Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:19 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: Operations, Leadership
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V30
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V48
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: LEAD Program in Business, NSHMBA, NBMBAA
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 77
Concentration: General Management
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink]
TheSenator wrote:
JacksonCinco wrote:
Senator - I'm right there with you. Really like Tuck (ranked them #1) and hoping to get a Green name on the list. Any word whether they do calls and what time they will make announcements Friday?

Folks are saying Thursday morning calls come out. I got the decision notification e-mail on Friday with login credentials, saying this coming Friday (Feb 10th) decisions would be released.

One thing is for sure, the iPhone will have the ringer on max volume Wed - Friday and obviously glued to my body. :-D

You are definitely in an enviable spot Senator with all the admits. Just curious, when push comes to shove and all else being equal what school would you MOST likely matriculate in?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [4]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
Send PM
Kudos
Any folks apply to UNC Kenan Flagler? Just got the admit
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mbalady wrote:

CONGRATULATIONS!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
mbalady wrote:

Congrats mbalady!!! Woohoo!!!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
kawasaki wrote:
You are definitely in an enviable spot Senator with all the admits. Just curious, when push comes to shove and all else being equal what school would you MOST likely matriculate in?

Why thank you kawasaki. IDK, what would you do? I could use advice right now.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Consortium
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [1]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Kudos
TheSenator wrote:
kawasaki wrote:

kawasaki, I'll be making Senator come to Johnson with me. I may be making you come as well. I'll need some gmatclub roomies out there in Ithaca, haha. :panel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Sustainability, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT Date: 09-19-2011
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
What's up all?! I just got back from the Simon Case Competition Scholarship Weekend.
Man, it was fast paced and intense!

Anyway, while there I got my interview to invite with Ross! I decided to keep it to myself, considering where I was/what I was doing, but wow I felt like I was glowing.

For Ross, anyone going to The Consortium interview days?

Hope everyone else is doing good. Up to Ithaca this Friday for Cornell interview. Wish me luck and if there's any way I can help anyone, just reach out.

-B
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
mixedin86 wrote:
TheSenator wrote:
kawasaki wrote:

kawasaki, I'll be making Senator come to Johnson with me. I may be making you come as well. I'll need some gmatclub roomies out there in Ithaca, haha. :panel

Haha... Cornell is definitely a fine choice, and Senator would be one heck of a buddy on campus...I love the focus on Leadership in Cornell and Tuck.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
TheSenator wrote:
kawasaki wrote:

Senator, with all the conversations we've had on this forum, I am pretty sure that you'll make the right decision cause you know what you want. Would the $$$ play a part in your decision?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
kawasaki wrote:
Senator, with all the conversations we've had on this forum, I am pretty sure that you'll make the right decision cause you know what you want. Would the $$$ play a part in your decision?

$$$ will play a part. How big of a part when it comes down to it... I'm not sure. I think by the end of next week I'll have it narrowed down to three schools, that I really want to go to.

The decision could be made by the end of this week though. We. Shall. See. #fingerscrossed
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Given Kudos: 1
WE:Corporate Finance (Real Estate)
Send PM
armymba2012 wrote:
I was beginning to think Darden didn't like me.....until 10:15 this morning when I FINALLY received an invitation to interview!!

Posted from my mobile device

Congrats! Haven't heard anything for Darden R2....Looks like a ding for me.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Operations, General Management
WE:Corporate Finance (Transportation)
Send PM
mooze wrote:
armymba2012 wrote:
I was beginning to think Darden didn't like me.....until 10:15 this morning when I FINALLY received an invitation to interview!!

Congrats! Haven't heard anything for Darden R2....Looks like a ding for me.

I heard from Darden on Sunday and the email they sent to me was dated for Friday. I think that these admissions people work on their own pace. My advice to you is that you should let other people's news get into your head. I wish you the best in the process.
Retired Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 118 [0]
Given Kudos: 123
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
Send PM
TheSenator wrote:
kawasaki wrote:

$$$ will play a part. How big of a part when it comes down to it... I'm not sure. I think by the end of next week I'll have it narrowed down to three schools, that I really want to go to.

The decision could be made by the end of this week though. We. Shall. See. #fingerscrossed

Good luck man!! Not that you need any of it, but I am sure you will be offered tons of $$$ everywhere.

Now here's a question to all the other gmatclubbers around here. How much would free $$ play a part in your decision on where to matriculate?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
gablaze23 wrote:
Now here's a question to all the other gmatclubbers around here. How much would free $$ play a part in your decision on where to matriculate?

The only school where I would have to have full $ is Darden. I'm just not interested in working THAT hard without getting paid something for it. I know B-school is gonna be tough regardless but Darden is like going through the gauntlet, twice.

If I got some $ from Tuck it would sway me. Full $$$ from Tuck it's a done deal.

Because I've applied to soo many schools the scenarios are endless, way to tough to play it all out in my head. Right now:

My brain says Kellogg, My heart says Tuck, and My wallet says Johnson (assuming I get a scholarship @ s.wknd in March)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Schools: UVA (Darden) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V32
GRE 1: Q161 V154
WE:General Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
gablaze23 wrote:
TheSenator wrote:
kawasaki wrote:

Good luck man!! Not that you need any of it, but I am sure you will be offered tons of $$$ everywhere.

The decision will be really simple for me. I only applied to schools that I was really interested in attending. I also ranked schools in the exact order of my interest...ie, I didn't try to "game the system". As a result, if I do get the fellowship, I will attend the school that gives it to me

Retired Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 118 [0]
Given Kudos: 123
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
Send PM
TheSenator wrote:
gablaze23 wrote:

The only school where I would have to have full $ is Darden. I'm just not interested in working THAT hard without getting paid something for it. I know B-school is gonna be tough regardless but Darden is like going through the gauntlet, twice.

If I got some $ from Tuck it would sway me. Full $$$ from Tuck it's a done deal.

Because I've applied to soo many schools the scenarios are endless, way to tough to play it all out in my head. Right now:

My brain says Kellogg, My heart says Tuck, and My wallet says Johnson (assuming I get a scholarship @ s.wknd in March)

Dude I am 100% sure you know what to do (you wait for more $, then compare pros and cons of each school.)

My only advice is to avoid emotionally investing to any school before making a decision. Don't get too excited yet :) It will make deciding easier IMO.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
The decision will be really simple for me. I only applied to schools that I was really interested in attending. I also ranked schools in the exact order of my interest...ie, I didn't try to "game the system". As a result, if I do get the fellowship, I will attend the school that gives it to me

Posted from my mobile device [/quote]

I also agree with you.. If I get from my first choice, then that's it.. if I get from my 3rd choice, I would have to consider it over 2nd choice... but at the end of the day, the $$$ plays a HUGE part in my decision.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  52   53   54   55   56  ...  118   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts