Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 18:03 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 18:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
CIO
CIO
Own Kudos [?]: 1357 [0]
Given Kudos: 334
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Any idea what the turnaround time is between the submission of the application and the interview invite?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
City: San Francisco
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM
Seems like the PT threads are pretty dead in general. The only reason I'm even here is because I'm part of 3 other FT threads lol.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
I am applying R2 as well
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
City: San Francisco
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM
Welcome manupb, lets revive this thread!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
Send PM
Anyone hear any news at all yet from round 1? Probably too early but you never know. I read last year people who applied to multiple programs received their decision early.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
I haven't heard back yet. I see that the decision date for R1 is Feb 10th. Do they announce the results earlier? And how does school know that an applicant has applied to multiple programs for them to release results early?

tim0thy wrote:
Anyone hear any news at all yet from round 1? Probably too early but you never know. I read last year people who applied to multiple programs received their decision early.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bschoolapp8 wrote:
I haven't heard back yet. I see that the decision date for R1 is Feb 10th. Do they announce the results earlier? And how does school know that an applicant has applied to multiple programs for them to release results early?

Well what I say is by no means official.

In the application there was a section that asked if you were applying to any other schools and if so which ones, so this is how they would know if you're applying to multiple programs.

Additionally, from what I heard from last year's applicants, a few were notified earlier than the deadline (maybe one to two weeks before) and they all thought it was because they applied to other programs.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Ok great. Just that I waived my option to answer that question just in case it could have negative consequence :) This thread has been very quite but I hope to see more activity on this in the coming days and weeks.

Did you get the maths/statistics waived? I saw that my stat pre-req is incomplete and might have to write an exam. I suppose this is after we are admitted.

tim0thy wrote:
bschoolapp8 wrote:

Well what I say is by no means official.

In the application there was a section that asked if you were applying to any other schools and if so which ones, so this is how they would know if you're applying to multiple programs.

Additionally, from what I heard from last year's applicants, a few were notified earlier than the deadline (maybe one to two weeks before) and they all thought it was because they applied to other programs.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yup, the stat req is required for enrollment by all students. The math req may be waived based on your GMAT scores/prior course-work.

Does anyone know approximately how many people get admitted to Haas EWMBA R1?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Quote:

Was it just the application that prompted the earlier notification or an admit that prompted it?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
acggmat2011 wrote:
Quote:

Was it just the application that prompted the earlier notification or an admit that prompted it?

I believe it was just the application that prompted the earlier notification since there were some who got the call early but mentioned they were not admitted to their other programs.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Anyone heard anything yet? I hear admits might start rolling out in the next week or so. I don't see a facebook group created yet but i do see one for Haas EWMBA Women 2012 so that suggests things might be moving. :)
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=118816091882
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bschoolapp8 wrote:
Anyone heard anything yet? I hear admits might start rolling out in the next week or so. I don't see a facebook group created yet but i do see one for Haas EWMBA Women 2012 so that suggests things might be moving. :)

No word here yet.

And I'm not sure that the Facebook group you linked is current. I think it's for the Class of 2012 meaning it was created sometime in 2009 when they started the program.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Admits rolling out next week?
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.8
WE:Consulting (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
submitted my app on jan 18 for rd 2 weekend cohort....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Can someone from Round 1 EWMBA share some insights on his/her interview? Was is straightforward? What types of questions were asked? Etc...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
CaliCpa wrote:
Can someone from Round 1 EWMBA share some insights on his/her interview? Was is straightforward? What types of questions were asked? Etc...

I was a Round 1 re-applicant and I don't think that they asked me the typical questions since they focused more on what changed from last year.

But, last year my interview was very straightforward. I went through my resume first. Then they asked about the four guiding principles, which one I wrote about and asked me talk about one of the other three. Can't remember the rest but the interview lasted 30 minutes exactly and the interviewer was very nice and made me feel comfortable.

Hope this helps!
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  32   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts