Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 15:31 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [4]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Send PM
Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
rgupta83 wrote:
Just got dinged off the waitlist. Good Luck to everyone still waiting on the WL for for R2.

What in the hellin was Kellogg thinking?!! Kellogg this decision is bad news bears! Sorry rgupta, but it's totally Fuqua's gain!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
WE:Pharmaceuticals (Health Care)
Send PM
rgupta83 wrote:
Just got dinged off the waitlist. Good Luck to everyone still waiting on the WL for for R2.

Sorry to hear that man, you've been very helpful on this forum. Good luck at Fuqua!

Cheetarah: Thanks for that detailed report, I would expect nothing less of you.

Everyone: So it turns out that I'm having my alumni interview over dinner at some restaurant. Is this normal? I actually think it could be beneficial in a way since I have had job interviews in this setting that went really well. Something about the ambiance that helps to break the ice I guess. But still, it does seem a little unusual for a business school interview and does bring up some questions - should I be in a suit? Should I offer to or insist on paying the bill? Decline any offer of alcohol?

Thoughts?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.72
Send PM
healthcareguy wrote:
rgupta83 wrote:

Sorry to hear that man, you've been very helpful on this forum. Good luck at Fuqua!

Everyone: So it turns out that I'm having my alumni interview over dinner at some restaurant. Is this normal? I actually think it could be beneficial in a way since I have had job interviews in this setting that went really well. Something about the ambiance that helps to break the ice I guess. But still, it does seem a little unusual for a business school interview. Any thoughts?

My interview was at a coffee shop. While both cases may be unusual for traditional interviews, I think the Kellogg interview is more conversational and I think attempts to tease out fit more than anything. I'm not a big fan of meal interviews just because I find it impossible to eat during the interview, but you're right the meal does help the flow of the conversation. Best of luck.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Consulting2Finance wrote:
healthcareguy wrote:
rgupta83 wrote:

Everyone: So it turns out that I'm having my alumni interview over dinner at some restaurant. Is this normal? I actually think it could be beneficial in a way since I have had job interviews in this setting that went really well. Something about the ambiance that helps to break the ice I guess. But still, it does seem a little unusual for a business school interview. Any thoughts?

My interview was at a coffee shop. While both cases may be unusual for traditional interviews, I think the Kellogg interview is more conversational and I think attempts to tease out fit more than anything. I'm not a big fan of meal interviews just because I find it impossible to eat during the interview, but you're right the meal does help the flow of the conversation. Best of luck.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM
Apparently financial aid packages are supposed to be sent out today or tomorrow. I called the financial aid office because I feel like it was taking too long.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Send PM
Charlie11 wrote:
Apparently financial aid packages are supposed to be sent out today or tomorrow. I called the financial aid office because I feel like it was taking too long.

Really? FAFSA was just due this week.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM
FAFSA was available about a month ago and Kellogg's package shortly thereafter. They seemed to stress the importance of getting it in early so I guess I felt it was a bit of hurry up and wait.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V47
Send PM
cheetarah1980 wrote:
Charlie11 wrote:

Really? FAFSA was just due this week.

shoot, is this the case for R2 applicants too? I haven't touched the FAFSA yet... nor have I done anything about my taxes for this year lol
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:ISB(Waitlisted) INSEAD(interview) Kellogg(Re-applicant i/w last time) Johnson(Re-applicant i/w last time) IESE(Re-applicant i/w last time)
 Q49  V38
GPA: 3.3
WE 1: 4
Send PM
Any interview invites after getting it waived off for second round? I am based out of Mumbai. Last year I had my interview waived off and then interviewed again later. This time the wait it just getting longer. Please update if some one has heard from them.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Leadership, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
healthcareguy wrote:
rgupta83 wrote:

Everyone: So it turns out that I'm having my alumni interview over dinner at some restaurant. Is this normal? I actually think it could be beneficial in a way since I have had job interviews in this setting that went really well. Something about the ambiance that helps to break the ice I guess. But still, it does seem a little unusual for a business school interview and does bring up some questions - should I be in a suit? Should I offer to or insist on paying the bill? Decline any offer of alcohol?

Thoughts?

During my interview I offered to pay the bill. My interviewer said they had the rule of paying half of the check ALWAYS. So I ended up paying for my bottle of water, while my interviewer payed for his coke.
I would definitely decline any offer of alcohol.
I belive you should consider this similar to a job interview.
Once you get accepted you can invite him to celebrate for a beer.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
felgonza wrote:
healthcareguy wrote:
rgupta83 wrote:

Thoughts?

During my interview I offered to pay the bill. My interviewer said they had the rule of paying half of the check ALWAYS. So I ended up paying for my bottle of water, while my interviewer payed for his coke.
I would definitely decline any offer of alcohol.
I belive you should consider this similar to a job interview.
Once you get accepted you can invite him to celebrate for a beer.

So don't start off the interview with two shots of Jager? j/k thanks for the tip about the payment rule - I had no idea.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
Send PM
Finally an interview invite... I was already getting desperate :-/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
Send PM
Kudos
Randomness wrote:
Any interview invites after getting it waived off for second round? I am based out of Mumbai. Last year I had my interview waived off and then interviewed again later. This time the wait it just getting longer. Please update if some one has heard from them.

Oh, just noticed your post. My interview was waived 2 weeks ago, and just half an hour ago I got an invite. Hope it helps...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hey guys.
I received a interview waiver a few weeks ago, and today I received an email from the school asking me to call to set up a phone interview.
Now, I'm assuming this is a good sign (interview waived, then they want to interview me now...), but I've never done a phone interview.
Do you guys think it will positively affect or at least be okay to ask them for an on-campus interview instead? Or should I just go ahead and set up a phone interview?
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
shady14 wrote:
Hey guys.
I received a interview waiver a few weeks ago, and today I received an email from the school asking me to call to set up a phone interview.
Now, I'm assuming this is a good sign (interview waived, then they want to interview me now...), but I've never done a phone interview.
Do you guys think it will positively affect or at least be okay to ask them for an on-campus interview instead? Or should I just go ahead and set up a phone interview?
Thanks.

Reading the previous threads, rajatar answered my question (It's not possible to change on on-campus interview). *sigh*

Alrighty. I'll see what happens. :|
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Leadership, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
shady14 wrote:
shady14 wrote:
Hey guys.
Thanks.

Reading the previous threads, rajatar answered my question (It's not possible to change on on-campus interview). *sigh*

Alrighty. I'll see what happens. :|

perhaps you can ask for a skype interview...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Healthcare, Other
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V35
GPA: 3.62
WE:Editorial and Writing (Journalism and Publishing)
Send PM
shady14 wrote:
Hey guys.
Thanks.

Just check my previous post~~~you can not change the interview format(phone -- f2f), so even if you go to kellogg, you still have to make a cal......hiahia

anyway ,gl everyone~~I check the clearadmit interview guide, is says that an interview after waiver is a good sign, lol
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  71   72   73   74   75   76   77  ...  97   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts