Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 11:15 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 11:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Economics
Schools:Delhi University
Send PM
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake [#permalink]
Thanks ronnie! By the way, what do you mean by "you can avoid filling up the crediting application"? I have applied for the SIM course. I have not read anything about crediting. Explanation? :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
sk8e wrote:
Thanks ronnie! By the way, what do you mean by "you can avoid filling up the crediting application"? I have applied for the SIM course. I have not read anything about crediting. Explanation? :)

No crediting is required for SIM. I think things will appear clearer to you once you complete the enrollment and read the detailed enrollment confirmation. Crediting is such a complex and unique thing that it is hard to explain.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ronnie987 wrote:
sk8e wrote:

No crediting is required for SIM. I think things will appear clearer to you once you complete the enrollment and read the detailed enrollment confirmation. Crediting is such a complex and unique thing that it is hard to explain.

Thanks again. Well, it's only a little bit clearer. The application process is the most difficult of all that I have seen. Maybe it is not so difficult, but the information is not written very clear.

Anyway, even though it's not a SIM topic, I wanted to ask you whether you anything about it? I've decided to apply to this course after all. The only thing that frightens me is a small class (only 40 people), because it might be tough to get in. Anyway, my GMAT = their average + I have work experience as a manager, so that might give a lot to my extracurricular activities. I also speak German at a basic level, but I am planning to improve it to a fluent level.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sk8e wrote:
ronnie987 wrote:
sk8e wrote:

Thanks again. Well, it's only a little bit clearer. The application process is the most difficult of all that I have seen. Maybe it is not so difficult, but the information is not written very clear.

Anyway, even though it's not a SIM topic, I wanted to ask you whether you anything about it? I've decided to apply to this course after all. The only thing that frightens me is a small class (only 40 people), because it might be tough to get in. Anyway, my GMAT = their average + I have work experience as a manager, so that might give a lot to my extracurricular activities. I also speak German at a basic level, but I am planning to improve it to a fluent level.

I don't have much information about SIM besides the fact that it is ranked no. 1 in FT rankings. Since it's ranked above the best of schools in Europe, I presume it to be excellent. Although the SIM class size is relatively small, I guess the programme receives much less applications than MBF.
GMAT plays a major role is St Gallen's admissions, irrespective of the major you apply to. Given your GMAT score, the chances for you are quite high.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hey Guys,
Has anyone received any update?
These days a career fair is going on at HSG. A lot of companies have participated and are offering exciting career opportunities. My friend at HSG has revealed that most of the corporations are looking for German speaking candidates and are not really interested in taking trouble of arranging work-permits ( for internships) for the non-EU guys.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ronnie987 wrote:
Hey Guys,
Has anyone received any update?
These days a career fair is going on at HSG. A lot of companies have participated and are offering exciting career opportunities. My friend at HSG has revealed that most of the corporations are looking for German speaking candidates and are not really interested in taking trouble of arranging work-permits ( for internships) for the non-EU guys.

Hi :)
What kind of update are you talking about? As far as I know, they make the final decisions in June. Anyway, I think it is pretty normal, that Swiss and German employers are looking for German speaking students. I think that everyone who gets admitted should start learning the language. However, I do not know how to help non-EU citizens...

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
 Q49  V35 GMAT 2: 720  Q49  V39
Send PM
Hey guys, I got my admission letter today :) and my admission status on the service portal has changed to "definitiv zuegalassen". Has anyone else got the confirmation?

Manager
Manager
Send PM
sk8e: I have just checked last year's forum and discovered that people who applied in Feb got decisions in April.

Originally posted by ronnie987 on 20 Mar 2012, 02:30.
Last edited by ronnie987 on 27 Dec 2013, 15:41, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
It is strange. I would have applied earlier if I had known that. Anyway, maybe everyone can post what their online application status says?

Mine says "materielle Prüfung II ok"

pradeepskunwar, do you mind sharing your profile? :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hey guys,
My status has changed to "materielle Prüfung II ok". According to admissions, it means that the application has been forwarded to MBF committee, which makes the final decision.
My guess: We are into the final step now. expect a decision within a month.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Good luck ronnie987!

According to my calculations, if I get 15 points out of 20 for my extrecurricular activities and my motivation letter, I should get a direct admit. Tough, but possible :)

Manager
Manager
Send PM
ronnie987 and Sk8e thanks for the wishes.

Here's my profile:
GMAT - 720
Work Ex - 6 years in financial research
UnderGrad Degree - Commerce

Wish you luck with the results!! And hope to see you Switzerland in Sept.

Cheers!
Pradeep
Manager
Manager
Send PM
@sk8e: I think since your status has changed to "materielle Prüfung II ok", it effectively means that you have not been admitted directly. Otherwise, you wud have received
"Definite admission" instead of "materielle Prüfung II ok". Direct admissions are not evaluated by MBF committee.
Sorry, if my explanation has disappointed you.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Pradeep, what about your GPA and nationality? :)

Ronnie, I doubt that. You can get a direct admit in two ways:
A) your gmat + gpa is enough
B) your gmat + gpa + letter of motivation + extracurricular is enough.

Therefore, for variant B to be possible, all documents should be evaluated first, because the last two elements are qualitative factors.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
hi sk8e

I'm an Indian citizen and my GPA was 5. Given the points system for MBF, I would fall under the second option i.e. GMAT+GPA + LOM + EC.

Pradeep
Manager
Manager
Send PM
5 out of 6 according to their system? Mine is 5.5, 2 years of experience in financial services.

Do you have any international experience?

Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hey sk8e

I have worked in China and Philippines for about 4 months but that's it. And yes my GPA score is on a scale of 6 (5 on 6).
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts