Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:29 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Operations, General Management
WE:Corporate Finance (Transportation)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 157 [0]
Given Kudos: 249
Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2015
GRE 1: Q170 V166
GPA: 3.22
WE:Management Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink]
Hilarious and amazing ahaha
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
That's special...

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I can spot a Nigerian anywhere...even online lol
Manager
Manager
Send PM
JDMBA2012 wrote:
Kedu! To both of you! See I know my people!

You really do know your people. Odi ma (I am fine).
Manager
Manager
Send PM
kawasaki wrote:
Naijaman - how far!

I dey oooo (I'm fine). Just waiting to hear from my schools. I am going to share this story with a lot of people. This is just too funny.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
JDMBA2012 wrote:
I can spot a Nigerian anywhere...even online lol

You can take a man out of Nigeria, but you cannot take Nigeria out of him. Hahahahaha.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: LEAD Program in Business, NSHMBA, NBMBAA
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [1]
Given Kudos: 77
Concentration: General Management
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Kudos
Nigerians roll DEEEEEP on the Diversity Conference circuit. Not gonna lie, I was intimidated - y'all got the game down.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: UCLA (Anderson) - Class of 2014
WE:Sales (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
LOL.... it's hard enough realizing someone's culture when your staring them in the face... let alone figuring it out off of 3 lines on a forum. That's talent.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Oh u guys, if u see how i blush now oooo

But really, if the Darden adcom had the same talent for recognizing my potential as a dual-degree student through my application and interview, I wouldn't even be sitting here sweating bullets on the forum. You'll see me praising my God (not that I don't every day, all day) up and down the Georgetown waterfront. Pray for me oooo!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: UCLA (Anderson) - Class of 2014
WE:Sales (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
aaarrrhhhhggg.... ok. I just called Consortium and ucla. Consortium told me (even though we ALL know this isn't true) that THEY will be tell applicant who recieved the fellowship and who did not....?huh?

UCLA told me that everyone will find out next week who got the fellowship..... what's with all the conflicting information????

Why is the consortium still holding on to this false all-know power as if school aren't making fellowship calls? and why are some people finding out early and some finding out late... I've talked to people who got fellowships last year, and the fellowship recipiants were not always the first to know.. some who got fellowship last year found out late.... way late.

It sounds like UMich and Corrnell are on the ball... every other school seems to be hit or miss.
If I got to wait until next week, I might as well take Mon-Tues-Wed off, cause I ain't getting s*** done.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [3]
GMAT 1: 730 Q44 V45
GPA: 3.1
WE:Other (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Kudos
I got the Fellowship call from Stern!!!! Pretty excited right now. Can't get any work done.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
suchdaddy wrote:
If I got to wait until next week, I might as well take Mon-Tues-Wed off, cause I ain't getting s*** done.

I'm with you. I'm totally gonna just take off for vacation and just lie in the middle of my living room floor, tv off, but Blackberry activated to vibrate on only calls and emails. Oh and with my netbook so I can refresh GMATClub every 10min.

I have no life until I know where I am going this fall. Real talk. Ahh!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
Schools: Indiana (Kelley) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 540 Q33 V31
GMAT 2: 650 Q39 V40
Send PM
suchdaddy wrote:
aaarrrhhhhggg.... ok. I just called Consortium and ucla. Consortium told me (even though we ALL know this isn't true) that THEY will be tell applicant who recieved the fellowship and who did not....?huh?

UCLA told me that everyone will find out next week who got the fellowship..... what's with all the conflicting information????

Why is the consortium still holding on to this false all-know power as if school aren't making fellowship calls? and why are some people finding out early and some finding out late... I've talked to people who got fellowships last year, and the fellowship recipiants were not always the first to know.. some who got fellowship last year found out late.... way late.

It sounds like UMich and Corrnell are on the ball... every other school seems to be hit or miss.

WISH I COULD, because my productivity is not that great right now. Further complicated by tasks that have to be done by tomorrow and over the weekend. (Yes, I have to work the freaking weekend. Not my choice, horrible time to be given no choice about it. I'd rather plan something/anything that will take my mind off of this wait right now.) I really WISH the remaining schools would start making some calls. I am not a patient person, and although I'm learning a lot about patience through this MBA process, I don't wish to learn ALL of my patience lessons over this next week!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
Schools: Indiana (Kelley) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 540 Q33 V31
GMAT 2: 650 Q39 V40
Send PM
ibizgirl wrote:
suchdaddy wrote:

WISH I COULD, because my productivity is not that great right now. Further complicated by tasks that have to be done by tomorrow and over the weekend. (Yes, I have to work the freaking weekend. Not my choice, horrible time to be given no choice about it. I'd rather plan something/anything that will take my mind off of this wait right now.) I really WISH the remaining schools would start making some calls. I am not a patient person, and although I'm learning a lot about patience through this MBA process, I don't wish to learn ALL of my patience lessons over this next week!

Of course, it occurred to me that my productivity might be on a decline from here on out. Next week I'll be dealing with the decision result. I'll have all offers on the table and be able to make a choice. From then on I'll be rolling pretty quickly thru the list of personal things to be done before leaving my job, admit student weekends, project turnovers at work, pre-work for school, and probably the worst case of leaving-work-for-grad-school-itis anyone has every seen.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: LEAD Program in Business, NSHMBA, NBMBAA
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 77
Concentration: General Management
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
Send PM
ibizgirl wrote:
Of course, it occurred to me that my productivity might be on a decline from here on out. Next week I'll be dealing with the decision result. I'll have all offers on the table and be able to make a choice. From then on I'll be rolling pretty quickly thru the list of personal things to be done before leaving my job, admit student weekends, project turnovers at work, pre-work for school, and probably the worst case of leaving-work-for-grad-school-itis anyone has every seen.

ibizgirl, what are the prospects thus far? how do think it's gonna all shake out?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 302 [0]
Given Kudos: 63
GMAT Date: 08-08-2011
Send PM
"leaving-work-for-grad-school-itis"
I hear you, ibizgirl. If I didn't need to continue to make money, I'd just quit now and start reading books for some of the core classes. I'm excited to start B school, but I am afraid that I might be over-romanticizing the experience. I'd imagine that there will be times during the next two years when I'll be begging for the sweet relief of Hell.

I plan to be downtown NYC. Downtown, down to eath, down to business.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 157 [0]
Given Kudos: 249
Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2015
GRE 1: Q170 V166
WE:Management Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
bettingtheranch wrote:
I got the Fellowship call from Stern!!!! Pretty excited right now. Can't get any work done.

Woooooooooooohoooo! Congrats!!!!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  95   96   97   98   99  ...  118   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts