Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 01:18 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 01:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 3.59
WE:Corporate Finance (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: Anderson FEMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
I see the link to my offer letter detailing the next steps in my home page. I suppose they are rolling this out in phases so hold fort

shoot4greatness wrote:
USCTrojan2006 wrote:
Should have a link that leads to an official decision letter. It's not going to explicitly state the decision in black bold letters.

Hey Trojan,

When I loggin, my status just says submitted. Only link I see is Application for Admission. When I click on the link, it says, "Congratulation, Michael (my name)! Your application has been successfully submitted." I don't see any link leading to an official decision letter. What does the link say?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 3.59
Send PM
Interesting.....Maybe they are rolling things out slowly.

shoot4greatness wrote:
USCTrojan2006 wrote:
Should have a link that leads to an official decision letter. It's not going to explicitly state the decision in black bold letters.

Hey Trojan,

When I loggin, my status just says submitted. Only link I see is Application for Admission. When I click on the link, it says, "Congratulation, Michael (my name)! Your application has been successfully submitted." I don't see any link leading to an official decision letter. What does the link say?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Technology, General Management
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
i see a link under the section 'Decision Status: Available beginning 12/9/2011'
The link takes me to my admit letter
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36
GPA: 2.83
WE:Web Development (Education)
Send PM
Yeah don't panic yet if you don't see it. They said 12/9 but I saw it during the evening on 12/8 so it doesn't seem like everyone's status is updated at the same time.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.11
Send PM
Official decision: Waitlisted.

At least it's not an outright ding. I'm actually in line for a promotion at work. That's the only thing that might help me get in. At least I have a backup school. :)

Congrats to all of you guys who got in!! :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Dinged. Gotta wait for other schools now. Congrats to all!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.11
Send PM
I have a "waitlist feedback" appointment on January 10. Once I know why I'm on the waitlist, I can update my application materials.

Does anybody know what percentage of waitlisters eventually get admitted to FEMBA?

Posted from my mobile device

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 680 Q42 V41
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Anyone here from San Diego? It'd be nice to set up an SD FEMBA happy hour for all who got in this past round so we can all get to know each other.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
Send PM
amylucha wrote:
I have a "waitlist feedback" appointment on January 10. Once I know why I'm on the waitlist, I can update my application materials.

Does anybody know what percentage of waitlisters eventually get admitted to FEMBA?

According to Bloomberg Businessweek, 24% get in off the waitlist.

https://www.businessweek.com/bschools/ra ... /ucla.html

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Hi Guys,
I am applying for R2. Just took my GMAT last weekend, and I got a 630, Q-47, V-30 AWA 5.0
I'm 34 yrs old, I have 6 years WE in IT, work for a Fortune 500 in the LA area. I hold two Masters degree in Engineering, and a bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering. What are my chances of admission at UCLA Anderson for FEMBA 2012.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
drealuv wrote:
Anyone here from San Diego? It'd be nice to set up an SD FEMBA happy hour for all who got in this past round so we can all get to know each other.

Anyone from OC?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
Send PM
derekjbj wrote:
Hi Guys,
I am applying for R2. Just took my GMAT last weekend, and I got a 630, Q-47, V-30 AWA 5.0
I'm 34 yrs old, I have 6 years WE in IT, work for a Fortune 500 in the LA area. I hold two Masters degree in Engineering, and a bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering. What are my chances of admission at UCLA Anderson for FEMBA 2012.

I am no adcom member but here is my opinion fwiw.

From BB/BW here are the GMAT distributions for the previous (2014) class.
10% - 640, 25% - 660, 50% - 690, 75% - 710, 90% - 730

Your GMAT score is in the bottom 10th percentile. Your verbal score is quite low, even for an engineer. Was this your first shot at the GMAT?

That being said, you do have good work experience (Fortune 500). Hopefully you can show career progression with increasing responsibilities and hopefully some supervision of people in there especially at your age. One thing I would be careful with is the "why an MBA" question. You already have 2 masters and now you want to get an MBA - just make sure you can tie your future career goals to obtaining an MBA and why 2 masters in engineer are not enough.

Good luck!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Congratulations to all of you that made it in. To those that didn't...keep your heads up and take pride in a lot of hard work in a competitive applicant pool; having the guts to aspire for more puts you a head taller than the rest in my book. Five years ago, I got dinged from Johnson (Cornell) two years in a row. Five years later I found a home at Anderson, and I cannot imagine being anywhere else. I know that Dylan was really excited about all of you applicants, and spoke highly of you at last night's open house for prospective round 2 and 3 people.

Some current students will be reaching out to admits and look forward to learning more about you and offering our experience to you should you have any onboarding questions or anything else that you didn't want to ask admissions directors or staff during the application process. Congrats again to all of you starting this next phase of your lives (at Anderson and elsewhere) and best wishes to you and yours this holiday season.

Best regards,

Andy Bruin
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Derek,

It sounds like you are accomplished. Forget the stats...the die is cast and I wouldn't belabour the points. Dylan and FEMBA want to know about YOU. Everyone in contention has a lot under their belt and a lot to contribute, but find your honest voice and convey who you are and why you want to be here. Honestly, the GMAT, GPA and experience allow people into the conversation, and based on your numbers, you are in it. The lion's share of your time, should be spent finding your voice and desire for why you want to be at Anderson. How do you lead, and facilitate change? My classmates are dynamic as hell and amazing to work with, but I do not benefit from their GPA or GMAT. My classmates are awesome people with sweet experiences. Sell yours. BTW...surrounded by engineers in my section--good people! Best of luck!

Andy Bruin
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Andy
Thanks for the response. I am working on essays and hopefully will be able to turn in my application by the first week of Jan 2012
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Does anyone know the total cost of the program? The only information I can find is the 1st year "fee" which is $36,000 (not including books, materials, fees, etc). Is this really the fee for each of the 3 years for a total of $108,000?

If that's the case, then it's more expensive than Marshall MBA.PM, which is $108,000 BUT INCLUDES fees, books, parking, etc.

Is it true that UCLA is actually more expensive than USC? Can anyone chime in on this?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Concentration: Marketing & Entrepreneurship
Schools:UCLA Anderson FEMBA Class of 2014
Send PM
Kudos
suwaguman wrote:
Does anyone know the total cost of the program? The only information I can find is the 1st year "fee" which is $36,000 (not including books, materials, fees, etc). Is this really the fee for each of the 3 years for a total of $108,000?

If that's the case, then it's more expensive than Marshall MBA.PM, which is $108,000 BUT INCLUDES fees, books, parking, etc.

Is it true that UCLA is actually more expensive than USC? Can anyone chime in on this?

That's correct, annual tuition is about ~$36k for UCLA FEMBA. If I remember correctly, when I was applying last year, the difference was that USC's fees are not locked in, meaning each year it can go up and at the end of your program cost more than UCLA's. UCLA's is locked in the year you apply for the remainder of the program. The 2012 FEMBA Class actually has books included in their fees and they were locked in at a lower rate than our class.

On another note, I wouldn't focus too much about the difference of a few thousand dollars. Not saying it's not important, but your decision should be based more on fit with the program than which is a few thousand cheaper.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  15   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts