Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 18:45 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
WE:Marketing (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
WE:Marketing (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink]
peco wrote:
Is it more advisable to send updates via email or via the application log-in? If i plan to send via the log-in, which of the options is best to use for the upload? Help needed ASAP. Thanks.

I'm not sure if one is preferred over the other, but I used the upload tool within the application log-in.[/quote]

Did you use the Post-Decision Material tab? If otherwise, how exactly did you upload your updates? Thanks for the prompt response.[/quote]

Yes, I used the Post-decision material tab.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for the info. I should upload my upload mine soon too. I hope I can get a video in before the deadline. Whew!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Just received this email from Booth...I am sure everyone on the waitlist received this but just wanted to post here..It says "by next Thursday March 1st", but next Thursday is not March 1st...small error by the adcom..

Thank you for your patience and continued interest in Booth. We are in the final stretch of round two decisions and want to update you on the waitlist process going forth. All waitlist updates, including videos, need to be submitted to our office by next Thursday, March 1st, at 5:00pm CST. Your application, as well as any additional materials, will be evaluated along with the round two applications. The decision date for all round two and waitlisted applicants is March 21st. On that day you will receive a final decision or potentially remain on the waitlist.

For additional information about the waitlist process we recommend referring to the blog entry from December 20th. As always if you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at admissions@chicagobooth.edu or 773.702.7639.

Chicago Booth
Full-Time MBA
Office of Admissions
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Marketing
GPA: 3.72
Send PM
topMBA12 wrote:
Just received this email from Booth...I am sure everyone on the waitlist received this but just wanted to post here..It says "by next Thursday March 1st", but next Thursday is not March 1st...small error by the adcom..

Thank you for your patience and continued interest in Booth. We are in the final stretch of round two decisions and want to update you on the waitlist process going forth. All waitlist updates, including videos, need to be submitted to our office by next Thursday, March 1st, at 5:00pm CST. Your application, as well as any additional materials, will be evaluated along with the round two applications. The decision date for all round two and waitlisted applicants is March 21st. On that day you will receive a final decision or potentially remain on the waitlist.

For additional information about the waitlist process we recommend referring to the blog entry from December 20th. As always if you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at admissions@chicagobooth.edu or 773.702.7639.

Chicago Booth
Full-Time MBA
Office of Admissions

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed. I'm 99% sure the hard stop date is March 1, from prior emails so I would disregard the "next Thursday" comment.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Tuck '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
jessikins231 wrote:
topMBA12 wrote:

Chicago Booth
Full-Time MBA
Office of Admissions

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed. I'm 99% sure the hard stop date is March 1, from prior emails so I would disregard the "next Thursday" comment.

Not to be a grammar-grinch, but I received the mail from Booth on Friday, 17th Feb. Grammatically, that makes Thursday, 23rd Feb "this Thursday", and 1st March becomes "Next Thursday" :).... in any case, 1st March is the date :)...

Cheers
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just a few more days to the deadline and I still cant come up with a video that wont hurt my application. How many more people have sent out videos or is the majority in my shoes. I was successful at only sending an essay-like update.

This is wishing everyone the best!! Bless
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.08
Send PM
peco wrote:
Just a few more days to the deadline and I still cant come up with a video that wont hurt my application. How many more people have sent out videos or is the majority in my shoes. I was successful at only sending an essay-like update.

Just submitted my video! Good luck everybody!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V44

WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
BYURover wrote:
peco wrote:

Just submitted my video! Good luck everybody!

Good job! Would you mind sharing a little bit about your video? Mine is just a 90-second footage of me talking about myself :?

Did you also submit a written update?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Real Estate, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 540 Q38 V27
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.69
Send PM
I just wrapped up my video. It took forever to come up with a concept but I ended up basing it off of my PowerPoint slides and expanding on their message. I hired a video production and motion graphics firm (family friend who provided a steep discount) to help bring everything together. Ultimately, I knew what I wanted and knew that doing the post-production work would take me weeks to complete myself. So I felt that the extra couple hundred bucks would be well worth the investment. In the end, it looks fantastic.

In addition to the video, I uploaded (and emailed) a 700-word 'update' that clarified a few things in my initial application and added some of the accomplishments that I have done since applying last fall. Also, I visited campus once again a few weeks back and met briefly with a member of Adcom. In addition, I also received an addition letter of recommendation. The two that I submitted initially were work related. The latest recommendation is geared more toward my academic potential and community service.

Hope this helps. The wait is excruciating!

Originally posted by bcdilley on 28 Feb 2012, 16:56.
Last edited by bcdilley on 29 Feb 2012, 11:35, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 139 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
^^ That's super impressive!!

I've been busy at work like crazy and haven't had any chance to put together a video. I might make a no-frills 90 sec video tomorrow if time permits..It will only be about me talking about myself..If it turns out bad, I won't send it..If it's decent, I might..

I'm still leaning towards not sending one though..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 100
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Send PM
Uploaded my video! I ended up having fun making it. I shot video with my iPhone and used iMovie to edit it and put in some titles and transitions. 90 seconds isn't very long! I went a little over. Haven't decided if I'm going to do a letter or not.. I talked about updates in my video, so I'm not sure what I would write about.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing
GPA: 3.72
Send PM
I've tried to do everything possible to show Booth how much I want to be there, so fingers crossed it works.

I submitted my video about a month ago- I'm interested in marketing so basically marketed myself and told "my story"- why they should admit me/why I am a good fit with Booth. I tried to address some of the concerns the AdCom may have about my work experience (only 2 years out) and make it fun and unique. There are definitely a lot of moments where I just want to laugh at myself for how ridiculous I am (involving one scene with me wearing war paint...), but in a good way. If anything, I hope it will be memorable.

Also visited campus back in January and briefly met with an Admissions Rep, and last week submitted a 750 essay better clarifying why I want to go to Booth and why getting an MBA now makes sense at this point in my career/work updates. A co-worker who went to Booth also submitted a Letter of Support on my behalf.

Hopefully it isn't overkill and more just shows them how serious I am. The wait is getting painful.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
For those who have submitted additional essays/updates, can you please share where did you upload them on the portal?

I see a "Post-Decision Material" option in the drop down menu in the Upload Materials section. Did you guys use this option or something else?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
Send PM
You guys probably already realized this by now but in case this helps, March 1st is indeed Thursday. So AdCom did not make a mistake. This year is leap year.

Edit: Just realized you guys were saying "next' Thursday as in Thursday after Feb 16th. In any case, March 1st (Thursday) seems to be the deadline. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V44

WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
smkwei wrote:
You guys probably already realized this by now but in case this helps, March 1st is indeed Thursday. So AdCom did not make a mistake. This year is leap year.

Edit: Just realized you guys were saying "next' Thursday as in Thursday after Feb 16th. In any case, March 1st (Thursday) seems to be the deadline. Good luck!

Well, the issue was that the AdCom sent out an email on Friday, February 17 saying that the deadline is "next Thursday." As someone pointed out above, this makes sense if you refer to Thursday, February 23 as "this Thursday." However, the confusion was created because I think a lot of people, like me, relate "this" and "next" with weeks. So, for us Thursday, February 23 would actually be "next Thursday" until the end of the preceding week. Starting Sunday, February 19 I would start calling Thursday, February 23 "this Thursday" and Thursday, March 1 "next Thursday."

Anyway, it's all good. We all know now that the deadline is today, March 1 at 5 PM Central.

Good luck everybody!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Real Estate, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 540 Q38 V27
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.69
Send PM
scorpionz wrote:
For those who have submitted additional essays/updates, can you please share where did you upload them on the portal?

I see a "Post-Decision Material" option in the drop down menu in the Upload Materials section. Did you guys use this option or something else?

I posted my update letter to the "Post-Decision Material" section. And just to make sure, I also emailed it to the adcom member with whom I have had contact over the past several months.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Thank you bcdilley.

I also read thru their blog post in which they have mentioned that any update (except the video) should be in the "Upload Materials" section.

I just submitted my update and also a video. My video is very simple compared to some of the ones described above. Just a simple 90 second snapshot of my candidacy. It's not great but then also not as bad as some of the random amateur youtube videos you may encounter.. ;)

Three weeks to go now. I do hope to receive a call on the 20th rather than a mail on the 21st! :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  22