Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 16:54 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 16:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink]
So 596 of the approx. 575 spots are taken? :? I doubt adcom would put itself in a position to overfill the class, especially before it has even considered a single applicant from R3.

BStand wrote:
jerrykid wrote:
Boothie2014 wrote:
For those on the waitlist, I wanted to give you guys some clarity. Given that last year's class size is 579 and Booth historically has a 60% yield, this means they will admit ~965 people each year. I have access to their internal admit directory and it looks like 781 folks have been admitted so far which means close to 200 spots are still available. There is still a good chance that many of you will be admitted in the coming months, so keep your hopes up!

Thank you very much for your insight! It's very helpful. Still keep my hopes up and send additional materials to Booth.

Actually, Boothie2014's statistics are not completely accurate. I see the 781 incoming students in the directory, but that number includes about 320 R1 Admits who were in the database following the R1 deposit deadline. I can't remember the exact numbers, but I believe there were around 500 R1 admits (+/- 10-15) prior to the deposit deadline. So, the R1 yield was right around 65% and about 180 R1 Admits did not place a deposit.

This means there were approx. 460 R2 Admits (incl. those accepted from the R1 waitlist). Assuming a 60% yield in R2, 596 seats are spoken for between R1 and R2. This paints a very different picture of the remaining number of spots for R3 applicants and current waitlisters.

I hope I do not come across as pessimistic or negative, but I just want to clarify the situation for those waiting.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
ryantmc84 wrote:
So 596 of the approx. 575 spots are taken? :? I doubt adcom would put itself in a position to overfill the class, especially before it has even considered a single applicant from R3.

BStand wrote:
jerrykid wrote:

Thank you very much for your insight! It's very helpful. Still keep my hopes up and send additional materials to Booth.

Actually, Boothie2014's statistics are not completely accurate. I see the 781 incoming students in the directory, but that number includes about 320 R1 Admits who were in the database following the R1 deposit deadline. I can't remember the exact numbers, but I believe there were around 500 R1 admits (+/- 10-15) prior to the deposit deadline. So, the R1 yield was right around 65% and about 180 R1 Admits did not place a deposit.

This means there were approx. 460 R2 Admits (incl. those accepted from the R1 waitlist). Assuming a 60% yield in R2, 596 seats are spoken for between R1 and R2. This paints a very different picture of the remaining number of spots for R3 applicants and current waitlisters.

I hope I do not come across as pessimistic or negative, but I just want to clarify the situation for those waiting.

596 is the number if you assume a 60% yield on the R2 Admits. To one of the points made earlier, there's a very good chance that the 320 people who paid R1 deposits may only result in 250-275 matriculating students if some people are waiting to hear back from another school's waitlist or decides for pass up school completely.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I wonder how many of R1 waitlisted got off the wait-list? I am unfortunately still on the R1 waitlist. I only did a video update and did not send in any essays or emails or ROL etc. I was accepted into two other schools that i need to make a deposit decision in April. Does anyone think its OK for me to send in an update and ask if Booth can evaluate my status and give me the final decision sooner than the decision date or it will backfire? Thanks much for your feedback, I appreciate it!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
Has anyone received information to sign up for the waitlist yet? I thought we were getting an email today? No bueno.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.72
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
kookie wrote:
Has anyone received information to sign up for the waitlist yet? I thought we were getting an email today? No bueno.

I did not get an email but if you go to your check status page, the WL sign-up is below where you click to sign up for an interview.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Consulting2Finance wrote:
kookie wrote:

I did not get an email but if you go to your check status page, the WL sign-up is below where you click to sign up for an interview.

I'm not seeing a link to the WL sign-up on my application. You're talking about the page that shows the green check marks for interview, gmat scores, and links to the waitlist letter?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.72
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
andrew10987 wrote:
kookie wrote:

I'm not seeing a link to the WL sign-up on my application. You're talking about the page that shows the green check marks for interview, gmat scores, and links to the waitlist letter?

Yep, that's where I found mine. It's sort of buried at the bottom, under the section titled "Forms."
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM

Yep, that's where I found mine. It's sort of buried at the bottom, under the section titled "Forms."

Maybe it's different for double waitlisters. Mine has a green check mark there already for my waitlist reply from round 1 with no link to sign up again.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V44

WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
andrew10987 wrote:

Maybe it's different for double waitlisters. Mine has a green check mark there already for my waitlist reply from round 1 with no link to sign up again.

Ditto! Double WL'ed here. Just got the email but I can't see the form to fill out on my status page.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
City: San Francisco
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM
badsyntax wrote:
andrew10987 wrote:

Ditto! Double WL'ed here. Just got the email but I can't see the form to fill out on my status page.

Count me as another
Intern
Intern

Send PM
tlbkcal wrote:
badsyntax wrote:
andrew10987 wrote:

Count me as another

I had sent the Ad Com a quick note yesterday asking them about the enrollment form. Got a reply this morning saying that I don't need to fill it out. Kind of conflicting ... the email from yesterday read very much tailored to double WL'ers and it said, "We manage our waitlist on a round-to-round basis, and require all waitlisted candidates to fill out the Waitlist Enrollment Form each time a new decision has been rendered. As a result, we have opened the enrollment form for you and it should appear on your applicant status page. Similar to last round, this allows you to decide what is best for you, and helps us to better understand who is genuinely interested in remaining on the waitlist."
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.08
Send PM
Looks like the enrollment form is finally up for double-waitlisters! Are any of you doing a second video?? :roll:
Intern
Intern

Send PM
BYURover wrote:
Looks like the enrollment form is finally up for double-waitlisters! Are any of you doing a second video?? :roll:

Yep, I just got a second email saying that the form is up now. A little bit of mix up at South Woodlawn this morning, I guess :)

I think I will just provide my updates in a video format since they seem to be so excited about this new medium.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
I was going to post another letter of recommendation. I was told by the admissions office to just have my recommender email a letter in any format the recommender likes. Has anyone else done anything differently?

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Also, does submitting a new LOR even help even if it provides new info? Just wondering because:
1. Adcom has limited time and patience and probably dont want to read anything more than a page.
2. There is no format to the LOR so its really very informal.
3. Judging by the history of others who got off waitlists and didn't submit LORs.

I just dont want to piss my recommender off by asking for another letter so late in the game (he submitted a few recs for other schools for me and its been almost a year since we've been talking MBA).

Advice?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
To fellow double-waitlisters:

After filling out the Waitlist response form on the application website indicating that you do want to remain on the waitlist, did anyone get an email from Booth confirming this? I didn't and was just wondering because I believe after doing this after being wait-listed in R1, they sent something confirming this. Thanks.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.08
Send PM
bullsfan4life wrote:
To fellow double-waitlisters:

After filling out the Waitlist response form on the application website indicating that you do want to remain on the waitlist, did anyone get an email from Booth confirming this? I didn't and was just wondering because I believe after doing this after being wait-listed in R1, they sent something confirming this. Thanks.

I did not get a confirmation email. But everything appears fine on the status page...
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  22