Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 17:42 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 17:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Abhi: 9
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL - MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2013 [#permalink]
Quote:
got a reply within nine days of applying
to top it off .. the email says ' we have reviewed you application "carefully"'

In which round did you apply?
Well, this loss of yours has given me some hope, because maybe they haven't contacted me yet on purpose.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
@pratikgoyal

I have been shortlisted for an interview by adcom. Just recieved an email yesterday night. It says that interviews will be conducted sometime in late FEB/ 1st week of March. Cheers!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
aniketkoparkar wrote:
@pratikgoyal

I have been shortlisted for an interview by adcom. Just recieved an email yesterday night. It says that interviews will be conducted sometime in late FEB/ 1st week of March. Cheers!

Can you share your profile?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Indian Male 23 yrs old
GMAT 680
Bachelor of Commerce 80% First class with distinction (NO GPA available)
Professional table tennis player. Represented National Team almost 50 times in 22 different countries, 4 different continents. Led the national team for three years when we qualified for the world championships.
Part Time W/E in our family business which is in the beauty care industry. I conceptualized and launched a hair care center for cancer patients, which now is a full fledged profit making branch of our Business.
Through my sporting career I am employed with Indian Oil Corp. Ltd. (Highest ranked Indian company in the fortune 500 rankings) But my job profile is to represent IOCL in the various national and international tournaments and hence was considered a non (business) relevant experience by the Mim team thus making me eligible for the program. I think thats about it for the profile!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Is there anyone else who had applied in R3 and has not heard from LBS since?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I wanna know whether I can apply to LBS MiM program while being still in college, final year, so that I can join straight from college
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Kansas wrote:
I wanna know whether I can apply to LBS MiM program while being still in college, final year, so that I can join straight from college

Yes you can, but you'd better hurry up :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sk8e wrote:
Kansas wrote:

Yes you can, but you'd better hurry up :)

Thanks a lot. But I am not gonna apply this year. I am still in pe final year of my college. Just wanted to know so I can schedule my preparations and the test dates.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Made it to the interview!! Got an email a few hours ago :)))
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Quote:
Made it to the interview!! Got an email a few hours ago ))

Good luck. I'll have mine on Wednesday
Manager
Manager
Send PM
dnguyen89 wrote:
Quote:
Made it to the interview!! Got an email a few hours ago ))

Good luck. I'll have mine on Wednesday

When did you receive your invite? By the way, how many had days passed till they sent you the exact time?

P.S. could you post your profile? :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Quote:
When did you receive your invite? By the way, how many had days passed till they sent you the exact time?

P.S. could you post your profile?

I was notified early on early February. I emailed them two weeks agoto urge for a quick decision since I have to accept/deny a job offer later this month and they arrange my interview last week.

I go to a no-name Liberal Art College in the Mid West, but have 2 summers in an emerging markets. 3.9 GPA with 750 GMAT. But I think most people in my demographic has very similar scores (Asians duh!), so the selling point was my essays and back story.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Is the HSBC Loan without the requirement of Co-signer for International students available In case of MiM program.?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V41
Send PM
How does it work with this application rounds? Should I hurry with my application? :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
istandalone wrote:
sk8e wrote:
Made it to the interview!! Got an email a few hours ago :)))

could you share your profile please? And when did you apply?

I finished my application on the 27th of December. My interview's next week :)

Age 23/Lithuanian

GMAT (Q48 V38 AWA5.5) - 710
Toefl IBT 112
Undergraduate degree in Economics (best business school in Lithuania, but not well known in Europe) - top student, received 7 out of 8 possible scholarships. Scholarships were given depending on your grades every semester. 12 scholarships each semester only. GPA 9.1/10.
School - top student, scored my national exams at 97-99 percentile.

Extracurricular activities mainly comprised of organizing football and paintball games. However, I had 1.5y we during my undergraduate studies and I now have ~9 months post-graduate experience. I now work as a client executive in the leasing sales department at one of the biggest commercial banks in Lithuania.

I also have >2 years of trading experience in forex.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
GMAT 1: 790 Q51 V50
GPA: 3.93
Send PM
Hey guys! Just found out about this program pretty recently, and have a few questions:

1. What are the dates for the different application rounds? Is this posted on a website somewhere? On the LBS website (https://www.london.edu/programmes/msc/applying.html) it just says that it's a rolling admissions process with a May 31 application deadline.

2. Is an interview a requirement for admission? I am a US applicant, so would they interview me on Skype or something if it is required?

3. What would be the total cost of the program? Tuition seems to be ~25k for 2012-13, but I have no idea what the cost of living is as a student in London. If someone with experience could chime in on that, I'd really appreciate it =]

Thanks in advance for all the help! Congrats to those who have already been accepted, and good luck to those who are still applying or interviewing!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
runitback wrote:
Hey guys! Just found out about this program pretty recently, and have a few questions:

1. What are the dates for the different application rounds? Is this posted on a website somewhere? On the LBS website (https://www.london.edu/programmes/msc/applying.html) it just says that it's a rolling admissions process with a May 31 application deadline.

2. Is an interview a requirement for admission? I am a US applicant, so would they interview me on Skype or something if it is required?

3. What would be the total cost of the program? Tuition seems to be ~25k for 2012-13, but I have no idea what the cost of living is as a student in London. If someone with experience could chime in on that, I'd really appreciate it =]

Thanks in advance for all the help! Congrats to those who have already been accepted, and good luck to those who are still applying or interviewing!

Hi.

1. There used to be a round every month, but now they changed it into a rolling admissions system without separate rounds. This happened recently.
2. Yes. An interview is necessary. Maybe they will interview you in the US, but they might also ask to travel to London.
3. tuition 25k and the cost of living would be around 1k pounds per month on average, so the total cost is around 37k pounds.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts