Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 09:23 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
WE:Corporate Finance (Real Estate)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V44
GPA: 3.59
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: UCLA (Anderson) - Class of 2014
WE:Sales (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink]
Hi All,

I'm a R2 Consortium applicant- Tuck, Stern, and Ross

The interesting thing is that Consortium actually hasn't received my official GMAT score yet and I have been told that my app wouldn't be sent out to schools until then- but I received an email from Ross yesterday- so I know that they actually have received it....
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: LEAD Program in Business, NSHMBA, NBMBAA
Given Kudos: 77
Concentration: General Management
Send PM
eqjedi wrote:
Hi All,

The interesting thing is that Consortium actually hasn't received my official GMAT score yet and I have been told that my app wouldn't be sent out to schools until then- but I received an email from Ross yesterday- so I know that they actually have received it....

Welcome to the forum eqjedi! and congrats on submitting your app. Make sure to join our roll call and keep us posted on your progress.

On a side note for Round Two folks... READ your .pdf version of your app to make sure everything is accurate. I had many inaccuracies and had to call CGSM to get it straightened out... including my ranking.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
TheSenator wrote:
eqjedi wrote:
Hi All,

Welcome to the forum eqjedi! and congrats on submitting your app. Make sure to join our roll call and keep us posted on your progress.

On a side note for Round Two folks... READ your .pdf version of your app to make sure everything is accurate. I had many inaccuracies and had to call CGSM to get it straightened out... including my ranking.

Interesting,...my Yale app was all jacked up on preview,...but the email they sent me says the following "Due to the transfer of data to our database from the Consortium’s application vendor, some information may not display correctly on our SOM application website when you log on." Does this mean it just doesn't display correctly on their website only,...or on their actual application? I took it to mean the former, and so i thought nothing of it. .
Retired Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 118 [0]
Given Kudos: 123
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
Send PM
mooze wrote:
TheSenator wrote:
eqjedi wrote:
Hi All,

Interesting,...my Yale app was all jacked up on preview,...but the email they sent me says the following "Due to the transfer of data to our database from the Consortium’s application vendor, some information may not display correctly on our SOM application website when you log on." Does this mean it just doesn't display correctly on their website only,...or on their actual application? I took it to mean the former, and so i thought nothing of it. .

I am guessing it is only incorrect on their website. When I click preview, mine did not even have a GMAT score. :-D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
mooze wrote:
TheSenator wrote:
eqjedi wrote:
Hi All,

I'm talking about the Consoritium .pdf after you submit. It should be on the apply yourself portal. Just check for errors, don't worry about Yale SOM.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Being annoying and shameless can sometimes pay off I guess...I just called Haas and with the utmost in decorum and professionalism asked them "I know you got my app.... Where the **** is my confirmation?!?" the woman was very nice and checked and told me they had my application and I should get a confirmation next week.
She told me they go out at different times because consortiums program does not match their own and they basically have to go in and enter all of the applications by hand. she said there is no rhyme or reason applied to the order of entry, they just do it as that comes in. That would explain why the preview looks so jacked up for the ones we did get.

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
TheSenator wrote:

I'm talking about the Consoritium .pdf after you submit. It should be on the apply yourself portal. Just check for errors, don't worry about Yale SOM.

Thanks for the heads up,...just checked. Looks good.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
suchdaddy wrote:
Being annoying and shameless can sometimes pay off I guess...I just called Haas and with the utmost in decorum and professionalism asked them "I know you got my app.... Where the **** is my confirmation?!?" the woman was very nice and checked and told me they had my application and I should get a confirmation next week.
She told me they go out at different times because consortiums program does not match their own and they basically have to go in and enter all of the applications by hand. she said there is no rhyme or reason applied to the order of entry, they just do it as that comes in. That would explain why the preview looks so jacked up for the ones we did get.

Damnit,... I thought I was special what with my Haas confirmation email and all. Thanks for ruining it buddy.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mooze wrote:
suchdaddy wrote:

Damnit,... I thought I was special what with my Haas confirmation email and all. Thanks for ruining it buddy.

Lol..... my bad mooze, that wasn't my intent... but if it's any consolation, I do believe you are special!
And don't ever let some jackhead from a forum convience you overwise...

I had to see what was up, my gotee was starting to collect to much dirt and gravel from hanging my head so low after I thought Haas was giving me the "piss off". But Hey, re-typing that stuff takes effort... and they made sure to make that effort on Mooze's behalf first.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
suchdaddy wrote:
mooze wrote:
suchdaddy wrote:

Lol..... my bad mooze, that wasn't my intent... but if it's any consolation, I do believe you are special!
And don't ever let some jackhead from a forum convience you overwise...

I had to see what was up, my gotee was starting to collect to much dirt and gravel from hanging my head so low after I thought Haas was giving me the "piss off". But Hey, re-typing that stuff takes effort... and they made sure to make that effort on Mooze's behalf first.

haha, its all good. Now that they have both our apps,...hopefully we both get in!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: Operations, Leadership
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V30
Send PM
finally received an email from consortium stating my application was forwarded to the schools....

***exhale***

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Just received an application receipt confirmation from Darden.

But something concerns me. They gave me my account login info,...when I logged in I noticed it listed my application status as Submitted: Round 3, April, 04, 2012.

Do Consortium R2 Darden applicants really get lumped into R3 general applicant pool?

If so, thats not good.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
Hey All -

Long time lurker here. All of your posts and insight have really helped me remain sane throughout this whole process, so i figured it only right to contribute as best I can.

I'm a Consortium rd 1 Applicant. Received a call from Johnson last Friday with an IN. Really excited about attending Cornell!! I love everything about that place.

Brief profile of me - Sub 700 GMAT and roughly 3.0 GPA with amost 6 years of work experience.

I havent received my admit package yet, but had some questions for anyone else admitted to Johnson. Its about the Scholarship weekend. Is the "Scholarship weekend" the same as one of the Park finalists weekend? Does being invited to one of these weekends guarantee that you'll be receiving soem financial aid? And lastly, what's the deal with these weekends? Are you competing for a Park fellow, or have they already determined who receives the scholarship? If competing, how many people are you roughly up against and what does the competition consist of?

Thanks in advance for any help. I'd be happy to in turn answer anyones questions.
Retired Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 118 [0]
Given Kudos: 123
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
Send PM
mooze wrote:

But something concerns me. They gave me my account login info,...when I logged in I noticed it listed my application status as Submitted: Round 3, April, 04, 2012.

Do Consortium R2 Darden applicants really get lumped into R3 general applicant pool?

If so, thats not good.

Got the same thing too! Mooze, wheere did you rank Darden in your list? I have mine as 6th. :lol: Not expecting an admit right there
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Consortium
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Gorges17 wrote:
Hey All -

Long time lurker here. All of your posts and insight have really helped me remain sane throughout this whole process, so i figured it only right to contribute as best I can.

I'm a Consortium rd 1 Applicant. Received a call from Johnson last Friday with an IN. Really excited about attending Cornell!! I love everything about that place.

Brief profile of me - Sub 700 GMAT and roughly 3.0 GPA with amost 6 years of work experience.

I havent received my admit package yet, but had some questions for anyone else admitted to Johnson. Its about the Scholarship weekend. Is the "Scholarship weekend" the same as one of the Park finalists weekend? Does being invited to one of these weekends guarantee that you'll be receiving soem financial aid? And lastly, what's the deal with these weekends? Are you competing for a Park fellow, or have they already determined who receives the scholarship? If competing, how many people are you roughly up against and what does the competition consist of?

Thanks in advance for any help. I'd be happy to in turn answer anyones questions.

I would think that most newly admitted students are wondering the same things you are. If you're not too worried about remaining anonymous you might want to ask these questions on the admitted student's facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/JohnsonClassOf2014/ ) so that one of the current first year students can answer your questions and you can share with the rest of us :-D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Anyone out there going to Berkeley Super Saturday that needs a roomate or want to share a cab from the airport please PM me! Looking to defray costs as much as possible.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: Operations, Leadership
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V30
Send PM
mooze wrote:

If so, thats not good.

I applied to darden and haven't received my log in info, however, on their site ir says consortium round 2 is lumped in with their regular round 2

https://www.darden.virginia.edu/web/MBA/ ... -to-Apply/

On another note, I finally got my Yale log in info......
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  29   30   31   32   33  ...  118   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts