be a place on the application to upload our "Official - Test Taker Score Report." How should we address this? Should we just upload our scores and email them to the appropriate account manager?

Thank you and have a nice day!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
JohnsonAdmissions wrote:
Students in the EPE immersions work very closely with other schools and departments on campus such as BR Consulting and BR Law.

I'm also interested in PE and was a Cornell undergrad. I would love to return to Ithaca. Can you please talk about PE recruiting? Who hires on campus? Where do students in the immersion go? What PE firms have Johnson alums in snr posts? What recruiting help can I expect from the school?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.4
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Hi Marcie -- was wondering if Johnson will be soon publishing detailed career stats -- firms and the like -- for the Class of 2011. I'm interested in equity research on both the buy and sell side so I was curious what the placement for these careers are. Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 78 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
WE:Information Technology (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Well , I was more inclined towards the 1 year MBA .

I understand that the prerequisite is a graduate degree and significant amount of work experience. My question is what is the median range of work experience for the 1 year class ; do 30+ applicants have more chances for admission ?

Also what kind of graduate degree is sufficient ? I mean graduate degrees in part-time evening schools such as ALM degree in Harvard Extension School or MS in Boston University Metropolitan School , do they qualify as prerequisite graduate degree. If yes , then how are perceived by the adcomms ?

Also , how are the placement statistics post graduation ?
   1   2   3   4   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts