Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 19:31 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 19:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT Date: 05-09-2012
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [2]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64903 [0]
Given Kudos: 426
Send PM
Re: GMAT Journey - Help!!! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
QuaCzar wrote:
Hello everyone, :)

I have started my GMAT Prep from today and gave the 1st GMATPrep Test. I scored a meager 620 (Q:47, V:27) :( . I have scheduled my GMAT on May 9, 2012.

Please help on the below queries: :help2

1] I have only OG Guide with me. What other materials should I refer to?
2] What should be my study plan considering 1st practice test score of 620?
3] Is May 9 too late to take the GMAT considering the total time required for application process?

Many thanks!!!

I agree with bb. 3 months is sufficient especially since you are starting with a 620. Btw, 620 is a great score to start with! Your Quant is almost there. Your Verbal will see massive improvements once you go through the basics of CR, SC and RC. You will know exactly what to do in each question type which will further increase your speed. Best.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
VeritasPrepKarishma wrote:
QuaCzar wrote:

I have started my GMAT Prep from today and gave the 1st GMATPrep Test. I scored a meager 620 (Q:47, V:27) :( . I have scheduled my GMAT on May 9, 2012.

3] Is May 9 too late to take the GMAT considering the total time required for application process?

Many thanks!!!

I agree with bb. 3 months is sufficient especially since you are starting with a 620. Btw, 620 is a great score to start with! Your Quant is almost there. Your Verbal will see massive improvements once you go through the basics of CR, SC and RC. You will know exactly what to do in each question type which will further increase your speed. Best.

Thank u Karishma for your comments...
Regarding the GMAT date, I was also concerned about the time required for application process for Round 1 after the GMAT. A friend of mine told me that May 9 is a bit late and I will get less time for further application process. Is that true? Should I think about rescheduling a bit earlier?

Thanks!!!
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64903 [0]
Given Kudos: 426
Send PM
Expert Reply
QuaCzar wrote:
VeritasPrepKarishma wrote:
QuaCzar wrote:

Many thanks!!!

Thank u Karishma for your comments...
Regarding the GMAT date, I was also concerned about the time required for application process for Round 1 after the GMAT. A friend of mine told me that May 9 is a bit late and I will get less time for further application process. Is that true? Should I think about rescheduling a bit earlier?

Thanks!!!

The applications of most schools will come out in June - July. First round deadlines would be around early October (on average). You have more than enough time. At best, after your test, you can start thinking about your story, your strengths, your goals and how you intend to express these things effectively. You can start thinking on what you would like to put forward to the admissions committee about yourself etc.
If you take the test on May 9, you even have time to re-take it in June/early July in case the score isn't up to your expectations. (just a back up plan!)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I have a couple of questions pertaining SC techniques;

1) Can a participle phrase modify a verb?
2) Can an adverb be placed next to linking verb?

Your fruitful replies with examples are requested.
GMAT Club Bot