Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:12 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 97 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [1]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V33
GPA: 2.93
WE:Analyst (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2129 [3]
Given Kudos: 622
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [1]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: I'm bored!! [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Thought I think PTK's suggestions may be worth a try, the final goal and prospect of a TOP MBA should be your biggest motivator.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 336 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Runner2 wrote:
to boooored with calcs, bored with hard math problems, bored with verbal Answers that barely differ, bored with not digestible RC texts!!!!! I'm too bored!
While my friends are having good parties I'm siting in front of notebook and becoming schiso!
My level now is about 700 but I need AT LEAST 760!
I'm gonna learn all nights long BUT HOW NOT TO BE SOOOOOO BORED????
What is your way to fight boredom?

Hi my friend,

1. Remember that a score of 800 will NOT guarantee you a place at a top program and 700 is enough for most schools, even if you are in Indian/IT/Male pool. 700 + excellent essays is much better than 760 + mediocre essays.

2. My mom once told me that if I feel tired and bored, just stop working. Go out, meet friends, talk with them, go to cinema etc.; only back to work when you feel ready. This is one of the best advices I have ever heard.

Hope this helps.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1207 [1]
Given Kudos: 114
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Kudos
Sounds to me like a classic case of burn out. You are overstudying, and you are getting diminishing returns on these late hours of studying to the point that you might actually be taking away from your studying as a whole. You need take breaks, have time off, enjoy family, friends, music, etc... Take the test very seriously, but don't let it take over ever aspect of your life, or all your spare hours b/c eventually you will burn out, and your score will suffer.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [1]
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Kudos
Personally, I find that I do my best when I balance my studies with other activities. Studying 24-7 would just burn me out in the lead-up to test day. Do something fun!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2129 [1]
Given Kudos: 622
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
Kudos
Yes i was joking.
You are burning out. Your brain is stressed and it works less efficiently. You are running a marathon. Take a break.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 628 [1]
Given Kudos: 192
Send PM
Kudos
TrueLie wrote:

1. Remember that a score of 800 will NOT guarantee you a place at a top program and 700 is enough for most schools, even if you are in Indian/IT/Male pool. 700 + excellent essays is much better than 760 + mediocre essays.

Firstly its not either or scenario.You can get a very high GMAT score and prepare stellar essays or you can do the converse.

Secondly essays basically reflect your work experience and other aspects all of which are set by the time you are applying.

Thirdly the average GMAT score of Indian applicants at Top 10 school (not Indian IT) is 740.

What you are saying is purely anecdotal evidence and generalisation spread by test prep and admission consulting companies. All test prep companies without exception design the course to get students in the 600 - 700 range. The best prep companies try to get you in 690-710 range. This gives them best ROI. If you get a high GMAT score you will feel more confident to go without spending 4000$ on essays.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 336 [0]
Send PM
AbhiJ wrote:
TrueLie wrote:

Firstly its not either or scenario.You can get a very high GMAT score and prepare stellar essays or you can do the converse.

Secondly essays basically reflect your work experience and other aspects all of which are set by the time you are applying.

Thirdly the average GMAT score of Indian applicants at Top 10 school (not Indian IT) is 740.

What you are saying is purely anecdotal evidence and generalisation spread by test prep and admission consulting companies. All test prep companies without exception design the course to get students in the 600 - 700 range. The best prep companies try to get you in 690-710 range. This gives them best ROI. If you get a high GMAT score you will feel more confident to go without spending 4000$ on essays.

What I want to say is that: GMAT is not everything. If you could score 760 + excellent essays, that's fine. Otherwise, focus on other parts to get over this "weakness" (I prefer not to call a GMAT 700 a weakness, even for Stanford).
GMAT Club Bot