Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 15:52 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [2]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
cheetarah1980 wrote:
UKHopeful wrote:
Any ideas on the timeframe involved between i-view and final decision? I had an off campus i-view last Friday and patiently :shock: waiting for a response.....

What does the website say?

I interviewed off-site as well, and my status still reads "Submitted xx/xx/xxxx", only with a new check mark next to "Schedule An Interview" under the Application Checklist.

I'm only waiting to hear the decision on 3/20 (if I'm lucky) or 3/21 (if not :cry: ) at this point. Which, as many of you know, is the hardest part.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Had my interview (on-campus) on Saturday. It was very relaxed (as all of my interview have been) and was done by a second year admissions fellow. There were no suprises- no curveballs; here are the questions, in order, as I recall them:

- Walk me through your resume
- Why Booth, why now?
- What is your LT goal? How did you develop it?
- What will you bring to Booth?
- What clubs/ECs will you get involved with?
- Tell me about a time when you failed.
- Tell me about a time when you faced adversity.
- What do you like to do for fun?
- Do you have any questions for me?

If you look at the Clearadmit wiki or past interview questions within this thread you can see that, at least for those who choose to interview on-campus, there is not a lot of variation between the questions asked for each candidate.

Good luck all!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
S2S wrote:
cheetarah1980 wrote:
UKHopeful wrote:
Any ideas on the timeframe involved between i-view and final decision? I had an off campus i-view last Friday and patiently :shock: waiting for a response.....

What does the website say?

I interviewed off-site as well, and my status still reads "Submitted xx/xx/xxxx", only with a new check mark next to "Schedule An Interview" under the Application Checklist.

I'm only waiting to hear the decision on 3/20 (if I'm lucky) or 3/21 (if not :cry: ) at this point. Which, as many of you know, is the hardest part.

I second that. A month long wait begins...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.6
WE:Pharmaceuticals (Consulting)
Send PM
Bah! Month long wait sucks! This is where I want to go to!
Anything to do except sitting back and sipping scotch? :P
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
I have interviewed last week on campus with a 2nd year student. While I think I have answered all of the basic questions correctly: Why MBA? Why now? Examples of teamwork, insiring others, dealing with your coworkers etc - I did not feel good rapport between me and the student, and while I was trying hard, the conversation wasn't as smooth as I was hoping for.
I just now realize how much of the admission process is just pure luck - I thought I did well, but the human factor was clearly at play...Booth ranks their interviews on a scale from 1-6, anyone felt the same way after the interview? Felt that the connection wasn't there? Anyone got in after a "not-so-good" interview?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Schools: Booth '14 (M)
GPA: 3.9
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
vsetia wrote:
Bah! Month long wait sucks! This is where I want to go to!
Anything to do except sitting back and sipping scotch? :P

Pray!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.72
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
riskylvrg wrote:
I have interviewed last week on campus with a 2nd year student. While I think I have answered all of the basic questions correctly: Why MBA? Why now? Examples of teamwork, insiring others, dealing with your coworkers etc - I did not feel good rapport between me and the student, and while I was trying hard, the conversation wasn't as smooth as I was hoping for.
I just now realize how much of the admission process is just pure luck - I thought I did well, but the human factor was clearly at play...Booth ranks their interviews on a scale from 1-6, anyone felt the same way after the interview? Felt that the connection wasn't there? Anyone got in after a "not-so-good" interview?

For what it's worth my first year greater said she thought she bombed her interview, and she got in. The interview is a component of the application, but unlike a job interview, where everyone is basically at the same level after the resume review, interview feedback is just a portion of the final evaluation.

You many not have done as bad as you feel and even if you did, the rest of your application may make up for it.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I'd like to think so. The interview was short - only 35 min - and I asked a ton of questions about the school last 10 minutes to keep the conversation going. I have spoken with quite a few students at Booth and honestly wanted more feedback on some of the school's policies. I don't think i bombed it, but I dodn't think the student "liked" me. Any more stories/ feedback is appreciated.

Consulting2Finance wrote:
riskylvrg wrote:

For what it's worth my first year greater said she thought she bombed her interview, and she got in. The interview is a component of the application, but unlike a job interview, where everyone is basically at the same level after the resume review, interview feedback is just a portion of the final evaluation.

You many not have done as bad as you feel and even if you did, the rest of your application may make up for it.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
For those who have already been admitted, can you comment on whether you received the merit-based scholarship/fellowship with your admission packet? Just curious when the financial aid decisions are made- thx!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
riskylvrg wrote:
I'd like to think so. The interview was short - only 35 min - and I asked a ton of questions about the school last 10 minutes to keep the conversation going. I have spoken with quite a few students at Booth and honestly wanted more feedback on some of the school's policies. I don't think i bombed it, but I dodn't think the student "liked" me. Any more stories/ feedback is appreciated.

Consulting2Finance wrote:
riskylvrg wrote:

i had a similar experience this past saturday as well. i don't think i bombed it, but i think the "chemistry" component wasn't there. my interviewer didn't ask a lot of probing questions, and i wasn't sure if it was because he wasn't interested or if i wasn't explaining something right. of course, we were smiling and nodding throughout the interview, but given stories of how others had hour-long interviews and truly bonded with their interviewers, i don't think that really happened for me.

i'm just writing it off as environment-driven. maybe it was because my interview happened on campus during a weekend when there were tons and tons of applicants also interviewing at the same time. something about that environment feeds the "just the facts ma'am" feeling--not as much leeway to get off schedule and explore / probe deeper in different areas.

i'm just going to hope for the best and live life during the wait. :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
@ Jerseygal - it's very difficult, however, how they finally interview you on the scale of 1 to 6. Besides, the yield for Booth is 60%, so they do give out admission to the students that they might not have LOVED. The wait is painful, however, no questions asked.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
PaulAllen wrote:
For those who have already been admitted, can you comment on whether you received the merit-based scholarship/fellowship with your admission packet? Just curious when the financial aid decisions are made- thx!

I was told over the phone when I got the call from admissions to let me know I had been accepted.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ls413 wrote:
PaulAllen wrote:

I was told over the phone when I got the call from admissions to let me know I had been accepted.

Thanks! That's awesome that they tell you right away unlike, say CBS, who makes you wait forever.

Anyone know whether Booth has historically been generous with the merit-based scholarships?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
PaulAllen wrote:
ls413 wrote:
PaulAllen wrote:

Thanks! That's awesome that they tell you right away unlike, say CBS, who makes you wait forever.

Anyone know whether Booth has historically been generous with the merit-based scholarships?

The merit scholarships range from $10,000 to $30,000 per year. There are details about scholarships on the Booth website.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Quote:
Quote:

The merit scholarships range from $10,000 to $30,000 per year. There are details about scholarships on the Booth website.

May be too soon to ask. But does anyone know what percentage of admits get some form of scholarship?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
GMAT 1: 710 Q41 V46
GMAT 2: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 3
Send PM
nullvoid325 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

May be too soon to ask. But does anyone know what percentage of admits get some form of scholarship?

About a third.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Quote:

The merit scholarships range from $10,000 to $30,000 per year. There are details about scholarships on the Booth website.[/quote]

I'd also add that Booth offers a handful of fellowships, that in some cases are worth full tuition. I've been told that those decisions are not typically made until very deep into R2. My understanding is that the adcom likes to have a better picture of the incoming class before offering the fellowships.

So, you could receive a merit scholarship at time of acceptance and then have it replaced by a fellowship at some later point in time. You could also receive no merit scholarship at time of acceptance and then end up receiving $$ if someone else decided to not utilize the Booth scholarship (i.e. they attend another school).
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  86   87   88   89   90  ...  117   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts