Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 10:50 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 10:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 610 Q44 V31
WE:Consulting (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 364 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE:Information Technology (Retail)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Sustainability, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.98
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Last GMATPrep before actual GMAT on friday.... [#permalink]
Thank you very much for posting your thoughts on my Performance! No - i defenately do not give that much ob this 750 last shot, I actually would be perfectly glad with 650! Everything above would just be perfect - even though 700 is some Kind of Magic barrier and i would Be enormously happy with cracking this ;-)

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GPA: 3.65
WE:Project Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Let us know how it went. I will be writing it on Saturday....Relax and rest today and tomorrow. Good Luck and push hard!!!
Director
Director
Status:My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Send PM
Best of luck....If 700 is something that is going to make you happy....Dont worry thats the score you will get.....

Think positive.......
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V35
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V42
Send PM
Best of luck! Your CAT scores say you're well-prepared and ready to score 650 or higher. :)

One note of caution: The GMAT Prep scoring seems not to be up to date. I sat the GMAT twice (October and November) and both times I had Q/V combinations that I had previously gotten in a GMAT Prep test. Both times the actual GMAT score was 10 points lower than the respective mock exam's score, although the splits between the quant and verbal section were exactly the same. For example, in a GMAT Prep exam I got 730 Q47 V42 at the week-end, but yesterday I got 720 Q47 V42 in the real test.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.4
WE:Design (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
As a frame of reference, here is how my gmatprep scores and real score shook out:

GMATprep1 2nd try (the night before actual): 700 Q44 V41
GMATprep2 2nd try (a week before actual): 730 Q47 V44

Real Deal: 710 Q47 V41

Test 2 seems a bit on the easy side compared to the real thing, especially on your second run. But I think you can expect 700 to 720, if you're unaffected by pressure. Good Luck
Intern
Intern
Send PM
thanks again for your opinions - I am pretty confident to score about 650 - everything else would just be really sad (dar below 650) or perfect (about 700) ;-). Usually I perform pretty well under pressure - but lets see how I feel tomorrow... actually I think exams depend a lot on the form you're in on test day - therefore I'll know tomorrow ;-)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools: York University (Schulich) - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
I wouldn't waste energy trying to guess the final score, expectations will stress you out. Just be confident in your preparation and your abilities and do your best.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 127 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
My 2 cents - Dont stress trying to guess the final score. take a range say 680-720 and go for it..
Dont EVER think about this score while taking the actual test. It will freak you out!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Because I screwed todays GMAT and I am pretty pissed with myself here just a short post - maybe I'll write more when I calmed down...

610 (Q44 / V31)

Not sure if I want to retake because of appl. deadlines! But with this crappy score I think Ican throw my favourite appl. (ESADE - MIM) in the bin :-/ Therefore I am really disappointed!

Have a nice weekend guys and enjoy yorself!
Br,
Jbelli

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Sustainability, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.98
Send PM
jbelli wrote:
Because I screwed todays GMAT and I am pretty pissed with myself here just a short post - maybe I'll write more when I calmed down...

610 (Q44 / V31)

Not sure if I want to retake because of appl. deadlines! But with this crappy score I think Ican throw my favourite appl. (ESADE - MIM) in the bin :-/ Therefore I am really disappointed!

Have a nice weekend guys and enjoy yorself!
Br,
Jbelli

Chin up mate..Do you know what happened? Nerves, or just questions harder than you expected? Or something else? Good luck in your applications.
Director
Director
Status:My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Send PM
I think you did fair enough in quant as per your average score...but yeah verbal went down.....

But dont worry its still a decent score....Nobody is looking for GMAT superstars here.....Rock on witht he applications...work hard on them...I am sure you dont have to retake again.....

Life is fun only if you will allow it to be............
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Finally after some time went by since I took the GMAT and after I received my AWA score today I'll briefly describe my GMAT experience.
First of all I must admit that the verbal Section of the real exam was slightly more difficult than both MGMAT and GMATPrep CATs.
But Let's start from the beginning:
I arrived at the Test center and felt pretty confident. The AWA Section went perfectly well (also shown in my 5.5 AWA score - at least One Thing that sattisfies me regarding the gmat). After the AWA Section i took the braeak, had something to Rat and returned into the room. Now everything went wrong. I was allowed to take a bottle of Water with me into the room but actually i should Not have Done so. Right at the beginning of the Quant Section i completely flooded my desk with Water and lost about 5 minutes. Having this in mind I rushed trough the First 10 questions. Afterwards everything was ok except that i never felt to Be "into" the exam! At the end of the Section i was aware that this warnt my Best Quant Performance and that i would Need to do perfectly in verbal to receive a decent score. In the break One of the Girls at the receiption told me that i will Not succeed in getting 650+ after She had asked for my prep scores. I think i started in verbal pretty Bad because i put myself under huge pressure and i die not feelt Secure Ehrung the whole Section! After i finished the Test i was completely aware that this was my Poorest Performance. So all in all im confident that i Gould score higher if i retake. But with having the appl. Deadlines in mind and with the Need of attending toefl (i am pretty afraid of it) im still Not sure if i will retake GMAT! Maybe I'll do so in the First or sec. Week of january with just 1-2 weeks of prep before it and After i finished all the other stuff of the Applications!

Thank you very much for all your help!

Br, jakob

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V35
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V42
Send PM
jbelli wrote:
(...) But with having the appl. Deadlines in mind and with the Need of attending toefl (i am pretty afraid of it) im still Not sure if i will retake GMAT! Maybe I'll do so in the First or sec. Week of january with just 1-2 weeks of prep before it and After i finished all the other stuff of the Applications!

The TOEFL is a piece of cake compared to the GMAT verbal section. Also, you can always retake it and then choose which score to report. You really shouldn't be too afraid of it. Prepare for it, if you feel your English needs a little polishing up. But the rest of your application documents will be at least as important to get right. Do not neglect them because of these two tests. :)
GMAT Club Bot