Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 05:55 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 05:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 188 [1]
Given Kudos: 157
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [2]
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V46
GPA: 3.2
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
Kudos
Hello,
I have a suggestion regarding "Calling all fall xxxx AAAAAAAA Applicants" threads

Sometimes I wish to visit the prior years threads to get some specific information and I find that there are like a 100 pages and it's a pain to jump just 5 pages at a time! For example, just now, I wanted to know when the interview calls start rolling for Tuck in the Jan round, but I find that there are 107 pages in the fall 2011 applicants thread and I am having to skim through most pages till I reach the date I am interested in.

I was wondering if we could've either of the following -
The 1st thread be edited such that there would be links to the 1st message about an interview invite, ding, admit, financial aid, admit weekend, etc. (Basically the important milestones in an applicants thread)

Or a way to skip the forum to a particular date I am interested in, like 01/05/2011

Cheers!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72866 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
srjaidev wrote:
Hello,
I have a suggestion regarding "Calling all fall xxxx AAAAAAAA Applicants" threads

Sometimes I wish to visit the prior years threads to get some specific information and I find that there are like a 100 pages and it's a pain to jump just 5 pages at a time! For example, just now, I wanted to know when the interview calls start rolling for Tuck in the Jan round, but I find that there are 107 pages in the fall 2011 applicants thread and I am having to skim through most pages till I reach the date I am interested in.

I was wondering if we could've either of the following -
The 1st thread be edited such that there would be links to the 1st message about an interview invite, ding, admit, financial aid, admit weekend, etc. (Basically the important milestones in an applicants thread)

Or a way to skip the forum to a particular date I am interested in, like 01/05/2011

Cheers!

Thank you. That's a great suggestion for future users (I like it).
Right now, probably the best bet you have is to click the Browse by Kudos button (that will give you the best posts from that thread arranged by the number of kudos - many of those are interview debriefs and you can get the best posts that way (without reading the useless ones).

There is a go to page number feature (which I am sure you have seen (in case not, it is at the bottom of the page under the list of replies on the right hand side).
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
rait_m wrote:
I am a new user. The forum includes tons of absolutely valuable material. However, many posts are over-flooded with different forms of appreciation: thank you, great post, great job!, great compilation etc. If these make up most of the post by volume, they eventually become annoying. Therefore, I propose to add to forum etiquette that this kind of posts are discouraged. Instead, one can give the other 'kudos' for great stuff. Let's keep posts short and simple, and we all benefit from it ...

I know what you are talking about.

Thank you. That's a good old idea... perhaps something the moderators can enforce. We have considered increasing the minimum length of post but people can use the Quote feature to bypass it - let me see if we can have another go and figure out a way to exclude quotes to force people to post longer posts.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Volunteer Experience: 24 Months Full-Time
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014

GRE 1: Q162 V160
GPA: 3.8
WE:Education (Health Care)
Send PM
Kudos
I think the school colors that show our application status ( what-are-the-school-colors-and-how-to-change-them-74316.html#p1031570 ) should be tweaked to be less confusing

"Researching" and "invited to interview" should be different colors, not both blue

And I think "admitted from WL" should not be black

Maybe throw a brown gray or yellow in the mix somewhere

Just an idea
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
iamvolitant wrote:
I think the school colors that show our application status ( what-are-the-school-colors-and-how-to-change-them-74316.html#p1031570 ) should be tweaked to be less confusing

"Researching" and "invited to interview" should be different colors, not both blue

And I think "admitted from WL" should not be black

Maybe throw a brown gray or yellow in the mix somewhere

Just an idea

Thank you. Here is the official Legend. The colors have been changed somewhat this past summer. They are not automatically plugged in when you change your profile.
more here: gmat-club-profile-117405.html

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Hi is tapatalk still enabled for gmatclub forum? I get an error while connecting to gmatclub via tapatalk using my galaxy note.

dzyubam wrote:
jko wrote:
It would be awesome to have a few of the text modifier options in the "Quick reply" box (bold, italics, underline, quotes).

Done.
Markstaa wrote:
Cookiesn wrote:
hey bb - not sure if someone's suggested this already but would you want to activate the gc forums on "tapatalk". It's essentially a new app for mobile devices that will seamlessly integrate into all sorts of forums.

Hi there. I totally agree with Cookiesn. It would be great if you could provide support for Tapatalk — I know from first-hand experience that it's quite easy to take care of on the forum's back end (it's just a matter of installing a simple plugin). At the same time, support for this native iPhone and Android app would address what is otherwise a much less-than-optimal mobile version of this forum and increase audience engagement — it would become much easier for us to follow and participate in forum discussions whilst away from our desktops/notebooks.

Done. Our forum should be available on Tapatalk now.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 698 [1]
Given Kudos: 61
Send PM
Kudos
on the daily gmat questions... can we have it actually full black text and black lettering?

sometimes i'll scroll down too far and see the answers (even better than before)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
kindly discontinue me from your emails. thanks
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
snkrhed wrote:
on the daily gmat questions... can we have it actually full black text and black lettering?

sometimes i'll scroll down too far and see the answers (even better than before)

Will look into it. We recently changed it to make it 'better'
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
ketanvedpathak wrote:
kindly discontinue me from your emails. thanks

Done. your account has been deactivated and you will not receive any more notifications. Thank you.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 628 [0]
Given Kudos: 192
Send PM
Is there any way to bulk import all your favorites from GMAT Club into bookmark sites like delicious ?
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
AbhiJ wrote:
Is there any way to bulk import all your favorites from GMAT Club into bookmark sites like delicious ?

Hm... you mean bookmarks or Kudos? (not aware of though)
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 628 [0]
Given Kudos: 192
Send PM
I mean bookmarks (used the Internet Explorer language where it is called favorites).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 259 [1]
Concentration: IT Consulting
GMAT 2: 520
Send PM
Kudos
Hey guys,

I wont be surprised if this already exists in the GMAT club.

I was just wondering if we have an option to generate the GMAT Club test reports and find out the weak areas, along with the level of questions? I have seen this in MGMAT forum and its handy. Would be good if GMAT club tests also have option to generate reports that will accurately tell us the weak areas.

Cheers.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
ENAFEX wrote:
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if we have an option to generate the GMAT Club test reports and find out the weak areas, along with the level of questions? I have seen this in MGMAT forum and its handy. Would be good if GMAT club tests also have option to generate reports that will accurately tell us the weak areas.

Cheers.

Thank you!
Could you please post a link or an example or a screenshot?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 259 [0]
Concentration: IT Consulting
GMAT 2: 520
Send PM
bb wrote:
ENAFEX wrote:
Hey guys,

Cheers.

Thank you!
Could you please post a link or an example or a screenshot?

Attached is the zip file of my assessment reports.

Attachment:
File comment: Test reports sample
Test Analysis.zip [58.55 KiB]
Downloaded 57 times
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
I know that there was a previous request, but are there plans on fixing access to the forum through the Tapatalk app?

Thanks,

Jeff
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  44