Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 10:04 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 10:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V47
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [1]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
WE:Marketing (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [1]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 610 Q39 V35
WE:Research (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink]
TheSenator wrote:
I'm just curious what applicants impressions of the schools they visited were? And what did you all do on your visits?

BTW, Alabama is going to win this game. :-D

I visited Duke, Tuck, Olin, Yale and Stern. I loved all of the schools except for Stern (which is why it is not on my list). The vibe at Stern was super competitive and buttoned up, which didn't suit my laid back Californian style at all. Yale, was great and I liked the students although I wish they had more African American students who went there.
I would say Duke and Olin did the best job of making me feel welcome. I visited Olin for the Prospective Student Weekend and they put us up in a hotel where the breakfast was a full buffet including an omelet station. cheetarah1980 you would've loved it!

BTW GO BEARS!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: LEAD Program in Business, NSHMBA, NBMBAA
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 77
Concentration: General Management
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
Send PM
woggy987 wrote:
are Yale R2 interview invites really coming out? That would be an insanely fast read, no? Considering, I sent my app on the consortium R2 deadline, Jan 5th... that means that it only took them 5 days?

Wog,

gablaze23 was the first to report an invite and he is an R2 applicant. Maybe he submitted before Jan. 5? But I suspect they will be rolling over the next few weeks.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
lilpopers wrote:
TheSenator wrote:
I'm just curious what applicants impressions of the schools they visited were? And what did you all do on your visits?

I visited Duke, Tuck, Olin, Yale and Stern. I loved all of the schools except for Stern (which is why it is not on my list). The vibe at Stern was super competitive and buttoned up, which didn't suit my laid back Californian style at all. Yale, was great and I liked the students although I wish they had more African American students who went there.
I would say Duke and Olin did the best job of making me feel welcome. I visited Olin for the Prospective Student Weekend and they put us up in a hotel where the breakfast was a full buffet including an omelet station. cheetarah1980 you would've loved it!

BTW GO BEARS!

Omelets sound amazing right now. Not surprised about Stern... How did you feel about Tuck?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V48
Send PM
Hey guys, to clarify, I was a Round 1 applicant as well, so was waiting a bit with Senator. Pretty crazy how quick they are turning around the Round 2 folks.

And come on now...Patriots...really...I'm still recovering from us (Carolina Panthers) losing in the super bowl to the Pats.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V47
Send PM
ahh, cool. I'll patiently wait then for Yale. are all of its interviews done on campus??
Retired Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 118 [0]
Given Kudos: 123
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
Send PM
TheSenator wrote:
woggy987 wrote:
are Yale R2 interview invites really coming out? That would be an insanely fast read, no? Considering, I sent my app on the consortium R2 deadline, Jan 5th... that means that it only took them 5 days?

Wog,

gablaze23 was the first to report an invite and he is an R2 applicant. Maybe he submitted before Jan. 5? But I suspect they will be rolling over the next few weeks.

Oh I did not get an invite. I am so sorry for the misunderstandIng. I was merely congratulating you guys who got invites.

Pardon my english, it isnt my first language:)

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
woggy987 wrote:
ahh, cool. I'll patiently wait then for Yale. are all of its interviews done on campus??

Everything I can see on the website is in New Haven, CT. 30 minute time slots.

And I guess false alarm on the Round Two folks as gablaze just indicated. BREATHE PEOPLE, BREATHE!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Send PM
JacksonCinco wrote:
Hey guys, to clarify, I was a Round 1 applicant as well, so was waiting a bit with Senator. Pretty crazy how quick they are turning around the Round 2 folks.

And come on now...Patriots...really...I'm still recovering from us (Carolina Panthers) losing in the super bowl to the Pats.

While I never condone the Pats winning ANYTHING, I'm gonna need you to build that bridge and get over it. When was the last time the Pats even won a Super Bowl? Heck, there was a different president in office back then. I am sorry for your loss but it's time to move on to the Giants bandwagon and cheer my team on toward history repeating itself in Lambeau on Sunday.

@lilpopers, did you say omelet station? Would I be wrong for attending prospective students weekends next year even if I'm already enrolled at a school? A girl's gotta eat ya know.
VP
VP
Send PM
btsl84 wrote:
cheetarah1980 wrote:
btsl84 wrote:
Booooo!, TB12 is the truth.

All I have to say to that is November 6, 2011. Why don't you look up what happened to TB12 on that day. Let me help you out just in case:

2 interceptions
Fumble for a loss
Sacked twice

LOSS to NY Giants....AGAIN

Okayyyy, I know we aren't about to get into this. Perfect time for y'all to get lucky in the 07' season. Y'all had a decent win this year. Good thing we have the worst defense in the NFL.

Pats 13-3 #1 seed in AFC
GMEN 9-7 #4 seed in NFC
Tom Brady = 4 SB appearances , 3 rings, multiple MVP's (only all time unanimous MVP winner)
Eli Manning = 1 ring, ZERO MVP's and Peyton's lesser than brother.

See you're about to make me take the earrings off and grab the Vaseline. Don't make me do a Whitley Gilbert Windmill on you.
I think Eli has proven that he is an elite quarterback. The Giants may have struggled for a stretch this season, but ummm, we still whooped up on some Patty a$$, proving that the better team won Super Bowl XLII. No luck needed.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 610 Q39 V35
WE:Research (Venture Capital)
Send PM
I liked Tuck. The students were nice and really candid about their experience at the school. My only negative experience was I arrived after midnight on the Dartmouth Shuttle and couldn't find a taxi to take me to my hotel. I called the taxi company and got an answering machine?? Which basically tells you what type of town Hanover is. I ended up walking (don't know where I was headed) and stumbled upon Six South Hotel which hands down is one of the best hotels I stayed at during my b-school trip. If you want more info on my visit feel free to PM.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V44
GPA: 3.59
Send PM
Wow, I did not mean to trigger all this (friendly) smacktalking about football on this thread before I went to bed last night. Let's keep it cool and not threaten to go Ndamukong Suh on someone (ahem, cheetarah1980!). But nice to see a number of Patriots fans on here.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Consortium
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Whoa, I check GMATCLUB and all I see for two pages is football smacktalk. This is when it's nice to be a diehard fan of the greatest team in NFL history. Regardless of what happened this year because we were battered and bruised, Black and Gold.

6 rings.

Maybe one day one of your teams will get there kiddos :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
WE:Marketing (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
lilpopers wrote:
I liked Tuck. The students were nice and really candid about their experience at the school. My only negative experience was I arrived after midnight on the Dartmouth Shuttle and couldn't find a taxi to take me to my hotel. I called the taxi company and got an answering machine?? Which basically tells you what type of town Hanover is. I ended up walking (don't know where I was headed) and stumbled upon Six South Hotel which hands down is one of the best hotels I stayed at during my b-school trip. If you want more info on my visit feel free to PM.

I actually plan on making the visit tomorrow. Luckily, I will not have to plan to be there overnight. I will say though, Hanover isn't that bad, but as expected, most of the activity there happens on campus.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V44
GPA: 3.59
Send PM
TheSenator wrote:

I visited all the schools I applied to- Haas, Anderson and Marshall. But I gotta say, my Marshall visit was the most surprising. I've worked for a number community-based organizations in South LA (I'm sure you all have heard that USC is in South Central), and they do not have a great reputation in that community. There is always a lot of resistance to their development plans because they want to get bigger, expand into the neighborhood, which threatens affordable housing in the area. But when I attended their diversity event, they were so nice, so helpful, so down-to-earth, so approachable. The most intriguing things they said were, "Once a Trojan, always a Trojan," and "Trojans hire Trojans." You really get a sense that the network is strong and tight, and that's pretty clear if you live in LA.

For whatever reason, I don't get the same feeling of a tight-knit network at UCLA. My boss and co-worker are Bruins and they kinda confirmed this when I asked them about it.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Jacksparrow1906 wrote:
lilpopers wrote:

I actually plan on making the visit tomorrow. Luckily, I will not have to plan to be there overnight. I will say though, Hanover isn't that bad, but as expected, most of the activity there happens on campus.

Let us know how things go.
VP
VP
Send PM
MoveTheChains wrote:
Wow, I did not mean to trigger all this (friendly) smacktalking about football on this thread before I went to bed last night. Let's keep it cool and not threaten to go Ndamukong Suh on someone (ahem, cheetarah1980!). But nice to see a number of Patriots fans on here.

But btsl started it!! And Suh is my countryman. Big up to Cameroon!

Besides the food, the other thing that I took note of during prospective students/diversity weekends was the other prospective students. One of the things that totally sold me on Kellogg (I know it's non Consortium) and Johnson was the camaraderie that I felt with the other prospective students. I felt like they were people I wanted to go to school with. I didn't really have that feeling @ NYU (at least not to the same extent). For me school visits were all about assessing fit. If I was visiting I already knew I liked their offerings and curriculum.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
Kudos
GUFFAW! Sorry I am sensitive to my Patriots. Boston is THE sports town. I'd like to echo the positive experiences at both Tuck and Johnson. Seemed to mesh more with the students at Johnson but that may be because I spent more time with them than at Tuck. I know two current students at Tuck that I went to undergrad with so they were really able to sell me on the school. Not to mention the facilities are top notch when you include housing and classrooms that connect underground. Hanover or Ithaca doesn't really change things b/c we are going to be extremely busy with MBA related activities so, at the end of the day, location doesn't matter (at least to me). All about fit, fit, fit. And proximity to Boston so I can see my Patriots on tv.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  26   27   28   29   30  ...  118   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts