Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 18:05 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 18:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL - MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2013 [#permalink]
@ cynix
hey, I meant how many days after you submitted your application did you get the call for interview ? It's been 10 days since i submitted my application, and i'm really nervous !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Anyone have any idea when they post 2011's placement report? MBA's report just got posted and its pretty amazing. I just hope that 2011's placement was as good as 2010's.

Currently working on my apps right now hoping to send it in before Jan 31 deadline, would be a bit tight since i'll have to study and take the gmat too! Seems like they get back to you about acceptance / rejection within a month. Pretty fast.

Cynix, gratz on your acceptance. Seems like a very solid profile. What do you plan on doing between now and LBS in sept?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sah35 wrote:
@ cynix
hey, I meant how many days after you submitted your application did you get the call for interview ? It's been 10 days since i submitted my application, and i'm really nervous !

Well I didn't get the interview notification until over a month after my application. U've got a pretty solid profile I'm sure you have a good chance of getting an interview so don't worry about it. To be honest I wasn't even expecting to get an interview and was quite surprised when they notified me.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
fathippo wrote:
Anyone have any idea when they post 2011's placement report? MBA's report just got posted and its pretty amazing. I just hope that 2011's placement was as good as 2010's.

Currently working on my apps right now hoping to send it in before Jan 31 deadline, would be a bit tight since i'll have to study and take the gmat too! Seems like they get back to you about acceptance / rejection within a month. Pretty fast.

Cynix, gratz on your acceptance. Seems like a very solid profile. What do you plan on doing between now and LBS in sept?

Thanks fathippo! :D. Well I'm still in uni and it's my third year so quite busy with my course. I'm planning on doing an internship over the summer before the MiM (if I'm lucky). I've submitted a couple internship applications for consultancy and have been invited to an assessment center for a financial advisory internship.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sah35 wrote:
@ cynix

Just so you know I submitted my application really2 early (October 2) and they didn't start reviewing applications until November 1. I got my interview notification on November 16 so give or take 2-3 weeks before you hear back about the interview
Intern
Intern
Send PM
cynix, thats a really early application. What drives u to do the mim? Imperial alone opens a lot of doors.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
fathippo wrote:
cynix, thats a really early application. What drives u to do the mim? Imperial alone opens a lot of doors.

Yes I applied extremely early because I wanted to get it done before getting busy with uni (final year so really need to concentrate on getting stellar marks) + wanted to be able to put LBS MiM in my CV early for summer 2012 internship applications.

Well my undergraduate degree was in Biomedical Science and was very clinically-oriented (kind of a pre-med course), not so much practical. And so far my knowledge of business is very limited. I'm thinking by doing another internship over summer 2012 and doing the LBS MiM I can probably land a better job once I graduate, compared to if I were to enter the job market right away. I'm hoping to get into consulting which is super competitive so having a combination of Imperial + LBS should probably help. I'm thinking it'll be a good combination cause it shows I can do both science and business. Plus I haven't done much networking here at Imperial and the LBS MiM really seems to have a big focus on career development, which should help loads.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
anyone who applied in R2 heard back from LBS about interviews yet ??

i'm kinda losing hope now.

:(
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sah35, what are your stats?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
fathippo wrote:
sah35, what are your stats?

Indian
650 GMAT 5.5 awa
Distinction in College

2 internships, and plenty of work experience in family business (Part-time) and founded an NGO with a friend.

what about you Fathippo ? Have you applied to LBS yet ? if so when ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Working on my app - gonne apply end of Jan. Writing the gmat in 19 days, quite nervous.

My stats are quite average, so MiM will be a crapshoot for me.

3.3/4 gpa - finished in 2.5 years instead of 4. Had to finish ASAP since parents didnt give me a dime for tuition or living expense. Worked throughout university.
Worked 4 internship - 1 in local non-profit, 1 in global bank, 1 in global tech company, 1 in boutique IB
Started 2 companies that failed miserably - made me broke twice lol!
Obviously, usual school stuff - clubs, volunteering, etc

Sah, I think your GMAT is a bit on the low side - avg gmat for MiM is 700, quite a bit higher than your 650. Thought about retaking and updating your gmat mark to lbs?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
i understand my gmat score is lower than average, however i really had no time to study as i lead a 10 hour day with college and work eating into my day.
i barely got a week for the GMAT and I believe that in the situation, it was the best i could do, and i do not have time to give it again.

anyways, i had received an email on the 16th of December stating that due to the winter break and yearly school closing, the decision would be delayed to Jan.

im not sure if the final decision is delayed or the interview decision, either way, i guess i have one more week of hope left since the office re-opened on the 3rd.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:HEC
 Q49  V44
Send PM
sah35 wrote:
i understand my gmat score is lower than average, however i really had no time to study as i lead a 10 hour day with college and work eating into my day.
i barely got a week for the GMAT and I believe that in the situation, it was the best i could do, and i do not have time to give it again.

You should have planned ahead knowing the importance of the GMAT; your post sounds like an excuse.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey everyone

I too received an admit from LBS for the MIM Class of 2013. Those of you who also received it can please search me out on fb and just ping me. Will add you to the FB group we have for MiM class of 2013.

Though I am really kicked about getting LBS, I have a few questions. Would be really helpful if anyone with info can help me out :

1. If for financial reasons one wants to defer the admit to the next year, is it possible ?
2. Did anyone get the results for the scholarship? How much is the scholarship worth ?
3. Any idea about the placement scenario for 2011 ?
4. What is an average ROI (return on investment) one can expect from the MiM course ?
5. Are the job opportunities after this course limited to London, or can one get placed around the world ?

Appreciate your time and advice..

Thanks a lot
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey all,

I am preparing for the GMAT in order to get in LBS. I think I could have a decent GMAT score, though I don't think I'm fully prepared for the test. I was just wondering whether I should take the test next month in order to apply for R5, or practice more and take the test in march and apply at R6. Do I have fewer chances to get in if I wait for R6 ?

Could you also give me your thoughts on my profile:

French and Canadian, lived in Montreal for 18 years, lived in Bogota for 1 year, now finishing my postgraduate degree in one of the best schools in France. I have decent grades but there are not impressive. I speak French, English and Spanish fluently and a bit of Portuguese. Quite important extracurricular activities and internships.

I really count on my GMAT score to improve it.

Thank you
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
Hello everyone,

I have applied for R3 and haven't heard from LBS yet. Quite worried now, because HEC Paris did not give me an offer for their MIF.

Can you please evaluate my profile?

Age 23/Lithuanian

GMAT (Q48 V38 AWA5.5) - 710
Toefl IBT 112
Undergraduate degree in Economics (best business school in Lithuania, but not well known in Europe) - top student, received 7 out of 8 possible scholarships. Scholarships were given depending on your grades every semester. 12 scholarships each semester only. GPA 9.1/10.
School - top student, scored my national exams at 97-99 percentile.

Extracurricular activities mainly comprised of organizing football and paintball games. However, I had 1.5y we during my undergraduate studies and I now have ~9 months post-graduate experience. I now work as a client executive in the leasing sales department at one of the biggest commercial banks in Lithuania.

I also have >2 years of trading experience in forex.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Abhi: 9
Send PM
Kudos
applied to LBS MiM.. got dinged :(

gmat-730
toefl-118
B.Tech(Hons) in Electronics with 75.9%
average extra-curriculars
working full time since June 2011
worked really hard on the essays but I have no clue why i got dinged :(

Originally posted by djabhi on 27 Jan 2012, 21:02.
Last edited by djabhi on 28 Jan 2012, 22:44, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts