Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:41 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V38
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
WE:Pharmaceuticals (Health Care)
Send PM
Re: UCLA Anderson 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
kidchaos wrote:
healthcareguy wrote:
NBN wrote:
That email made me suffer. For us international applicants this can mean we will not be included in this early release...?

Good luck to all and me!

Why do you say that? Also, where are you located if you don't mind me asking?

No internationals have received any interview invites so far.

Really? Not even those foreign citizens that live in the States?

And I thought the whole let's-work-our-way-down-GMAT-scores interview invitation routine was strange!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [1]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Kudos
its kind of messed up for the adcom to talk about holiday cheer, etc. when they knowingly will have to reject 85 to 90% of applications....

IMHO, the update should be a bit more to the point. If any adcom is reading this, I appreciate the positive spirit and the improved app this year, but lets rethink this previous communication. :|
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
Well said humphy. This note seemed to just be for the folks who are going to get accepted which will by far not be the majority, especially with the spike in applicants this year. I would have appreciated if they toned it down a bit and didn't bury the lead that some admits are coming very soon and more admits and invites are coming after the holidays. I'm happy they are enjoying their iPads but I'm a little too concerned about my future to share their enthusiasm for 'em. The "best side of LA" thing made me laugh. I'm sure this wasn't what was intended, but I read as it's the school on the good side of town (erm, sorry USC).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hey guys,

I've been reading these boards for a while but this is my first post. I am an international applicant living in the San Francisco Bay Area, and just wanted to confirm that I already had my interview with UCLA Anderson. I interviewed last Friday on December 9th.

So for my fellow internationals out there, Anderson has been giving out interviews, but maybe just to ones living in the US? Has anyone outside the US gotten an interview yet?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [1]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Kudos
misscongeniality wrote:
Well said humphy. This note seemed to just be for the folks who are going to get accepted which will by far not be the majority, especially with the spike in applicants this year. I would have appreciated if they toned it down a bit and didn't bury the lead that some admits are coming very soon and more admits and invites are coming after the holidays. I'm happy they are enjoying their iPads but I'm a little too concerned about my future to share their enthusiasm for 'em. The "best side of LA" thing made me laugh. I'm sure this wasn't what was intended, but I read as it's the school on the good side of town (erm, sorry USC).

hear hear.. lol. The ipad thing made me crack a smile... here I am stopped dead in my tracks (literally in the middle of the sidewalk) looking at that email, beading sweat and eyes darting around for words like "unfortunately", "competitive applicant pool", "strong candidates", and UCLA wants to tell me about their improved IT systems. Its like getting a call back from a prospective employer after an interview only to have them tell you they bought a new pair of Ferragamo shoes or something, and oh by the way they are still thinking about your candidacy.

..and make no mistake about the "best side of LA", that was an intentional dig at USC! blue and gold vs cardinal and gold runs deep here, but its part of the fun.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Statistics, Finance
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Research (Consulting)
Send PM
So it looks like a few of us will have some good news by December 21st this year. I swear my entire head of hair is going to be gray come December 22nd...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
humphy wrote:
hear hear.. lol. The ipad thing made me crack a smile... here I am stopped dead in my tracks (literally in the middle of the sidewalk) looking at that email, beading sweat and eyes darting around for words like "unfortunately", "competitive applicant pool", "strong candidates", and UCLA wants to tell me about their improved IT systems. Its like getting a call back from a prospective employer after an interview only to have them tell you they bought a new pair of Ferragamo shoes or something, and oh by the way they are still thinking about your candidacy.

..and make no mistake about the "best side of LA", that was an intentional dig at USC! blue and gold vs cardinal and gold runs deep here, but its part of the fun.

Ha! They should have just gone with: "Here are Anderson where we're busy playing Words with Friends on our diamond-encrusted iPad 3s, we wish you a happy no-invites-or-admits-for-a-week-and-a-half season but are still thinking about deploying our admissions robots to warmly welcome you to Anderson in the fall of 2012. Or we might just admit one of the robots instead of you and see if it can get a job at UBS! Isn't that exciting to you? Go Bruins!!!!"
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General
Schools:Anderson, Darden
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Still no news, I thought this week would bring some happy emails from California :).
Indian applicant here.
Any idea, when did they start inviting internationals last year?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
That email was a little frustrating. Do you think if you already had an interview and you don't hear before Dec. 22 you probably didn't get in?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: Wharton - Class of 2014
GPA: 3.91
Send PM
jlk wrote:
That email was a little frustrating. Do you think if you already had an interview and you don't hear before Dec. 22 you probably didn't get in?

Ahhhh I hope not! That would make me really nervous.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
...was thinking the same thing. It will be a tough holiday if the call doesn't come.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: Wharton - Class of 2014
GPA: 3.91
Send PM
My status on the online app page has changed to this:

"Your MBA application is currently being reviewed by the admissions committee, with interview input included, and a decision will be released soon."

No email, I just randomly decided to check. lol
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Nonprofit
GPA: 3.81
Send PM
hogwarts wrote:
My status on the online app page has changed to this:

"Your MBA application is currently being reviewed by the admissions committee, with interview input included, and a decision will be released soon."

No email, I just randomly decided to check. lol

Same change here. Way to keep an eye out!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
My status changed to that as well. That must've changed today because my status was unchanged when I checked this morning. Perhaps some calls before the end of the day today?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Does anyone have the feeling that some of the people they have interviewed so far most likely will not accept the offer if admitted (this is just a generalization, as I've seen a lot of those with interviews have some hefty gmat scores)? Anderson's essay questions this year are virtually identical to Columbia's and, now that they have eliminated the video essay, it may have been much easier for people to "throw" in an application. I wonder what their yield rate will look like this year...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hey ls - congrats on the Booth admit! It's a good point... I "threw in" the Anderson app in Round 1 because it was identical to Booth's essays (which was my #1 choice... dinged without interview ughh). I'm sure that I am not the only one to do this. I believe Anderson's yield was under 50% last year, so it's something they are used to dealing with. I ended up loving Anderson after the visit though, and it has quickly jumped to the front of my list.

Originally posted by Jingle on 16 Dec 2011, 15:27.
Last edited by Jingle on 16 Dec 2011, 22:37, edited 2 times in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Jingle wrote:
Hey ls - congrats on the Booth admit! It's a good point... I "threw in" the Anderson app in Round 1 because it was identical to Booth's essays (which was my #1 choice... dinged without interview ughh). I'm sure that I am not the only one to do this. I believe Anderson's yield was under 50% last year, so it's something they are used to dealing with.

Thanks for the congrats, Jingle. It's funny - I got into Booth which, don't get me wrong, I am very excited about. However, I really loved Anderson, as I am looking to pursue a career in the entertainment field. Unfortunately, Booth does not have the entertainment concentration or ties to the industry that Anderson has.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16  ...  48   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts