Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 12:19 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 12:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Affiliations: IIT Alumni Association, ISB Alumni Association
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT Date: 02-25-2012
Manager
Manager
Re: Please Guide me!! [#permalink]
Hi Santanu 76,

Last Wednesday i wrote a full length test from platinum GMAT. I got the mark range from 640-700 and the verbal percentile raised mean while i was able to finish verbal 10 mins ahead of my time. i got 4 wrongs in verbal of which 2 were SC and 1CR and 1 RC.In quantitative i had problem cos the page delayed loading question. i had to refresh everytime i go to next questions. this took almost 15mins from my regular time,still i was able to finish though my expected result was 80-85 percentile in quans.I felt little satisfied. I am going to try with knewton next and only one week left i think i must stop exams by friday and revise for next week
Send PM
Good to know you have improved on your test scores - I had faced the same refresh problem with PlatinumGMAT...:)

However, didn't you take the GMATPrep tests again?

You should take both at least once more each, after installing.

I think you should take at least 3 full tests in the last week instead of just revising.

You definitely need more test practice - will do you good.
Manager
Manager
Hi Santanu 76,

Yeah ok Santanu cos i don have much to revise any ways ..i will just check with few things as a brush up and will take GMAT PREP again after reinstalling.. i did take GMAT PREP 2 and i got about 680.

i will take three full tests
Manager
Manager
HI santanu76,

I have given almost 4 GMAT Prep exams and each was around 650 -680....(gave during weekends)

But the last one which i gave today, after reinstalling the GMAT Prep again i got only 420..i was surprised y the result...Damn wat is happening al of a sudden..after my first test of real GMAT i have improved to some extent and my target gmat score is not as high as other expect 730 or 750...just in the range where i stand now..

when i reviewed i found out that even easy questions that i know well i have made mistake..
wats wrong??
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 115 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Send PM
Santanu, I think you need to be a little more blunt to guide him/her to the right path.

@ Vaishnav(i) :

As I see you do not have much time left for the real test, unless you are ready to reschedule.
My advice to you would be get a little more realistic and plan accordingly. Free tests on Knewton, Veritas etc. are relatively easy when compared to the real thing. Have you tried MGMAT or Kaplan ?
Target a realistic score for yourself. Now, if you have difficulty managing time, pick questions on which you shall 'only' guess. That gives you, in other words, bonus time to get the questions you know well, correct. A spread of guess-es across the whole test, and completing the test with less errors will easily lead you ashore.
All the best.
Manager
Manager
Hi vailad,

I have given Kaplan and MGMAT when i wrote my first GMAT exams but not now...shall i give them now again to see how i get ?
Send PM
Vailad

I have been blunt with her earlier - pls read the full thread - else Viashnavi was planning to take he test again in first week of Feb.

All the best for your GMAT! I think you'll do well....

Vaishnavi

I had told you many times to unistall and reinstall the GMATPrep tests so that you do not get many repeats - just taking the same tests again and again won't help.

At this late stage, there's no point in panicking. Take the GMATPrep 2 again, uninstall GMATPrep and retake the tests. Go through the solutions and try not to make the same mistakes.

Keep your calm, be strong and give it your best shot - that will help your score - panicking won't.
Send PM
Vailad

Taking MGMAT tests again won't help her much - she should target lower and reasonable difficulty tests - which are closer to the actual GMAT - at this stage. My two cents.
Manager
Manager
Hi Santanu76,

i have been reloading GMATprep again and again.it does not have any repeated questions believe me...i uninstalled and reinstalled again today and wrote a test of which nothing was repeated. But anyways i don have any fear,cos as you said in the last moment if i start to fear my ability to do well will go down,i have been preparing for past 4 months for GMAT on the whole so i should be able to succeed ...Thanks for your Concern. Thanks a lot santanu. Your timely help really paid back a new confidence to me.I appreciate your help. Thanks once again.
Send PM
All the best! Be confident and try not to think about your score when you take the GMAT.

Just do your best. Eat well, try to sleep well the previous night as well.

See a good Telugu movie and leave the rest to fate.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 115 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Vaishnavi, I did not ask you to take the MGMATs at this point; I only mentioned them to have you gauge your performance more closely as other tests might mislead you with inflated scores.
Anyways, no point worrying more and as Santanu said, the best thing to do now is to calm your nerves and feel confident. (That goes with me too :roll: )

P.S: You can consider giving Kudos to Santanu's posts. Why act so miser ? :P
Manager
Manager
Hi Santanu76,

Yeah okies..ha ha ha btw why telugu movies? anyways i do watch telugu movie..so no problem, i watch atleast one a day now a days :p..

Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Hi Vailad,

I have given kudos for you too...happy!!
I am not taking any full length exams anymore, i will see to that i remain calm and revise all my notes so far,to overcome my mistakes.Thanks for your concern.Appreciate your help Vailad.Thank you
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 115 [0]
Send PM
vaishnavilaguduva wrote:
Hi Vailad,

I have given kudos for you too...happy!!

There you go, Vaishnavi - I had asked you to consider kudos for Santanu's posts and not for my posts - You are not reading it as closely as you should. Your RC will hurt. :P

I am not taking any full length exams anymore, i will see to that i remain calm and revise all my notes so far,to overcome my mistakes.Thanks for your concern.Appreciate your help Vailad.Thank you

Good for you. :) I never prepared any notes, now wondering what and how to revise. :(
And I need more luck and less appreciation. I am slotted a day earlier than you.
Send PM
Telugu movies, as I thought you were Telugu:)

BTW: I'm happy that you gave kudos to vailad - he richly deserves it, but he had asked you to give kudos to poor me:)

I agree with vailad - you can definitely improve your RC skills...:)
Send PM
Vailad

I didn't prepare any notes either - am not a very organized person. You will do fine, don't worry...
Manager
Manager
Hi Santanu 76,Vailad...

I think i have given more kudos to Santanu 76, Santanu,dont you think so? Yeah poor girl i have to improve RC more...poor reading :P.

Btw i don have any notes i have to go through things which i worked out so far, my full length tests etc etc..

I too need more luck..cos i think for my first gmat everything turned upside down cos of my luck..very unlucky girl cha cha cha :( :'( :P
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3