Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 14:39 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:HEC
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Re: Admitted to ESCP & HEC for 2012 Grand Ecole/MIM: Please Help [#permalink]
foars wrote:
Old post and I guess you've made your decision but I'll reply for the sake of future visitors.

HEC is the Harvard Business School of France (general population doesn't even know the existence of INSEAD). ESCP meanwhile is 3rd after ESSEC.
Only issue is that HEC is 30 mins from the main city and ESCP is right in the city which should be much of an issue for you if you're serious about your studies.

I'm not sure if non-EU students are allowed to take a gap year(a friend tried and was rejected by the immigration office) but although there aren't many English internship offers, you shouldn't have problem scoring one. Regarding the social life with French, Paris probably has more international than natives themselves. All my friend's who had been on exchange complained how they didn't have any French friends.

I know all foreigners in the grande école program and they have basically all found an internship in France or been able to do a gap year if they wanted. I only know of two exception from the US and Greece who returned back to their home, but they werent really flexible in their internship hunt (no prior work experience but would only accept marketing internships from big luxury brands - supply chain mgmt in the same company wasnt good enough/what they wanted even though they got it offered).

If you are on exchange I guess you rarely have many French friends on any school in France (having been at ESSEC on exchange myself).
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Admitted to ESCP & HEC for 2012 Grand Ecole/MIM: Please Help [#permalink]