Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:04 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.8
WE:Consulting (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Its the last 2 weeks before the R1 admits! How are the R1 folks coping?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Sustainability, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.3
WE:Project Management (Other)
Send PM
Received an invite for interview.

Any R1 applicant, could you please share the interview questions.

Thanks

gks80
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
What's going on guys? No early decisions this year? Everything seems very quite at Haas :|
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
bschoolapp8 wrote:
What's going on guys? No early decisions this year? Everything seems very quite at Haas :|

Has there ever been a case of anyone from EWMBA finding out a week before? IMO decisions should start rolling out Tuesday? The sample size here is so small- we may not even know if people do find out.

I just hope it is quick and painless!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
Send PM
They had an online chat last Friday and someone asked since they released decisions two weeks early last year for some folks, will they be doing the same this year?

Tammy from the adcom responded by saying that she expects all decisions to be released by Friday, February 10th. Not sure what that means but I certainly haven't heard anything yet.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
tim0thy wrote:
They had an online chat last Friday and someone asked since they released decisions two weeks early last year for some folks, will they be doing the same this year?

Tammy from the adcom responded by saying that she expects all decisions to be released by Friday, February 10th. Not sure what that means but I certainly haven't heard anything yet.

I know of people who learnt about their positive decision 2 weeks before the release date last year. Looks like things have changed this year. I wonder if they are reviewing R2 apps before giving out R1 admits. I guess we will just have to wait until 2/10 :|
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
I suppose positive admits will start rolling in by Wednesday next week!

Come on 510 number, call me!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
+1 for anxiety pangs. :)

It's been a long wait. Well, if it's status quo next Thursday at this time, I'm going to assume its a ding.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools: LBS '14 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
don't be so happy if you get an invite and on the other hand don't be too sad if you haven't heard for an interview yet. It may be in the pipeline.

Originally posted by someone79 on 02 Feb 2012, 12:40.
Last edited by someone79 on 05 Feb 2015, 17:44, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
tigerman wrote:
She said that she'd ask her BCEMBA colleague to contact me. When I asked whether this additional interest would jeopardize my EWMBA application, she responded, "I guarantee you that it won't affect your EWMBA application."

I'm not sure whether it's good or bad. We'll see next Friday.

Good luck to all.

So you submitted essays for the EWMBA but might get a call next Friday saying you've been admitted to BCEMBA? If you don't mind, can I ask how many years of work-ex you have?
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.8
WE:Consulting (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Anyone else from this group attending Feb 25 Super Saturday for Interview (Rd 2)??
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Another round 2 applicant here.

If folks who have interviewed can post the questions asked, it would be great. Interview coming up in a week, and I am nervous to say the least :think:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
Send PM
Anyone knows when will I hear about the admission results? I'm a Round 2 applicant and I went for the interview on Feb 1st.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
may2012 wrote:
Anyone knows when will I hear about the admission results? I'm a Round 2 applicant and I went for the interview on Feb 1st.

Round 2 applicants should know by March 29, 2012.

https://ewmba.haas.berkeley.edu/admissions/index.html
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I was under the assumption that they interview about 50% of applicants, and accept about half of those interviewed. After a recent interview at Haas, the intereviewer said that they did the interview before reviewing the application. I was dissapointed when I realized that they must be interviewing 100% of applicants. Is that true? That seems to be a lot of interviewing. Or is there some sort of screen that they use (e.g., gmat and gpa cut off, etc.). Not that I expect anyone to know, but the speculation seems appropriate after I found that out.

someone79 wrote:
These guys interview almost all of their applicants. So don't be so happy if you get an invite and on the other hand don't be too sad if you haven't heard for an interview yet. It may be in the pipeline.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
CaliCpa wrote:
I was under the assumption that they interview about 50% of applicants, and accept about half of those interviewed. After a recent interview at Haas, the intereviewer said that they did the interview before reviewing the application. I was dissapointed when I realized that they must be interviewing 100% of applicants. Is that true? That seems to be a lot of interviewing. Or is there some sort of screen that they use (e.g., gmat and gpa cut off, etc.). Not that I expect anyone to know, but the speculation seems appropriate after I found that out.

someone79 wrote:
These guys interview almost all of their applicants. So don't be so happy if you get an invite and on the other hand don't be too sad if you haven't heard for an interview yet. It may be in the pipeline.

Last year I read from a chat transcript that they interview 80% of their application pool (see page 10 of this link --> https://ewmba.haas.berkeley.edu/admissio ... 101026.pdf)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Interesting, on the second to last page it says that they interview approximately 2/3 (or 66%) of the applicants. So it is at least 66% and possibly up to 80%. Either way, it sounds like they must use GMAT scores or something to schedule these interviews. They obviously use something to weed out 20 to 34% of the applicants.

Just doing a quick back of the envelope calculation it seems that if interviewed, you have between a 37.5 to 40% chance of being admitted.

tim0thy wrote:
CaliCpa wrote:

someone79 wrote:

Last year I read from a chat transcript that they interview 80% of their application pool (see page 10 of this link --> https://ewmba.haas.berkeley.edu/admissio ... 101026.pdf)
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  32   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts