Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:04 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Statistics, Finance
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Research (Consulting)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.13
WE:Corporate Finance (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Re: Admitted to Michigan(Ross) Class of 2014 [#permalink]
Hello All!

I'm in the US, living in Washington, DC right now. I've got 4ish years of corporate finance background working for a defense contractor (not much else in this area).

I'll definitely be at GBR in april and can't wait to meet everyone. I'm not married but have a pretty serious gf. We haven't had 'the talk' yet to decide what we are going to do, but I'm sure thats coming.

Congrats to all!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.75
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Olin, no question. 100k in loans is a big burden when you graduate.

neosumit wrote:
Hey Guys,

I am from India with a traditional Engineering background and have 8+ years of experience of working with IT Services/Products
and now a top US financial services firm.

Currently in Mumbai, India. Marital status: Married :-D .

Admitted to Ross with no scholarship.
Now I have to decide between Ross (full fees from pocket) and Washington University's Olin (full tuition waiver). :roll:

Eagerly awaiting the release of non cosigner loan information from Ross for International students. Otherwise I will not be able to make it to AA.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Operations, Statistics
Schools: Ross (Michigan) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.31
WE:Accounting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
tfincham86 wrote:
Hello All!

I'm in the US, living in Washington, DC right now. I've got 4ish years of corporate finance background working for a defense contractor (not much else in this area).

I'll definitely be at GBR in april and can't wait to meet everyone. I'm not married but have a pretty serious gf. We haven't had 'the talk' yet to decide what we are going to do, but I'm sure thats coming.

Congrats to all!

Hey. I can relate. My girlfriend is coming along with where I end up but i believe she wants to be engaged before then...

i have to make a decision as well between Tepper and Ross. Both their admit weekend are on the same days!! ah well. There are worse things in life than deciding between 2 schools you like.

Congrats to everyone. I was also accepted into The Tauber Institute. Anyone else?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
explorer21 wrote:
tfincham86 wrote:
Hello All!

Congrats to all!

Hey. I can relate. My girlfriend is coming along with where I end up but i believe she wants to be engaged before then...

i have to make a decision as well between Tepper and Ross. Both their admit weekend are on the same days!! ah well. There are worse things in life than deciding between 2 schools you like.

Congrats to everyone. I was also accepted into The Tauber Institute. Anyone else?

We still haven't decided if she is coming with me or staying back home.

Anyway, has anyone else started using the iMpact website? I'm about to register for GBR and applied for membership into the google group.

From what I've heard/read GBR sounds like a blast.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.73
WE:Information Technology (Other)
Send PM
mamup, Thanks for starting the thread ... no time wasted huh!

From Phoenix, AZ (originally from India) ... I've a Masters in Comp Sci (Utah State) and around 6 years of experience in IT, currently working at Amex. Want to get into Strategy Consulting post MBA (McKinsey ... here I come :wink: )

No money offered at Ross. Will have to see how Tuck and Booth turns out. Hope I've to make some difficult decisions among schools! Oh yeah, married - my husband has to do some serious traveling :)

Glad to see you all here and looking forward to meeting all of you at GBR. As of now, I'm planning to attend the GBR. Btw, anyone from AZ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
bk123 wrote:
mamup, Thanks for starting the thread ... no time wasted huh!
Glad to see you all here and looking forward to meeting all of you at GBR. As of now, I'm planning to attend the GBR. Btw, anyone from AZ?

You are welcome bk123. Yeah I was just too excited to wait :lol:
I hate to miss out on GBR, I am based out of India so can't travel just yet. I need to save the money :(

tfincham86 wrote:

explorer21 wrote:
My girlfriend is coming along with where I end up but i believe she wants to be engaged before then...

Hi tfincham86 and explorer 21, looks like you guys have a a few extra things to worry about :wink:
I am already married so all my worries are accounted for :P
Manager
Manager
Send PM
tfincham86 wrote:
Anyway, has anyone else started using the iMpact website? I'm about to register for GBR and applied for membership into the google group.

I was on yesterday but I cannot find the iMpact website. Brain fart, too much wine last night. You mind posting the link?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
explorer21 wrote:
tfincham86 wrote:

I was on yesterday but I cannot find the iMpact website. Brain fart, too much wine last night. You mind posting the link?

https://www.bus.umich.edu/myimpact/Home.aspx
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Healthcare, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE:Sales (Computer Software)
Send PM
So excited to get the good news from Ross, and a big congrats to everyone who was accepted! Admitted with some money, but I'm waiting for news from Kenan-Flagler, Fuqua, and Goizueta. Kenan-Flagler (UNC) is in-state tuition, which is still less expensive even with the bit of help from Ross.

32, MA in Mathematics, 6 years experience with IT/Analytics, looking to move into Healthcare with a focus on management and analytics.

Wife and two young kids - any others out there with little ones? Daughter is 3 and son is 1. We started looking at UM daycares already. We'd also need to figure out a job for my wife. Decisions, decisions.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
tfincham86 wrote:
explorer21 wrote:
tfincham86 wrote:

https://www.bus.umich.edu/myimpact/Home.aspx

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 170 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.78
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hi gmatclubers,
First of all, congrats to you--all the months of hard work have finally paid off. Realizing that was my last b-school application I'm already missing anticipation and excitement of waiting for the decision (I know many of you will think: What is wrong with this guy? But I kind of enjoyed it. :-D ). Most likely the next time that we will have to go through similar experience will be during recruiting for internship/job.That is at least a year from now.

Anyways, I'm from Eastern Europe (one of those former communist republics :twisted: ). Live/work in US now (Detroit/MI). 6 years in Manufacturing/engineering.

Oh eh, not married....yet. 7 months is a long time :)

I will be at GBR, unless will decide to go to Kellogg by April. It is not going to be an easy call, because Ross rocks in my book.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Congratulations to all!

I am a 26 year old bachelor and currently living in Singapore. I have 4 and half years of experience in banking software development.

I got offers from both Broad Michigan State University (with full scholarship) and Ross (w/o scholarship). I want to focus on Entrepreneurship and Finance. $100K tuition at Ross would be a problem to me.

Mean base salary for a Ross MBA graduate is $106K while it is $85K at Broad. Although base salary after MBA is not everything, I just wonder if it is worth to take that $100K loan. Please give me some advice.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
pc2010 wrote:
Congratulations to all!

I am a 26 year old bachelor and currently living in Singapore. I have 4 and half years of experience in banking software development.

I got offers from both Broad Michigan State University (with full scholarship) and Ross (w/o scholarship). I want to focus on Entrepreneurship and Finance. $100K tuition at Ross would be a problem to me.

Mean base salary for a Ross MBA graduate is $106K while it is $85K at Broad. Although base salary after MBA is not everything, I just wonder if it is worth to take that $100K loan. Please give me some advice.

Mate,

We both are in similar situation. Even I work for a top US bank (JP Morgan) in their technology unit and based in Mumbai, India.
I have WashU's Olin with full scholarship and Ross with no $s.

I have looked at the placement reports at both the schools and though the top of Ross impresses a lot, salaries at the bottom range are not that encouraging. Also some graduates did highlight that the high tuition fees (assuming one does not get any scholarship) can really dent a big impact for several years post MBA.

I assume 100K USD in loans will take 7 years to repay even if one were to start with a base salary of 100K.

One interesting point though is that economy is picking up in US and looks as if US is not worrying about Europe's economic mess much either. Assuming such a scenario, base salary may improve a lot at the top tier schools in the next couple of years.

Though if one were to think a bit more long term - I need to understand more about how this strong alumni base will help me once I return back to my home country - India.

Anyone with some unique thoughts or a different way of analyzing this situation. Future Strategic consultants, anyone :wink:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
One more post but this is really important.

Any International admit here with any info about the non cosigner loan. I am someone who really cannot arrange that much money from my home country. Anyone in similar situation?

Ross has not officially posted any info about this.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
neosumit, I was just going through https://www.finaid.umich.edu/Home/HowtoA ... dents.aspx
Especially the 'Long-Term Loan Option' and 'Private loan program for students from India' under 'OTHER POSSIBLE FUNDING SOURCES' section. Current situation doesn't look very promising :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Hmm...there are many ways to look at it, even though I am not in a position where I can choose from two colleges (at least not yet :wink: ), I will just give my own opinion on things.

Ross is an excellent school, there is no doubt about it, its biggest strength, apart from lucrative recruitment, is its alumni base. With the kind of people that Ross attracts (collaborative and passionate about their school) you can always count on a Ross alumni/colleague to help you out. Hell! I already feel my passion building :lol: . According to the placement report, there isn't any company which doesn't come to Ross for recruitment, so we will have the opportunities, whether we can convert those, is up to us.

I agree that $100K is a huge amount,we can buy ourselves a flat with that kinda money (not in Mumbai though :) ), I am still fretting on how I will arrange for it, especially without a no-cosigner loan. :cry: I hope they do something about it quickly - but on the flip side, if we can make the best use of the opportunities and get into a good job post MBA (along with signing bonus - and some companies even reimburse the tuition I've "heard"), then paying off that money should not take more than 4-5 years. What you get in return is
- world class education
- a strong brand name (its no Harvard but it has a very good reputation in the business circle especially in US)
- strong alumni base (even in India--guys I would recommend checking the alumni directory through iMpact)
- an experience of a life time

After all we do our MBA only once in life (at least most of us do) and for most of us it will the highest level of education that is going to stay with us for the rest of our lives... The choice is ours
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mamup wrote:
Hmm...there are many ways to look at it, even though I am not in a position where I can choose from two colleges (at least not yet :wink: ), I will just give my own opinion on things.
After all we do our MBA only once in life (at least most of us do) and for most of us it will the highest level of education that is going to stay with us for the rest of our lives... The choice is ours

Mamup,

That's another excellent way of looking at it. I agree that once you become optimistic even 100k for Ross is justified. I appreciate your views!!
Let Ross come out with it's loan program (if it can) and then I hope even I will let my imagination run wild and feel the excitement of joining Ross in July.

Thanks Mate!!
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4