Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 10:22 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 10:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 81
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.62
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Yale SOM 2012 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2014) [#permalink]
curandom8 wrote:
Does anyone know how the application screen looks after acceptance?

Right now when I log in I get the single line screen that shows: 2012 Round 1 Submitted, with "2012 Round 1" a link to the application itself. Does anyone know if this "Submitted" changes to Accepted, Waitlisted, and Rejected (or some other less harsh word)?

It usually doesn't say anything on the application screen, but has a link to 'Your application decision' where you have the official letter from Bruce. If they really are doing the calls this year, this will mainly be a formality for those who've been accepted.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools:Yale SOM Class of 2013
 Q47  V41
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
You will likely hear later this afternoon or tomorrow - they were still finalizing the list yesterday. Good luck and keep the hope up and go do something fun instead of staring at your phones. (I know, easy for me to say) Also, you will get calls, so no use in checking your application status.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
btk wrote:
You will likely hear later this afternoon or tomorrow - they were still finalizing the list yesterday. Good luck and keep the hope up and go do something fun instead of staring at your phones. (I know, easy for me to say) Also, you will get calls, so no use in checking your application status.

You happen to catch a glimpse of that list btk? Jk jk, I figure I'd ask to lighten the mood...
Manager
Manager
 Q47  V41
Send PM
curandom8 wrote:
btk wrote:

You happen to catch a glimpse of that list btk? Jk jk, I figure I'd ask to lighten the mood...

You guys are all on it! Now, go get a drink to celebrate. Also, something to look forward to - a year from now when you are finishing your finals, Student Academic Services will have a champagne party at lunch for you!
Intern
Intern
btk wrote:

Calls even for internationals? I'm in Hong Kong btw.

Turning in...
Manager
Manager
 Q47  V41
Send PM
antimosq wrote:
btk wrote:

Calls even for internationals? I'm in Hong Kong btw.

Turning in...

Emails for people abroad, but some kind of notification before your status changes was my point.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I'm going to call it a day for board refreshing. I believe the office closes around 4:30pm (although they might be working late). Good luck to everyone tomorrow!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Oh boy!!! When will this wait end. Each paasing minute turns a new knot in my gut.
Intern
Intern
10 hrs guys. It'll all end in 10 hrs.

I'm gonna do some serious gmail webpage refreshing today.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Good luck to everyone this morning/afternoon! While I've resigned myself to a ding, let's hope for the best!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
curandom8 wrote:
Good luck to everyone this morning/afternoon! While I've resigned myself to a ding, let's hope for the best!

Did you not interview?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
tranceparent wrote:
curandom8 wrote:

Did you not interview?

I did interview, but it didn't go well and I'm not a strong candidate to say the least.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
curandom8 wrote:
I did interview, but it didn't go well and I'm not a strong candidate to say the least.

I hear a lot of times people do better than they think they did on the iview. Look at it this way, if you felt grilled in the interview, perhaps the interviewer was genuinely interested in your candidacy and wanted to check you out.

It ain't over till Susan Boyle sings, so chin up!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
tranceparent wrote:
curandom8 wrote:

I hear a lot of times people do better than they think they did on the iview. Look at it this way, if you felt grilled in the interview, perhaps the interviewer was genuinely interested in your candidacy and wanted to check you out.

It ain't over till Susan Boyle sings, so chin up!

One can only hope. I had a similar experience. My interviewer and I did not get along at all. I felt grilled the whole time. I'd like to say that was just his style, but I know a bomb when I see it. I'm resigned to a ding too :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V47
GPA: 3.58
WE:Design (Other)
I don't know why I bother checking the forums - just makes my heart jump up through my neck. Still, I find a certain amount of comfort in the fact that so many of you out there are in the same boat. I'm gonna miss you people, whoever you are.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
NeilKC wrote:
I don't know why I bother checking the forums - just makes my heart jump up through my neck. Still, I find a certain amount of comfort in the fact that so many of you out there are in the same boat. I'm gonna miss you people, whoever you are.

I agree. It's just nice to pass the time with other incredibly nervous people. If 2010 is the benchmark, then the calls should start flowing at 10:30am. If 2009 is benchmark, we will be waiting until 3pm. Fingers crossed we hear from someone in 30 minutes!
Intern
Intern
Is it that this year's competition is extremely hot? How come no one has heard anything yet?...
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  42   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts