Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 14:03 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q45 V41
GPA: 4
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 157 [0]
Given Kudos: 249
Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2015
GRE 1: Q170 V166
GPA: 3.22
WE:Management Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Re: Olin 2012 - Calling all Washington University Applicants [#permalink]
Thanks. I know they were off for T-day, and it seemed pretty hectic. I think I had turned mine in on Nov. 2.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM

Originally posted by devilmaycry2709 on 01 Dec 2011, 23:01.
Last edited by devilmaycry2709 on 23 Mar 2013, 08:38, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Got my admit pack today, and they gave me 75% scholarship. I didn't expect anything. With the low cost of living in St. Louis and how impressive the admissions committee has been, it will be difficult to turn down. I was admitted Tuesday and they shipped it to Munich by Friday. Very fast. I would expect a very fast turnaround if I were you. Anyone seriously considering Olin?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
I was interviewed on 29th and they wrote the letter of admit on 30th itself!!
Ms. Snow Jan interviewed me and she told me upfront that I was a good fit for Olin.

I received my packet on 2nd Dec. I am delighted at being awarded the Dean's full scholarship. :wink: :twisted:

I am awaiting post-interview decision from Ross and Boston University.
Awaiting interview invites from UNC Kenan Flagler and Tuck as well.

All the best guys!!
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: The Earth organization, India
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Operations
 Q47  V34 GMAT 2: 680  Q48  V35 GMAT 3: 710  Q48  V38
GPA: 3.3
WE 1: SAP consultant-IT 2 years
WE 2: Entrepreneur-family business 2 years
Send PM
@mirantdon - we've been in touch on BTG. I've just wrapped up R1 interviews(except ISB R2) Considering Olin 4th jan deadline. I think u are also from MFG.

I have a pretty solid background in MFG/operations. 4 yrs work ex and decent adacs/GMAT.
Olin is overall a very good school. But is it the place to be for a MFG/SCM guy ?

My R1 schools :
1>Kelley- interviewed
2>Smeal- INterviewed
3>ISB- expecting a call soon

@JH- I read on the other thread u had an offer from Kelley wit a schol. How would you compare Kelley with Olin {Can u provide heads up on SCM/operations at Olin}.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.05
WE:Design (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hi BBlast

Thats stunning.! An improvement over last years campaign ?

ya man I was interviewed by Olin on the 28 th, a feel good experience.!But still waiting for the final decision .! Lets see what happens .
BTw, certainly in for Kelley in Round2 . !

best of luck mate, and hope to see you around!!

bblast wrote:
@mirantdon - we've been in touch on BTG. I've just wrapped up R1 interviews(except ISB R2) Considering Olin 4th jan deadline. I think u are also from MFG.

I have a pretty solid background in MFG/operations. 4 yrs work ex and decent adacs/GMAT.
Olin is overall a very good school. But is it the place to be for a MFG/SCM guy ?

My R1 schools :
1>Kelley- interviewed
2>Smeal- INterviewed

@JH- I read on the other thread u had an offer from Kelley wit a schol. How would you compare Kelley with Olin {Can u provide heads up on SCM/operations at Olin}.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mirantdon wrote:
Hi BBlast

ya man I was interviewed by Olin on the 28 th, a feel good experience.!But still waiting for the final decision .! Lets see what happens .

bblast wrote:

My R1 schools :
1>Kelley- interviewed
2>Smeal- INterviewed

Yeah definite improvement .

oh - so u attended the Mumbai i/v ? any idea of SCM operations at Olin ? Good luck.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT Date: 11-29-2011
GPA: 3.5
WE:Web Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Can somebody pls tell me what is the min GMAT score preffered for a 3 yrs exp person working in IT.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.05
WE:Design (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Dude , i am in the same boat. i intend to focus on scm and operations as well.

I precisely asked the same question when asked do you have any questions for us ?

She was quite buoyant about the prospects of operations and scm in the coming years. But you never know, the only way is by talkin to people who are studying there. I talked to a couple of them, but they also had similar things to say.

bblast wrote:
mirantdon wrote:
Hi BBlast

bblast wrote:

My R1 schools :
1>Kelley- interviewed
2>Smeal- INterviewed

Yeah definite improvement .

oh - so u attended the Mumbai i/v ? any idea of SCM operations at Olin ? Good luck.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
but how could u apply to a school where u dnt know about the stregth of the curriculum in an area(operations/scm). :roll:

Kelley is a marketing school but it has a great SCM curriculum and greater SCM careers. So I applied there. I applied to Smeal as its one of the top 5 in SCM.

Need a similar reason to apply to Olin - I agree its a great school brand wise and otherwise-but looking for an insider's perspective for my preferred concentration.

@jordanhendrix- kindly help
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 76
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Hi Olin applicants! FYI if you're applying through the Consortium Graduate Study in Management (CGSM), hop over to the Consortium 2012 Forum and Update Your Profile to reflect that you are applying through the Consortium.

It's simple. Just select your school as "Consortium, the", then indicate which specific institution(s) you'll be applying to and the Consortium round you'll be applying in. You can do all of this easily through the handy 'Add to Your Schools' link on the front page of the Consortium 2012 Forum.

We have a special analytics specifically for those candidates applying via Consortium and lots of useful tips for your application and assessment of your candidacy.

Cheers!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congrats, neosumit! You thinking of joining next year? I'm still waiting from my other schools to see what they offer, but I plan to be done with this thing by February.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.4
WE:Sales (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Hi all,

I have been invited to interview in the coming weeks. Can anyone please share more specifics of their interview experience?

So far, ciduo777 said the process is pleasant, and his interviewer asked tailored questions about his resume and not the standard questions. Does this ring true for anyone else?

Additionally, can someone please confirm that these interviews are only conducted by admissions directors and that they have already read your application (not blind interview format)?

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
soonerliberty wrote:
Congrats, neosumit! You thinking of joining next year? I'm still waiting from my other schools to see what they offer, but I plan to be done with this thing by February.

I am awaiting result from Ross before I submit my first installment to Olin.
A full tuition waiver is something that is hard to refuse in any case.

The easiest career switch for me would be into IT Consulting role. But at Olin it seems I will have to network a lot to get an internship and then a job.

Can some current student help me with any information about IT consulting recruitment at Olin ?
I have also heard that Olin has hired someone from Kelley in 2010 to improve its career services function. So can someone from Olin throw
some light on that as well?

Just get a feeling though that Olin is trying to get its act together after few graduates came down heavily on the BusinessWeek's graduate comments section citing the inefficacy of the career services at the school. Surely no one desires those sort of comments from alumni.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
avenkatesh007 wrote:
Can somebody pls tell me what is the min GMAT score preffered for a 3 yrs exp person working in IT.

That's a very difficult question to answer. Depends on the rest of your profile.

Indians tend to be the most competitive pool of applicants with regards to GMAT.
Olin received 70% of it's applications from International applicants and I would assume that Indians are the biggest chunk in that group.
Olin is generous to not charge any application fee and that is probably one of the main reason.

So I will think that anything beyond 700 will help you to be competitive in any of the top 30 ranked programs (as per latest US News ranking).
Manager
Manager
Send PM
neosumit wrote:
avenkatesh007 wrote:

That's a very difficult question to answer. Depends on the rest of your profile.

Indians tend to be the most competitive pool of applicants with regards to GMAT.
Olin received 70% of it's applications from International applicants and I would assume that Indians are the biggest chunk in that group.
Olin is generous to not charge any application fee and that is probably one of the main reason.

So I will think that anything beyond 700 will help you to be competitive in any of the top 30 ranked programs (as per latest US News ranking).

I have a similar offer from Smeal-SCM and I think at this point of time an admit with tuition waiver would be the wisest investment in a US mba.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 106 [0]
Given Kudos: 66
Send PM
bblast wrote:
but how could u apply to a school where u dnt know about the stregth of the curriculum in an area(operations/scm). :roll:

Kelley is a marketing school but it has a great SCM curriculum and greater SCM careers. So I applied there. I applied to Smeal as its one of the top 5 in SCM.

Need a similar reason to apply to Olin - I agree its a great school brand wise and otherwise-but looking for an insider's perspective for my preferred concentration.

@jordanhendrix- kindly help

Hey, so I can only speak for Olin here, I came here over kelley ultimately for a few main reasons:
Money
Location is more city like than Bloomington ( a true cow town)
The vibe I got when visiting was different, Olin seemed to be a place where we still had bright students who are very collegial. I was right.

As far as SCM goes ew are strong in that area because of an amazing professor (taught at booth for years) and our MS in SCM, both of those things bring lots of companies looking for SC interns/fulltimes. Companies include Boeing, Toyota, Monsanto, Nestle, some boutique consultancies and even delloite operations. I really can't say if Kelley id better or not.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts