Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 20:45 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 20:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [2]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: International Business, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
WE:Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT Date: 02-10-2012
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
GMAT 1: 600 Q44 V29
GPA: 2.4
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: finally DONE! 740 Q49 V42 [#permalink]
Quote:
The next 5 weeks consisted of a full CAT on Saturday or Sunday and casual review of the Manhattan guides or a 20 question question bank on weeknights when I finished work. If you regularly read through the experience posts here you will see a trend of people consistently working on their weaknesses and this is crucial to make sure you are strong across the board on test day.

Good Advise
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT Date: 06-30-2012
GPA: 3.7
WE:Accounting (Insurance)
Send PM
If you do not learn from your errors, you have wasted your time. If you do not learn from a question, you have wasted your time.

Thanks for reinforcing that... and CONGRATS! That is an amazing score!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Business - Finance
Schools:Columbia Business School, Goizueta, Sloan
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Thanks for your debrief.

While I am not from Hungary, I am considering to take the test in Budapest. This might seem strange but what can you tell me about the test center? Was everything set up perfectly and is it a good place to take the test?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: International Business, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
WE:Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Laker7 wrote:
Thanks for your debrief.

While I am not from Hungary, I am considering to take the test in Budapest. This might seem strange but what can you tell me about the test center? Was everything set up perfectly and is it a good place to take the test?

Thanks!

I would definitely recommend and actually traveled to Budapest due to a bad experience at my local test center. The building in Budapest is a bit weird and outside of the city but the test center is clean, the people working there are SUPER nice and I was lucky enough to test alone so it made the experience even better. The test room is small I think only 4 computers and got a bit stuffy (they opened the window after quant to air it out during my break). no earplugs provided and you can hear people walking in the hallway but in general i was very happy with the experience in Budapest.

Side note. I don't want to sound like I'm making excuses but there was an issue with the GMAC software at my first test center and I was asked to wait more than an hour (which meant almost 2 since I had arrived early to my appointment). The admin guy was a bit pushy about me taking the test right then once he finally got off the phone with GMAC after feverishly running in and out of the test room... I found out later that I could have requested an appointment the following day (without paying a rescheduling fee) given that it was a software error and GMAC missed my appointment time by more than half an hour.... I couldn't get that out of my head after the exam so I switched locations to have a clean slate and not think about what happened. Worth having in mind in case this happens to any of you
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Business - Finance
Schools:Columbia Business School, Goizueta, Sloan
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Awesome, thank you for your information. It is good to be assured that the test center is great since I will not be able to see it before I get there. Time to get the ear plugs.

BTW, congrats on your score and good luck to you!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts