Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:04 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Sustainability
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Status:every time I get out, they keep on bringing me back in
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE:Investment Banking (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Re: Darden 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]

Originally posted by washingtondc627 on 01 Dec 2011, 13:02.
Last edited by washingtondc627 on 05 Jan 2012, 11:56, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
greatcamp wrote:
Hi everyone, just received an email from Darden. It informed me that I am not invited to an MBA interview but an EMBA one. Any others who applied for full time MBA received that kind of email? I guess I am too old to be admitted by a full time program.

How old are you?...
I think it might be not an age issue, but a work/life experience issue. There's a school of thought that once you reach a certain level of experience you won't get as much out of a ft time MBA as less experienced candidates would.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:UVA DARDEN, Tepper, Cornell
Send PM
I also received the invite for EMBA even though I applied for Full time. I will have more than 7yrs exp bythe time I join next year. I guess maybe that is the reason
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
7 years does not seem excessive to be in the FT MBA program. I am surprised by that. How old are you? Did you start working FT right out of undergrad?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:UVA DARDEN, Tepper, Cornell
Send PM
I am 30 now. I also have masters degree in engineering.

May be this is a more polished way of rejecting candidates :-)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi washingtondc627, thanks for replying my post. Your friend is lucky, but I don't think I will be as lucky as he was, given Darden has already denied my full time MBA interview invitation. Besides, I will have 12 years of working experience by matriculation, and just like vicrockz, I already achieved a master degree before. Hence, I am really very very old.... regarding full time MBA application.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
GPA: 3.51
WE 1: 3 years - Engineering
Send PM
greatcamp wrote:
Hi washingtondc627, thanks for replying my post. Your friend is lucky, but I don't think I will be as lucky as he was, given Darden has already denied my full time MBA interview invitation. Besides, I will have 12 years of working experience by matriculation, and just like vicrockz, I already achieved a master degree before. Hence, I am really very very old.... regarding full time MBA application.

I don't see how it could hurt to reach out to the adcom and push for the FT program. Although they're busy, they can't be too frustrated by a polite phone call where you express your true interests. Worst case, they just maintain their current stance.

FT and EMBA are totally different experiences. If it is FT that you're intersted in, I would reach out and see what their reservations are. I highly doubt it is age...I've seen Darden students in their late 30's in years past. If it's a stastical element, such as your GPA or GMAT, work with them to demonstrate that your extra experience and ability to contribute to the Darden environment is worth the hit that they might take in their average scores on these elements. Darden, with their general management emphasis and case-based learning method, is the best environment for someone with your experiences.

Let us know how it turns out.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V33
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.63
WE:Corporate Finance (Consulting)
Send PM
Hey guys - I re-took the GMAT on Saturday and ended up with a 720, which is way better than my original 650! Since I already applied to Darden, and interviewed, I sent admissions an email asking if they would consider my new score.. somebody from the office responded and asked for my split, but I'm not sure if that means she will be able to put my new score in front of the AdCom. Do you guys have any thoughts?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 76
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Hi Darden applicants! FYI if you're applying through the Consortium Graduate Study in Management (CGSM), hop over to the Consortium 2012 Forum and Update Your Profile to reflect that you are applying through the Consortium.

It's simple. Just select your school as "Consortium, the", then indicate which specific institution(s) you'll be applying to and the Consortium round you'll be applying in. You can do all of this easily through the handy 'Add to Your Schools' link on the front page of the Consortium 2012 Forum.

We have a special analytics specifically for those candidates applying via Consortium and lots of useful tips for your application and assessment of your candidacy.

Cheers!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
jsundare wrote:
Hey guys - I re-took the GMAT on Saturday and ended up with a 720, which is way better than my original 650! Since I already applied to Darden, and interviewed, I sent admissions an email asking if they would consider my new score.. somebody from the office responded and asked for my split, but I'm not sure if that means she will be able to put my new score in front of the AdCom. Do you guys have any thoughts?

If they asked for your splits, I think that means they will add it to your app. Just how I would read this.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [2]
Send PM
Kudos

Originally posted by washingtondc627 on 05 Dec 2011, 17:39.
Last edited by washingtondc627 on 05 Jan 2012, 11:57, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
washingtondc627 wrote:
Darden wrote:
Actually this year decisions are released really soon, you get to know before Christmas!

Brace yourself for a dumb question, but:

They said that the decision date is 12/21 - are you implying that they're going to let us know before that? Or did you mean "really soon" as in "way earlier than last year's round 1?"

Man, I've never been this nervous/stressed about something like this before. If this is what chicks feel like when they're waiting by their phone for a guy to call them back or ask them out on a date, then I feel really bad for them.

Yes, I think that's what the previous poster meant. You'll find out on 12/21 or maybe a day sooner...and this is earlier than last year.

Interviewed today. I think it was a positive experience. Pretty casual.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Regarding age, have not seen many non-military students in 30s at Darden.

I personally feel there are all reasons to pursue full time MBA till early 30s. came across many more older candidates at other similar schools such as Ross or Fuqua though. You may want to consider those as well.

Originally posted by reapplicant on 06 Dec 2011, 12:36.
Last edited by reapplicant on 06 Dec 2011, 12:52, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
I think I should give up hope on an interview invite. R1 consortium applicant here with median statistics. Maybe sometime in the next two days or so, otherwise, it will probably not happen.

Good luck to everyone!!! I really love the school and program.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM

Originally posted by washingtondc627 on 06 Dec 2011, 12:48.
Last edited by washingtondc627 on 05 Jan 2012, 11:57, edited 1 time in total.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1227 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Schools:University of Virginia
Send PM
Just to add on to the interview invitation note: invites WILL go out up until the end of day on decision date. It has happened and it will happen. I know the anxiety that goes along with it but not all hope is lost. Sure, the number of students getting an interview invite on decision date will not be a lot, but there will be a few.
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
bakfed wrote:
Just to add on to the interview invitation note: invites WILL go out up until the end of day on decision date. It has happened and it will happen. I know the anxiety that goes along with it but not all hope is lost. Sure, the number of students getting an interview invite on decision date will not be a lot, but there will be a few.

Thanks I hope that you are right!

I think I am falling into the trap of over thinking all elements of my application. It just seems like the interview invite momentum has calmed down and will continue to calm down as we quickly approach the decision date. Anyway, ill keep my hopes up but my expectations not to high.

Best of luck to everyone applying!!!!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  15   16   17   18   19   20   21  ...  57   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts