Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 11:00 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 11:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Leadership, Statistics
WE:Marketing (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Technology, General Management
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
i am waitlisted too!!

does anybody know what percentage of waitlists do get accepted
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Mind posting your profiles so we may be able to zero in on some details.

Originally posted by mbafall2011 on 10 Feb 2012, 12:12.
Last edited by mbafall2011 on 19 Feb 2012, 20:27, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT 760, undergrad GPA 3.8, B.S., M.S., 10+ WE in engineering & engineering management.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
wait listed too..I don't know what was missing frankly. If you guys know friends who have been WL have them join this forum. We need to share ideas and strategies and most importantly provide moral support to one another
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hmmm- out of 9 active candidates on this forum so far
4 admits, 4 wl.

Anyway, what exactly did you WL email say? i want to see if the wording is standard or if we can gather something else from the wording.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I have a theory. Lack of action on gmatclub / BW forums suggests there might not have been enough applicants in R1 this yr so adcom decided to wait until R2 before releasing decision? We need a bigger pool of EWMBA 2015 applicants to draw any conclusions
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am a little confused by what i learnt from Scott at EWMBA office today.
He mentioned that the waitlisted candidates will get to know the decision only after round 3...
... Round 1, round 2, round 3 waitlists will be put in a common pool and would be given a chance only after round 3 admissions are complete ... which would be somewhere in july

As per my understanding, this is not how it has been all these years. Round 1 waitlists normally do get considered for round 2 and do get to know the decision by round 2 decision date .. so i am not sure if something has changed this year

I guess i will call up again on monday
Manager
Manager
Send PM
findprithvi wrote:
He mentioned that the waitlisted candidates will get to know the decision only after round 3...
... Round 1, round 2, round 3 waitlists will be put in a common pool and would be given a chance only after round 3 admissions are complete ... which would be somewhere in july

As per my understanding, this is not how it has been all these years. Round 1 waitlists normally do get considered for round 2 and do get to know the decision by round 2 decision date .. so i am not sure if something has changed this year

In past years, they admitted wait listed candidates on rolling basis closer to R2 admission date. I'll be very curious to learn if they have changed their process this year. Please post what you learn from the EWMBA office today :) Thank you!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Those on the WL- should we just exchange email ids and take our discussions offline?

What is the date by which you have to submit additional materials?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bschoolapp8 wrote:
findprithvi wrote:

In past years, they admitted wait listed candidates on rolling basis closer to R2 admission date. I'll be very curious to learn if they have changed their process this year. Please post what you learn from the EWMBA office today :) Thank you!

Yup .. just spoke to Monica
She confirmed that R1 waitlists would be considered with R2 applicants .. and would get to know the decision by 3/29.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
findprithvi wrote:
bschoolapp8 wrote:
findprithvi wrote:

Yup .. just spoke to Monica
She confirmed that R1 waitlists would be considered with R2 applicants .. and would get to know the decision by 3/29.

awesome thank you!! I suppose they want to look at the entire pool before making their decision. So much for being early round applicants!! :| Deadline for additional documents is March 10th?

I'm ok with communicating via emails but prefer the forum with the hope that more waitlisters join us down the road and we have a bigger forum to discuss :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bschoolapp8 wrote:
awesome thank you!! I suppose they want to look at the entire pool before making their decision. So much for being early round applicants!! :| Deadline for additional documents is March 10th?

I'm ok with communicating via emails but prefer the forum with the hope that more waitlisters join us down the road and we have a bigger forum to discuss :)

yup .. deadline is march 10th

i agree ..'So much for being early round applicants!!' :|
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Did you get the email about the waitlist only chat on Friday? Can we all collect common questions here?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Yes, got the invite for chat.
Is anyone planning to do the pre-req? I noticed it takes 3-6 months to get that done so i am not sure if we should do it now or wait till summer? What else are you guys thinking of doing?

I am also interested to know how many have been waitlisted though i don't think we will ever know that..haha
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Send PM
Interviewed today...now I get to wait...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
RG, how did it go? I had mine a little while back. Overall, I thought it went well. I was a little nervous and felt like the 30 mins flew by.

RG0105 wrote:
Interviewed today...now I get to wait...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Send PM
CaliCpa wrote:
RG, how did it go? I had mine a little while back. Overall, I thought it went well. I was a little nervous and felt like the 30 mins flew by.

I felt exactly the same. I didn't think my answers were uber long or anything, but it certainly didn't feel like 30 mins. The interviewer explained that they only have 30 mins to interview and then 30 mins to write it up, so they're on a pretty tight schedule.

It was a prety casual coversation...no surprising questions.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  32   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6919 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts