Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:44 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all ESADE applicants for 2012 intake!! [#permalink]
Hi Baume7,

Congratulations on your admission into the Esade Master in Marketing Management , I've sent in my admission documents and i'm waiting for gmac to send my official score results. Esade is number one on my list! My question is regarding the gmat, how strict are they on their gmat requirements? What was the score you applied with?

I have a score of 620 right now, I was aiming for a 650 because I need to compensate for a low GPA . I'm considering taking the gmat again, although I've taken up to 10 practice exams and the highest score I've gotten was a 630, so I don't know how much higher I can get. My profile:

gmat: 620
gpa: 2.8
Work Experience: 4 years - Advertising + Marketing
Community Work: Co-founder of an NGO youth chapter, with the goal of developing fundraising activities aimed at youth.

I'm pretty confident in my profile regarding my work experience and community work, which I have elaborated on in my essays. I believe that If I was interviewed by Esade I would be able to show that I can make a valuable contribution to the program. I'm just not too confident on my gmat score since the course average is 650. Any insights you can offer is highly appreciated!

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Oh and I've applied for the Marketing in Management as well.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi samik! Well from what I know, to be safe, you should get a GMAT that's at or higher than the average of the year before. My GMAT was 640. The 2010 average for Msc Marketing Management was 640, but the 2011 ave was 650.

But from what I know, ESADE really looks at the entire profile and the whole package that the applicant is selling. My interview, like that of many, was more about them getting a sense of who you are in if you'd be a good fit for ESADE. Where are you from by the way?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Baume7,

Thanks for your reply, I'm Palestinian living in the UAE. If I get into Esade we'll link up!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 610 Q44 V31
WE:Consulting (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Hey,

do not worry about your GMAT. Actually I applied for the MSc in Internat. Management intake 2012 and really worried about my GMAT score (610 - pretty far below my average score of 660).
Finally I got an invite for an interview and was interviewed yesterday - will receive the final decision soon and will keep you updated.

So if your overall profile fits, you should not worry about your GMAT.

BR,

jbelli
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
samik wrote:
Hi Baume7,

Congratulations on your admission into the Esade Master in Marketing Management , I've sent in my admission documents and i'm waiting for gmac to send my official score results. Esade is number one on my list! My question is regarding the gmat, how strict are they on their gmat requirements? What was the score you applied with?

I have a score of 620 right now, I was aiming for a 650 because I need to compensate for a low GPA . I'm considering taking the gmat again, although I've taken up to 10 practice exams and the highest score I've gotten was a 630, so I don't know how much higher I can get. My profile:

gmat: 620
gpa: 2.8
Work Experience: 4 years - Advertising + Marketing
Community Work: Co-founder of an NGO youth chapter, with the goal of developing fundraising activities aimed at youth.

I'm pretty confident in my profile regarding my work experience and community work, which I have elaborated on in my essays. I believe that If I was interviewed by Esade I would be able to show that I can make a valuable contribution to the program. I'm just not too confident on my gmat score since the course average is 650. Any insights you can offer is highly appreciated!

Thanks

I have got an interview invite from LBS MiM. In case I do not get an admit to LBS after the interview, I will be also applying to ESADE's MIF. Anyway, a good GMAT is important, but don't worry about the max you get at the demo. My maximum demo score was only 660, but I did my demo tests only after work. When I took my GMAT exam, I had taken a day off at work and managed to score 710 :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey,

actually even a low 600 can be concidered "a good GMAT" - as stated before the entire package you sell does matter not the GMAT itself. Even though a very good GMAT can improve your overall profile, do not worry to much about a good GMAT if the rest of your profile is special and stands out compared with the "average".

Br,

jbelli
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for your input and support guys, really appreciate it, thankfully i've been granted an interview and actually have it tonight!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey,

see GMAT does not matter THAT much ;-). Don't worry about the interview - as baume stated its very friendly and the intension is more to get to know you than to test you.
With my interview it was quite similar - just got a call at 10ish in the morning and was asked to attend the interview at 12ish.

Good luck for you interview.

BR,

jbelli
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey,

I just received my official admission to the ESADE MSc in Internat. Management 12/13.
:-D

@ baume: do you mind sending your contact details (e-mail / facebook / something similar)
to get into touch?

Have a nice evening - mine will definitely be awesome :-)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congratulations guys on your admission. I got admitted into the Esade Msc in Marketing Management for September 2012 intake! Ecstatic right now!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey samik,

congrats on your admission, too! If you'd like to get into touch with me just send me your contact Details (facebook etc.)!
Have a nice day!

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts