Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 08:29 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
WE:Business Development (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: General Management
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
alliwant4xmas wrote:
anyone else with invites? you'd get notified via email, correct? i need to stop staring at my phone...*fingers crossed*

Yes, e-mail.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: LEAD Program in Business, NSHMBA, NBMBAA
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [1]
Given Kudos: 77
Concentration: General Management
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Stern applicants! FYI if you're applying to Stern through the Consortium Graduate Study in Management (CGSM), hop over to the Consortium 2012 Forum and Update Your Profile to reflect that you are applying through the Consortium.

It's simple. Just select your school as "Consortium, the", then indicate which specific institution(s) you'll be applying to and the Consortium round you'll be applying in. You can do all of this easily through the handy 'Add to Your Schools' link on the front page of the Consortium 2012 Forum.

We have a special analytics specifically for those candidates applying via Consortium and lots of useful tips for your application and assessment of your candidacy.

Cheers!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 760 Q43 V50
GPA: 3.54
WE:Accounting (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
Yes! Email received 11am NY time.

Only seem to be times available in December though, which is going to be a struggle to get to NY from Europe for. What with work etc.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 76
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Have any Consortium applicants heard anything back yet?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
kickinback wrote:

Only seem to be times available in December though, which is going to be a struggle to get to NY from Europe for. What with work etc.

Congrats!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72880 [0]
Given Kudos: 18866
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Congratulations All!

If you are waiting for invites or getting them, please join us in the chat

https://gmatclub.com/chat
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
kickinback wrote:

Congrats kickinback! When did you submit your application?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Real Estate, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.33
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
kickinback wrote:

When did you submit your application? Thanks in advance!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
Just had my interview with a member of the admissions committee. It was about 30 minutes long and very friendly/casual. It went by really quick. They gave me a Stern t-shirt when I signed-in as well as a packet of information about Stern that is specifically tailored to my interests. The interviewer had a glass of water on her desk waiting for me when I walked into the room. She started by giving me a background about herself and then jumped into questions. Questions were as follows (not necessarily in this order but it's the best I could recall from memory):

- Walk me through your resume
- What have you learned in your current job that will help you in your future goals?
- Describe what you do at your job
- If your goals do not pan out, do you have alternative career choices?
- What do you consider to be your greatest achievement at work? Greatest failure?
- Can you reiterate your short-term goals?
- Is there anything you want to tell me that I have not already asked you?
- What do you plan on doing at Stern while you are here?
- What convinced you to apply to Stern?
- Do you have any questions for me?

As most of you probably know, the interviews are NOT blind. The interviewer has thoroughly read your application beforehand and will ask you questions about your goals and ambitions. Make sure you have a thorough knowledge of the school, its programs and culture, extracurricular activities, etc. Do your research please. Stern is huge on "fit". She told me that it sounds like I knew a lot about Stern already and "did [my] homework".

She told me to expect a decision back before the holidays - i.e. in two weeks or less. Talk about fast.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.69
WE:Marketing (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
smapplicant wrote:
Just had my interview with a member of the admissions committee. It was about 30 minutes long and very friendly/casual. It went by really quick. They gave me a Stern t-shirt when I signed-in as well as a packet of information about Stern that is specifically tailored to my interests. The interviewer had a glass of water on her desk waiting for me when I walked into the room. She started by giving me a background about herself and then jumped into questions. Questions were as follows (not necessarily in this order but it's the best I could recall from memory):

- What have you learned in your current job that will help you in your future goals?
- What do you consider to be your greatest achievement at work? Greatest failure?

As most of you probably know, the interviews are NOT blind. The interviewer has thoroughly read your application beforehand and will ask you questions about your goals and ambitions. Make sure you have a thorough knowledge of the school, its programs and culture, extracurricular activities, etc. Do your research please. Stern is huge on "fit". She told me that it sounds like I knew a lot about Stern already and "did [my] homework".

She told me to expect a decision back before the holidays - i.e. in two weeks or less. Talk about fast.

wow, that IS fast! sounds like it went well! i know that the interviews are not blind and with an adcom member so i'm kinda surprised that they asked questions that you already addressed in your essays...maybe to check that your stories are consistent?

very nice to have a custom tailored packet for you.

are interviews only on-campus? i know it's with the adcom but i thought that maybe they traveled and had hub centers like hbs.

starting to feel a little anxious since i haven't received anything yet...but if it correlates to when your app was submitted i guess i still have some time to wait.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
chynaxdawl wrote:
smapplicant wrote:

wow, that IS fast! sounds like it went well! i know that the interviews are not blind and with an adcom member so i'm kinda surprised that they asked questions that you already addressed in your essays...maybe to check that your stories are consistent?

very nice to have a custom tailored packet for you.

are interviews only on-campus? i know it's with the adcom but i thought that maybe they traveled and had hub centers like hbs.

starting to feel a little anxious since i haven't received anything yet...but if it correlates to when your app was submitted i guess i still have some time to wait.

I am pretty sure an overwhelming majority of interviews are on campus. Isser Gallogly specifically emphasized that in the "Inside the Stern MBA Admissions Office" posting that there is a link to in this forum. I don't think they have too many (if any at all) hub interviews. I also got the sense that applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received (that's the vibe I got from my interviewer). I submitted mine early September which is >2 months before the deadline so I would not worry too much if I were you. My early submission was probably why I got an earlier interview invite. They will release interview invites up to and including the decision deadline for this round. She said they have not released that many invitations yet. They just started reviewing applications recently and will review more throughout January.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 760 Q43 V50
GPA: 3.54
WE:Accounting (Investment Banking)
Send PM
ls413 wrote:
kickinback wrote:

Congrats kickinback! When did you submit your application?

Day before the deadline I think. Certainly pretty late in the round, no more than two days before. I think my second recommendation was sent on the last day.

I spoke to the adcom and the Jan 2012 dates will be released in next week in case anyone is interested.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi all,

I'm applying for the January 15 deadline. I am a US citizen and currently reside in NYC. However, I am going to Switzerland to study French for a month just after January 15. If I am lucky enough to get an interview invitation, would it be possible for them to arrange for an interview in Switzerland. I'll be close to Geneva, so I'm sure there are alumni there. Otherwise, is it more advisable to fly back to New York?

How much notice is given prior to the proposed interview date?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
jrc3286 wrote:
Hi all,

I'm applying for the January 15 deadline. I am a US citizen and currently reside in NYC. However, I am going to Switzerland to study French for a month just after January 15. If I am lucky enough to get an interview invitation, would it be possible for them to arrange for an interview in Switzerland. I'll be close to Geneva, so I'm sure there are alumni there. Otherwise, is it more advisable to fly back to New York?

How much notice is given prior to the proposed interview date?

I'm sure you would have plenty of time to schedule an interview for when you get back to NYC. I wouldn't worry too much about it if you are only going to be gone for a month. Otherwise, since you are from NYC, they might expect, or even require, you to interview in NYC. Keep in mind, I am neither an expert nor invited for an interview yet, so take what I say with a grain of salt.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools:Stern '13
Send PM
Even though you may not be from anywhere near NYC, I highly recommend that you opt to come in for an interview. Stern interviews only candidates that it is serious about, so a good interview would likely be rewarded. If you don't want to come to NY for an interview it isn't an automatic ding but I don't think they like that too much.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Only 2 interview invites so far? Anyone besides smapplicant and kickinback?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Quiet thread...anyone get interviews today? Batman, I also submitted my application a few minutes before the deadline. I'm not expecting to hear anything for another couple weeks but it shouldn't take until mid-February.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  36   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts