Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 01:29 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 01:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: UCLA Anderson 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
Admitted!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Nonprofit
GPA: 3.81
Send PM
Kudos
In! Got the email at 6:15am EST to check decision. Yayay!

Same question as krazo - anyone know how fellowships work? was anyone offered one with their admission?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.51
WE:Engineering (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Kudos
Same! Admitted @ 6:15am, but no mention of fellowship.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
WE:Pharmaceuticals (Health Care)
Send PM
kidchaos wrote:
mayashrin wrote:
Ditto. International. Nothing. Im pretty sure it has to be a ding now. There is no way they will admit you without an interview :P

Uhhh... You think they're are going to ding all internationals??? Obviously not. Lets wait and watch. They did say tht they were moving geographically. So no point in being negative.

According to the email this morning, more interview invites will be sent out in January. I still find it hard to believe that no one has reported an interview invite since Dec 2 - 18 days ago!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
healthcareguy wrote:
kidchaos wrote:
mayashrin wrote:
Ditto. International. Nothing. Im pretty sure it has to be a ding now. There is no way they will admit you without an interview :P

Uhhh... You think they're are going to ding all internationals??? Obviously not. Lets wait and watch. They did say tht they were moving geographically. So no point in being negative.

According to the email this morning, more interview invites will be sent out in January. I still find it hard to believe that no one has reported an interview invite since Dec 2 - 18 days ago!!

International and just got in having interviewed 2 weeks ago.

There are still a lot to come I'm sure. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Leadership, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
Kudos
Admitted this morning, also at 6:15 Eastern Time. No fellowship or scholarship mention. Good luck to everyone!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: Wharton - Class of 2014
GPA: 3.91
Send PM
Kudos
I'm in too! Congrats everyone! Yay!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Send PM
Congrats to all fellow admits!

I think this is an appropriate video for this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWbXQQG9B6c
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Leadership, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
Haha, or for those already in CA, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Jp20gOwlS4
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.77
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
krazo wrote:
Got an admit too!

:)

Do they communicate fellowships in the portal?

Congrats to all who were admitted and best of luck to those still in the process.

FYI I too received an email at 6:15 PT. My current status in the admissions website is "You have been admitted by the MBA program at UCLA Anderson, and your admission will be finalized when all your required documents and deposit have been received and approved." I too am unsure about fellowship status and am curious if any others have information regarding fellowships, though I kind of doubt it considering admission decisions were made a few hours ago and Anderson has their holiday vacation starting soon.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT Date: 01-13-2010
Send PM
for those of us that interviewed already and not admitted today, im guessing probably ding?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q46 V51
GPA: 3.98
WE:Accounting (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
thundering wrote:
for those of us that interviewed already and not admitted today, im guessing probably ding?
thundering wrote:

I had the same thought. My status still says "We reviewed your application with interest and would like to learn more with a personal interview. Please watch your email for our updates" and hasn't changed in about a month. They keep saying they'll send out more interview invites, but they haven't been clear at all about what this means if we've already interviewed. Doesn't seem like a great sign though.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
Send PM
Kudos
thundering wrote:

I had the same thought. My status still says "We reviewed your application with interest and would like to learn more with a personal interview. Please watch your email for our updates" and hasn't changed in about a month. They keep saying they'll send out more interview invites, but they haven't been clear at all about what this means if we've already interviewed. Doesn't seem like a great sign though.

I'm in the same boat, so can see where you are coming from. BUT, I doubt the admissions process is as structured as we (like to) think it is. Of course, not everyone that receives an interview will be admitted, but at the same time, we have absolutely no visibility on the criteria for the "Dec admits". Perhaps they are just the really obvious candidates and UCLA wants to somehow reel them in asap.

There are loads of other people still waiting for an interview, and I guess we are in the "no-slam-dunk-but-definitely-interesting-enough-to-interview" group. Unless you came to your interview dressed like a clown and somehow managed to weave the words "Stanford" and "HBS" into every answer, I think we are fine. They will have more visibility as they interview more and more people after the holidays. So while this could have been a nice early Christmas present, I think we should just wait and see what happens on Jan 25th.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V35
GPA: 2.9
Send PM
Is that the only batch they are sending out before the break?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT Date: 01-13-2010
Send PM
mikemo13 wrote:
thundering wrote:

I'm in the same boat, so can see where you are coming from. BUT, I doubt the admissions process is as structured as we (like to) think it is. Of course, not everyone that receives an interview will be admitted, but at the same time, we have absolutely no visibility on the criteria for the "Dec admits". Perhaps they are just the really obvious candidates and UCLA wants to somehow reel them in asap.

There are loads of other people still waiting for an interview, and I guess we are in the "no-slam-dunk-but-definitely-interesting-enough-to-interview" group. Unless you came to your interview dressed like a clown and somehow managed to weave the words "Stanford" and "HBS" into every answer, I think we are fine. They will have more visibility as they interview more and more people after the holidays. So while this could have been a nice early Christmas present, I think we should just wait and see what happens on Jan 25th.

thanks for talking me off the cliff, mikemo. it's a cruel game we play with ourselves. still discouraging though :/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Marketing
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
I was invited to interview on December 2nd, and did not get good news today. Did anyone from the December 2nd round get accepted today? I did my interview last week.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
I got my invite 12/2 and interviewed 12/10. No news for me :(
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  13   14   15   16   17   18   19  ...  48   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert