Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 22:29 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 22:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
muxtheic wrote:
bshoolapp8 -> how do you know that the ewmba class of 2015 has only 33 members; which group are talking of?

I should have been more specific. I meant the facebook group
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT Date: 03-27-2012
GPA: 3.14
Send PM
What did you search for the FB group? I can't seem to locate groups for EWMBA Haas 2015 or any variation of that name.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Send PM
Got an interview call today. Had applied on March 15th...so it took ~10 days.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
For us R2'ers, this is the home stretch. Admit calls should be coming in in two days, and I must say...the suspense is absolutely miserable!

Quick question - has anyone received feedback as to how much weight the AdCom interviews carry? I know the standard holistic application rigamarole - GPA/GMAT/Work Experience/Letters of Rec/Essays - but once you get called on campus for an interview, how much does that matter? Does your interviewer have the ability to accept or reject you outright?

I was very happy with my interview, it was straightforward and honestly the quickest 30 minutes ever. Does anyone know how much interviews matter for the EWMBA program?

Cheers!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
muxtheic wrote:
Got an interview call today. Had applied on March 15th...so it took ~10 days.

Congratulations muxtheic...Can you share your profile details? Also, did your online application status change to under review or anything before you got the interview call.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
aksd84 wrote:
For us R2'ers, this is the home stretch. Admit calls should be coming in in two days, and I must say...the suspense is absolutely miserable!

Quick question - has anyone received feedback as to how much weight the AdCom interviews carry? I know the standard holistic application rigamarole - GPA/GMAT/Work Experience/Letters of Rec/Essays - but once you get called on campus for an interview, how much does that matter? Does your interviewer have the ability to accept or reject you outright?

I was very happy with my interview, it was straightforward and honestly the quickest 30 minutes ever. Does anyone know how much interviews matter for the EWMBA program?

Cheers!

While they may have the ability to reject you outright, i dont think they will admit you based on the interview. From what i have heard, it is more of a sanity check.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mbafall2011 wrote:
aksd84 wrote:

Cheers!

While they may have the ability to reject you outright, i dont think they will admit you based on the interview. From what i have heard, it is more of a sanity check.

Home stretch indeed. Not sure if anyone has seen this yet: https://berkeley.columbia.edu/

cause for worry if the emba admits accept admits into the ewmba class!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
At this point I'm beating a dead horse, but wanted to see if anyone else read the most recent post from the EWMBA Blog from 3/22:

Now that the Round 3 deadline has passed, I’m sure many of you are curious about what happens next. Our team is currently processing all the applications to make sure they are complete. We have started scheduling applicants for interviews. Interviews are by invitation only, and we interview at least 80% of our pool.

Please don’t be concerned if your colleague who applied gets contacted for an interview before you do. The timing of the application interview is in no way a reflection of the strength or weakness of a particular application; it’s more about the order in which your file gets processed and we need the entire time from the deadline to the decision release date to interview and read applications.

So much for that 2/3rd number! 80% seems very high...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
City: San Francisco
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM
That seems about right. There was a chat from last year that also agreed with the 80+% figure. It makes a lot of sense for an MBA program to want to interview as many candidates as they can. There are geographic constraints with full time programs, but most part time applicants are local so it should not be a huge inconvenience. When assessing the “soft” skills of a candidate, no paper application can beat actually sitting down and chatting with the applicant. It also levels the playing field for those who can’t seek professional or other types of preparatory help.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I know this question has been asked many times before- could you please point me to recommended books for the statistics pre-req?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Following link has the details around the stats waiver exam

https://forums.businessweek.com/n/pfx/fo ... w-bschools
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.8
WE:Consulting (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
mbafall2011 wrote:
I know this question has been asked many times before- could you please point me to recommended books for the statistics pre-req?

If you prefer to take the pre-req exam that's OK. But i dont knw if you recieved this email from the office
I quote the email -
"We will be offering two Data & Decision Workshops for admitted students to satisfy the EWMBA statistics requirement:

1) Saturday option – classes will be held 6 consecutive Saturdays from April 7th to May 12th
2) Online option – 6 week online course beginning mid-June
Please note: Due to space limitations, you may only enroll in these classes if you have been admitted to the program. If you submitted your application in Round 2, detailed schedule and registration information for the Saturday option class will be provided shortly after you receive your admissions decision on March 29. The first class will meet on Saturday, April 7th. We are in the process of finalizing the Online Option and will send out information as soon as it becomes available.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Send PM
It looks like there may be an influx of prospective students from the Berkeley-Columbia EMBA program into the EWMBA program.

https://www.berkeley.columbia.edu/
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V48
GPA: 3.61
WE:Consulting (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
So is today the day of truth for all Round 2 applicants?

Round 1 admits, what time did you guys start receiving calls?
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.8
WE:Consulting (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
lomei wrote:
So is today the day of truth for all Round 2 applicants?

Round 1 admits, what time did you guys start receiving calls?

I am also an eager Rd 2 applicant. Based on this thread it looks like calls came out a day before the deadline. So dont knw if we 'll hear anything today.....
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V48
GPA: 3.61
WE:Consulting (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Oh crap, I am out of it... thought that today was Wednesday already.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Tomorrow is result time ! All acceptance calls should come by tomorrow Wed 3/27. Thursday is for wait-lists and rejections.

Best of Luck everyone ! Between Economist Conference happening at Haas tomorrow.

May the odds be ever in your favor :-)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  32   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts